[ACS][STOCK][DEV][RESTORE][KERNEL] Stock EG30 Kernel *Pulled from a non-rooted phone.

Search This thread

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN

Finished_logo.png

An Absolutely Stock EG30 Kernel​
*Pulled from a non-rooted phone.​

Credit to myself, Ninpo, leatherneck6017, and Pyrostic.​

What This Means

With a completely stock kernel pulled from a phone that has never been rooted, developers can compile custom kernels that don't use unofficial pieces from international phones, and anybody can restore the stock kernel with Odin. Therefore, there is no risk in rooting your phone anymore.

Source and GitHub

Since I'm nice and believe in the community being a place to share works and all work towards a common goal, I've taken the time to decompiled the kernel down to the initramfs and upload it for developers on my Github.

How to Flash

If you find yourself wanting to flash the stock EG30 kernel that you can download over at ACS, then you're going to want to become acquainted with Odin.
Once you've come to know (and most likely love) Odin, you can flash the kernel tar by putting it in the PDA slot.
No pit is needed when you are flashing a kernel, and you should always make sure the ONLY thing checked on the left side is auto reboot and NOT repartition.
Once the tar is in PDA and you have double checked that repartition is NOT selected you can go ahead and start the flashing process.
If you've done everything the right way then your phone will boot into the lockscreen and you can go on your way.

Downloads

Downloads for the zImage and the flashable Odin tar can be found over in the ACS forums, where they are mirrored at high speeds.

Download Odin

Download Kies

The process for flashing the stock kernel is laid out in this video tutorial created by qbking77 from ACS.

Hit that thanks button if you like what I'm doing, and if you're really kind you can donate to help me save up for a personal Epic Touch.

Last edited by a moderator:

JungleJiujitsu

Sep 12, 2010
Westbury, NY
Quick questions, and pardon if its answer is obvious, but does using Odin to flash this stock kernel remove CWM if we have it installed on our devices?

leatherneck6017

Oct 22, 2010
Portland, OR

stangdriverdoug

May 27, 2009
Cleveland
The developent and patience with answering questions / problems have been jaw dropping. Excellent job you guys. I can see the kernel development waters starting to boil lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Finished_logo.png

An Absolutely Stock EG30 Kernel​
    *Pulled from a non-rooted phone.​

Credit to myself, Ninpo, leatherneck6017, and Pyrostic.​

What This Means

With a completely stock kernel pulled from a phone that has never been rooted, developers can compile custom kernels that don't use unofficial pieces from international phones, and anybody can restore the stock kernel with Odin. Therefore, there is no risk in rooting your phone anymore.

Source and GitHub

Since I'm nice and believe in the community being a place to share works and all work towards a common goal, I've taken the time to decompiled the kernel down to the initramfs and upload it for developers on my Github.

How to Flash

If you find yourself wanting to flash the stock EG30 kernel that you can download over at ACS, then you're going to want to become acquainted with Odin.
    Once you've come to know (and most likely love) Odin, you can flash the kernel tar by putting it in the PDA slot.
    No pit is needed when you are flashing a kernel, and you should always make sure the ONLY thing checked on the left side is auto reboot and NOT repartition.
    Once the tar is in PDA and you have double checked that repartition is NOT selected you can go ahead and start the flashing process.
    If you've done everything the right way then your phone will boot into the lockscreen and you can go on your way.

Downloads

Downloads for the zImage and the flashable Odin tar can be found over in the ACS forums, where they are mirrored at high speeds.

Download Odin

Download Kies

The process for flashing the stock kernel is laid out in this video tutorial created by qbking77 from ACS.

Hit that thanks button if you like what I'm doing, and if you're really kind you can donate to help me save up for a personal Epic Touch.
    hope you guys like the stock kernel! we spent a good deal of hard work on it.
    This thread is specifically for the stock EG30 kernel. This is not a place for discussion about custom kernels and everything else. If you want root, there are kernels currently available for that, if you want Clockwork recovery, again, there are kernels for that.

Once I have an Epic Touch in my hands (hopefully this week) I can do alot more to further development on a whole, but until then this kernel is simply for flashing back to stock because you want to help you LOS (loss of service) issues or return you phone to Sprint or 'stock'.
    ...and my Epic Touch has arrived. :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
    Still a no go. I booted to CW mounted the usb copied the zip and went I try to install it I get....

" Clearing cache
    script aborted (no error message) E:Error in /sdcard/stock_EG30_Kernel.zip

I've tried re downloading and copying it to the usb with the same result.

I forgot to update the binary file, so use this one