[DISCONTINUED] Android Recovery Manager 1.2.1.0

Search This thread

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Even though the software is still working for many, I do not provide any more support for it.
I've been caught up with college, and it's been really hard to manage everything.
So from here, I would like to announce that I am discontinuing this product but will still keep it online.
Thanks guys for your support, and sorry about that!

Hey guys!
I'm proud to introduce you my application "Android Recovery Manager".

What is this application for?
As its name says, it is a Recovery Manager. It can flash any recovery you want by a single click.

What you get?
- You don't need to understand a single ADB or fastboot command. The application manages everything on its own.
- Up-to-date list of Stock Recoveries for almost all RUUs. ** Request your recovery if it's not available, and it'll be added as soon as possible **
- The application is only one file, the required files such as ADB and fastboot are compressed inside the application, and extracted to a folder in ProgramData on run-time.
- You can import recoveries from your computer or the application can download a recovery for you.
- Multiple devices supported, if you have more than a phone connected, the application will recognize them and will let you choose between them.
- Integrated MD5 comparison system, if the downloaded recovery doesn't have the right MD5, the application downloads it again until it gets the right MD5.
- If you want to install a FOTA, you'll need to flash a recovery matching the one with your Stock ROM to successfully install the update. You can find and flash this recovery in no time using the application. (A full step-by-step guide can be found here.)
- A full XML log is created with all the commands executed and the output of the applications in a very neat way, making it easy to understand any error that occurred. If you don't don't understand the log, you can send it to me, and I'll help you as much as I can to fix the problem for you!

Known Bugs
* Windows XP users are having problems with the GUI colors. For a temporary fix, download Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - XP Fix

I am not responsible of your device, do whatever you want to it at your own risk. Anything that may happen to your device is under your responsibility.

N.B: If it ever happens to you that the application or even fastboot.exe crashes while doing anything, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE.
If the bootloader seems unresponsive, never get your battery off. Just wait until it gets responding again.

Compatibility:
The application has been tested under Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and it has been confirmed to work on both.

Requirements:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- HTC Fastboot Drivers

Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download:
Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - EXE
Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - Installer

Older version can be found here.

20,000 downloads and counting!
Code:
v1.2.1.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/4005defe7125892aeca988fa502f9c2a"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/ae9968aaf11591cb9f522f758b9c2692"]EXE[/URL])
* Fixed closing issues.
* Updated the application's interface.
* Everything now created by the application is created in ProgramData (Windows Vista and 7 users).
* Running the application from the drive containing Windows no longer crashes the application.
* Improved the way the application manages the folders.
* You can now access the 'Logs' and 'Data' folders by clicking "Browse -> Logs" or "Browse -> Downloaded Recoveries".

v1.2.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/a5f09c3e713e4194973dc720b41906ad"]EXE[/URL])
* More powerful ADB and Fasboot commanders.
* Added logging, the application now saves every output by the commands executed, to an XML file.
* Flashing should now be faster and safer then before.
* When flashing a recovery, the application doesn't terminate any fastboot process, if any fastboot process is found opened, the application waits until the user closes it and then starts flashing.

v1.1.0.0 (Unreleased)
* Using .NET Framework 3.5 instead of 4.0.
* Cleaned up coding.
* Changed the UI design.
* Rewrote from scratch ADB and fastboot commanders.
* Closing the application should now close without any problems.

v.1.0.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/download.php?file=46605457fde1586c658ad8c6ee3a64db"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/4dba98cb3d92d508c4e1a8f8b49165cd"]EXE[/URL])
* Initial Release.

Special Thanks to:
* raj2022 - All the European Recoveries.
* frederikh - All the Recoveries.
* the_scotsman - Telstra WWE Recovery.
* dansharpy - Testing.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 86,467
  • 2.png
    2.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 87,928
  • 3.png
    3.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 87,978
  • 4.png
    4.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 85,546
  • 5.png
    5.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 87,176
  • 6.png
    6.png
    48 KB · Views: 86,998
  • 7.png
    7.png
    34 KB · Views: 86,713
Last edited:

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
158 views, 7 downloads and no feedback..
Come on guys, it's the first application I create for android, tell me what you think :D

Reactions: daddio927

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Look nice !
is it compatible with Xp ? How to install ?

Wasn't tested on XP yet, but as long as you have the HTC Drivers and .NET Framework 4 installed, everything's supposed to work fine.

Install it normally, download the file "Android Recovery Manager - Installer" and you'll find the setup in it, follow the steps on screen and you'll have a shortcut on your desktop when the installations is completed!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e

Reactions: daddio927

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
V 1.1 will be released today, cleaner code, and the application now creates logs for debugging.
Anybody wants anything else to be added? ;)
Btw, 33 downloads and only 3 replies.. thats a little weird :(

matmar

Aug 15, 2008
Net. Framework 4 is only for W7...
Wasn't tested on XP yet, but as long as you have the HTC Drivers and .NET Framework 4 installed, everything's supposed to work fine.

Install it normally, download the file "Android Recovery Manager - Installer" and you'll find the setup in it, follow the steps on screen and you'll have a shortcut on your desktop when the installations is completed!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

n1kon

Mar 21, 2006
This is a nice idea however I can't test it for u as I have a Mac.

Sorry dude.

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Nice idea and nice sw but not many people need it tbh. Most people just use custom rom, and chefs do all the updates.

Now, food for thought...

IF, it would be possible to install full RUU with that from your database, this sw would be invaluable. ;) I'm sure it's not that difficult to implement.

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Nice idea and nice sw but not many people need it tbh. Most people just use custom rom, and chefs do all the updates.

Now, food for thought...

IF, it would be possible to install full RUU with that from your database, this sw would be invaluable. ;) I'm sure it's not that difficult to implement.
Thank you :D
Well, the RUU is already an application, you run and it does the work, why should I do so?
Tell me if I got ur question wrong :D

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Well, RUU are scattered all over for different devices. It would be nice to have single database for all htc models. Also, possibility to choose what to flash, radio, rom, recovery would be superb.

To just flash recovery there are a few applications already available, like flasher, which also do other functions, so it's kind of pointless keeping your sw just for that.

I have a feeling that you have a "know how" how to make it work.
Thank you :D
Well, the RUU is already an application, you run and it does the work, why should I do so?
Tell me if I got ur question wrong :D

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Well, RUU are scattered all over for different devices. It would be nice to have single database for all htc models. Also, possibility to choose what to flash, radio, rom, recovery would be superb.

To just flash recovery there are a few applications already available, like flasher, which also do other functions, so it's kind of pointless keeping your sw just for that.

I have a feeling that you have a "know how" how to make it work.

It's not difficult to do something like that :D
I know how to do it, but the thing is that an RUU returns your device to a state that is almost as the one when you bought it..

If I implement something like that, it'll only be able to flash radio, recovery, system and its boot image... (RUU flashes bootstrap and hboot too and maybe others I'm not aware of..)
It can be done, wont take more than 2 hours from me to get it all set..

But again, the hard part is the images themselves.. I need to make sure that all the images have the right MD5, that none of them are corrupted and that every single byte in there is right.. You know how dangerous could it be to flash a corrupted radio? ;)
Anyway.. The application is way more flexible than any other, it does all the work, you even have a list of all the recoveries you can think off... I believe I didn't see any other applications doing the same thing.. thats why I created it in the first place :)

I like the idea though ;)
I believe I'm gonna customize the application to make it work as u said ;)

Thank you :d

Last edited:

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Cool. If you want a clarification of my idea just pm me. I believe something epic can be done here ;)
It's not difficult to do something like that :D
I know how to do it, but the thing is that an RUU returns your device to a state that is almost as the one when you bought it..

If I implement something like that, it'll only be able to flash radio, recovery, system and its boot image... (RUU flashes bootstrap and hboot too and maybe others I'm not aware of..)
It can be done, wont take more than 2 hours from me to get it all set..

But again, the hard part is the images themselves.. I need to make sure that all the images have the right MD5, that none of them are corrupted and that every single byte in there is right.. You know how dangerous could it be to flash a corrupted radio? ;)
Anyway.. The application is way more flexible than any other, it does all the work, you even have a list of all the recoveries you can think off... I believe I didn't see any other applications doing the same thing.. thats why I created it in the first place :)

I like the idea though ;)
I believe I'm gonna customize the application to make it work as u said ;)

Thank you :d

Reactions: claudenegm

claudenegm

Aug 16, 2011
Cool. If you want a clarification of my idea just pm me. I believe something epic can be done here ;)

If you have any suggestions tell me :D
Maybe I'm missing any idea ;)
PM me or reply here, as you like ;)

awesam

Aug 27, 2011
Timor-Leste
tried downloading executable file via chrome and it says it "may" be malicious ?????
i've never seen chrome behave that way

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even though the software is still working for many, I do not provide any more support for it.
    I've been caught up with college, and it's been really hard to manage everything.
    So from here, I would like to announce that I am discontinuing this product but will still keep it online.
    Thanks guys for your support, and sorry about that!

Hey guys!
    I'm proud to introduce you my application "Android Recovery Manager".

What is this application for?
    As its name says, it is a Recovery Manager. It can flash any recovery you want by a single click.

What you get?
    - You don't need to understand a single ADB or fastboot command. The application manages everything on its own.
    - Up-to-date list of Stock Recoveries for almost all RUUs. ** Request your recovery if it's not available, and it'll be added as soon as possible **
    - The application is only one file, the required files such as ADB and fastboot are compressed inside the application, and extracted to a folder in ProgramData on run-time.
    - You can import recoveries from your computer or the application can download a recovery for you.
    - Multiple devices supported, if you have more than a phone connected, the application will recognize them and will let you choose between them.
    - Integrated MD5 comparison system, if the downloaded recovery doesn't have the right MD5, the application downloads it again until it gets the right MD5.
    - If you want to install a FOTA, you'll need to flash a recovery matching the one with your Stock ROM to successfully install the update. You can find and flash this recovery in no time using the application. (A full step-by-step guide can be found here.)
    - A full XML log is created with all the commands executed and the output of the applications in a very neat way, making it easy to understand any error that occurred. If you don't don't understand the log, you can send it to me, and I'll help you as much as I can to fix the problem for you!

Known Bugs
    * Windows XP users are having problems with the GUI colors. For a temporary fix, download Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - XP Fix

I am not responsible of your device, do whatever you want to it at your own risk. Anything that may happen to your device is under your responsibility.

N.B: If it ever happens to you that the application or even fastboot.exe crashes while doing anything, do not, and I repeat, DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE.
    If the bootloader seems unresponsive, never get your battery off. Just wait until it gets responding again.

Compatibility:
    The application has been tested under Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and it has been confirmed to work on both.

Requirements:
    - .NET Framework 3.5
    - HTC Fastboot Drivers

Screenshots:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Download:
    Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - EXE
    Android Recovery Manager v1.2.1.0 - Installer

Older version can be found here.

20,000 downloads and counting!
    Code:
    v1.2.1.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/4005defe7125892aeca988fa502f9c2a"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/ae9968aaf11591cb9f522f758b9c2692"]EXE[/URL])
    * Fixed closing issues.
    * Updated the application's interface.
    * Everything now created by the application is created in ProgramData (Windows Vista and 7 users).
    * Running the application from the drive containing Windows no longer crashes the application.
    * Improved the way the application manages the folders.
    * You can now access the 'Logs' and 'Data' folders by clicking "Browse -> Logs" or "Browse -> Downloaded Recoveries".

v1.2.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/a5f09c3e713e4194973dc720b41906ad"]EXE[/URL])
    * More powerful ADB and Fasboot commanders.
    * Added logging, the application now saves every output by the commands executed, to an XML file.
    * Flashing should now be faster and safer then before.
    * When flashing a recovery, the application doesn't terminate any fastboot process, if any fastboot process is found opened, the application waits until the user closes it and then starts flashing.

v1.1.0.0 (Unreleased)
    * Using .NET Framework 3.5 instead of 4.0.
    * Cleaned up coding.
    * Changed the UI design.
    * Rewrote from scratch ADB and fastboot commanders.
    * Closing the application should now close without any problems.

v.1.0.0.0 ([URL="http://filebeam.com/download.php?file=46605457fde1586c658ad8c6ee3a64db"]Installer[/URL] or [URL="http://filebeam.com/4dba98cb3d92d508c4e1a8f8b49165cd"]EXE[/URL])
    * Initial Release.

Special Thanks to:
    * raj2022 - All the European Recoveries.
    * frederikh - All the Recoveries.
    * the_scotsman - Telstra WWE Recovery.
    * dansharpy - Testing.
    I am going to try this asap, seems like a good software.
    First post updated!
    The application is now available for download!

Tell me what you think ;)
    Hey guys,

I am sorry to announce that I am not providing any more support for the Android Recovery Manager, and am discontinuing it.
    List of recoveries may not work anymore, however, you can still provide your own recovery and it will work just fine (under your own risk though).

Stay awesome guys!
    Thanks for your support :)
    Net. Framework 4 is only for W7...