FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM 10/24/11 latest SBF build Stock ROM FIXED DATA [10/27]

1,395 posts
Thanks Meter: 482

By Yay 4 Juggs, Senior Member on 4th August 2011, 07:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th September 2011, 06:01 AM |#541  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORam78

Are you unrooted? Make sure you are completely stock and NOT rooted. Then try and flash. I had a similar issue but made sure to go back to a non rooted stock rom.

Sent from my Tab

Ah.. I see. I am rooted. Would reflashing 198.5 unroot my phone and make it stocked? . Thanks for the help

26th September 2011, 07:08 AM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Finally got ahold of my gf laptop

Flashed the newest version ...had a error the first time ..worked like a charm the second time

Had to root again...used the AIO ...easy as pie

Runnin smooth so far

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
26th September 2011, 08:03 AM |#543  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,055

Donate to Me
More
Can you preroot the cwm version. That would be nice.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
26th September 2011, 08:29 AM |#544  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeYoon

I am on 198.5 and can't flash to 198.6 using RSD light. I tried 3 times and failed.

Did you look at my post like 2 posts up from your post? It might help you.
26th September 2011, 12:21 PM |#545  
Flag Shanklin
Thanks Meter: 432

More
Moved to post #885
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ianford10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ianford10 Ad-Free
26th September 2011, 05:44 PM |#546  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrap

I've tested gtalk video successfully, but if the phone is asleep when I get a call, a message box is displayed and when I select "Accept", the phone lockscreen is shown and when I unlock the phone, I am not in a chat session. I can only start chat sessions or accept an incoming invitation if the phone is on and lockscreen is not active. BTW - I am using the stock lockscreen.

I can't quite put my finger on what's happening here, but I think Gtalk's servers can be a bit cranky. My brother and I tested on the same wifi network and sometimes our phones ring each other--sometimes not. I have confirmed that I can receive and join a video chat while my phone was sleeping (requires unlock, then the chat runs normally). This was on a McDonald's wifi with stock 198_6 and lock screen.

EDIT: I tried keeping my hands off my phone after the video chat comes in and I hit the "Accept" button, and this DOES NOT require unlock. I see the stock lock screen briefly, then the chat starts with no intervention from me. This is all while the phone is sleeping. I believe this is how it should work.
26th September 2011, 10:25 PM |#547  
Flag Tripolis, Greece
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Has anyone managed to install with CWM recovery the .zip file from "STOCK ROM BUILT FROM 198_6 FULLY DEODEXED AND ZIPALIGNED" link.
Otherwise the OP must tell us how.
We all get error in flashing
26th September 2011, 11:00 PM |#548  
Flag Houston, because I have a problem
Thanks Meter: 296

More
I just did this from the OTA 154 and it did not wipe my phone. I was thinking it would wipe it. Odd

For those trying and you keep having radio issues, make sure that you wait for RSD to tell you that you need to manually reboot the phone. Do this by pulling the USB and battery>wait 30+ sec>plug USB in and then battery and let the phone go(may need to power up manually). I kept getting radio failed to initiate till I did just what I did above.

Also AIO worked great, and I love this little one liner in there!!! should freak a lot of people out.
26th September 2011, 11:47 PM |#549  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I also haven't been able to get the zip to install with the bootstrap.
27th September 2011, 12:04 AM |#550  
Flag San Antonio, TX (Bexar county, you figure it out)
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhausen

I can't quite put my finger on what's happening here, but I think Gtalk's servers can be a bit cranky. My brother and I tested on the same wifi network and sometimes our phones ring each other--sometimes not. I have confirmed that I can receive and join a video chat while my phone was sleeping (requires unlock, then the chat runs normally). This was on a McDonald's wifi with stock 198_6 and lock screen.

EDIT: I tried keeping my hands off my phone after the video chat comes in and I hit the "Accept" button, and this DOES NOT require unlock. I see the stock lock screen briefly, then the chat starts with no intervention from me. This is all while the phone is sleeping. I believe this is how it should work.

FWIW, I was also testing it with a phone on the same wifi network and we also started with problems until we logged all computers and tablets out of GTalk. Ill try it again and resist the lockscreen after I accept the chat to see what happens.
27th September 2011, 01:23 AM |#551  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 482

Donate to Me
More
For those unable to fladh deodexed rom i need to know the error you're getting so i can fix it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)