By neldar, Retired Recognized Developer on 30th October 2010, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2011, 12:39 PM |#841  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringonblink

i have the exact same problem in MIUI, was there any fix? using paid version

I had the same problem, and I solved it enabling the MIUI notifications led too (as well as the BLN) from settings - personals - LED settings (I dunno if is the right english translation, I have it in another language).

Hope it helps.

Bye =)
The Following User Says Thank You to motoplux For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift motoplux Ad-Free

21st September 2011, 02:33 PM |#842  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Unhappy Calendar Notifier... Please Share!!! :eek:
Hi!

Could someone post the free "Calendar Notifier" app that was available from the Market some time ago?

Now it's been removed and I can assure you that it's not available at all on the internets (yeah, I've looked ).

Really, I've registed in more than a couple of sites, like GetJar, that lead you to believe that you are about to download the app. Then it makes you install the "downloader" on the phone. Fine, I did that. Then I went to download it and BAM, it redirected me to the Market page saying that the item is no longer available!

Please somebody, share the apk here for us fellow users.

Thanks
21st September 2011, 03:23 PM |#843  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 245

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoplux

I had the same problem, and I solved it enabling the MIUI notifications led too (as well as the BLN) from settings - personals - LED settings (I dunno if is the right english translation, I have it in another language).

Hope it helps.

Bye =)

OMG thanks a lot mate, I've been racking my brains over this for a while now
22nd September 2011, 03:52 PM |#844  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello!

I've been using BLN for a while now.

However, when my dad received his SGS 2 and wanted to test this, we noticed that it didn't work with Missed Calls, but it did work with everything else (SMS, MMS, Gmail, Whatsapp... etc etc)

Is that a known issue?

I tested back on my own SGS (1) and it was the same! Only missed calls not working...

We are both running the correspondent darkyROM for each device.

Thanks!
22nd September 2011, 04:13 PM |#845  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinRoh3

Hello!

I've been using BLN for a while now.

However, when my dad received his SGS 2 and wanted to test this, we noticed that it didn't work with Missed Calls, but it did work with everything else (SMS, MMS, Gmail, Whatsapp... etc etc)

Is that a known issue?

I tested back on my own SGS (1) and it was the same! Only missed calls not working...

We are both running the correspondent darkyROM for each device.

Thanks!

Did you turn missed calls on in the bln settings?

Sent from my Google Sexus S
22nd September 2011, 04:18 PM |#846  

More
Quote:

Did you turn missed calls on in the bln settings?

Sent from my Google Sexus S

I don't have any option like that. I must say i'm using bln control free. Maybe it's only available on the pro version?
22nd September 2011, 08:49 PM |#847  
Thanks Meter: 740

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinRoh3

I don't have any option like that. I must say i'm using bln control free. Maybe it's only available on the pro version?

Yep, it is.
23rd September 2011, 04:54 PM |#848  

More
Ok, I bought the PRO version and it's working indeed I won't use blinking or schedule but this was a needed feature
25th September 2011, 09:55 PM |#849  
Flag London

More
Just wonderign, is there going to be support for normal notifcations, like third party apps etc
The Following User Says Thank You to bringonblink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bringonblink Ad-Free
27th September 2011, 01:17 AM |#850  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 363

More
Quote:

Just wonderign, is there going to be support for normal notifcations, like third party apps etc

No, if you are wondering about the reason, then you might want to understand the functional principle of bln by looking at the following "art":

|android application| --> |notification service| --> |bln liblights| --> |bln driver| --> |touchkey leds|

legend:
--> : x calls y (unidirectional)
android application: any android application
notification service: public api, part of the Android SDK
liblights: conjunction between the android OS and the Linux kernel
bln driver: provides interface to control the touchkey led hardware
touchkey leds: light emitting diodes behind the touchkeys...

The bln mod (blue parts) just adds the (modified) liblights and the bln driver in that chain, these components are missing in the original stock ROM from Samsung.
Any android application that should trigger the leds just have to implement the call (the red arrow) of the functions of the notification service .

And the gentle reader may now notice that the control app is missing in that flowchart. Well, the control app consists of 2 parts, one part actually accesses the bln driver to adjust some settings. The second part detects missed calls and acts like any other android application to issue a (hidden) notification with the led flag.

PS: The flowchart includes only the necessary components and conjunctions between the application and the leds. There are a few more components involved, but you don't need to know them all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neldar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neldar Ad-Free
28th September 2011, 10:52 AM |#851  
Flag Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,

I am using BLN Control Pro.

My ROM is Leomar 2.6 with ninphetamine 2.1.3 kernel.

Since my last CWM Restore I have the following problem:

BLN does not work after a restart.

It only works when it is manually started once.

I tried to reinstall BLN control but nithing helped. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)