FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

official 5.6.890 (download) not leak

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 162
 
By LRiley, Senior Member on 27th September 2011, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th September 2011, 02:24 PM |#41  
Senior Member
Throop
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTropa64

What apps will I need to restore to successfully apply this update? I've removed the following:

Apps 1.02.16
Backup Assistant 2.3.4
Backup Assistant Client 1.0
Blockbuster 0.8
Citrix Receiver 2.1.1059
City ID 1.1.7
DLNA 0709.69
GoToMeeting 1.0
Guided Tours 2.3.4
Help Center 2.3.4
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.4
News 2.3.4
NFL Mobile 4.0
Skyp mobile 1.6.0.15
Slacker 2.1.191
Social Location 2.0
Social Networking 2.3.4
Task Manager 10.0
Tasks 1.0
V CAST Media Manager 4.2.99.36
V CAST Music 03.72.107
V CAST Tones 4.5.7
V CAST Videos 5.72.005
Voice Commands
Voicemail 1.1
VZ Navigator 7.1.5.33
Weather 2.3.4
ZumoCast 1.0.17
Also, what are the chances of bricking my phone if I just go ahead and try applying the update without restoring any of those apps?

Everything has to be restored. otherwise the update will fail
 
 
29th September 2011, 03:24 PM |#42  
LaTropa64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eww245

Everything has to be restored. otherwise the update will fail

Thanks. I had everything backed up with Titanium Backup but half of the stuff wouldn't restore. It would just hang when trying. I couldn't get the following apps put back:
- Backup Assistant 2.3.4
- Backup Assistant Client 1.0
- DLNA 0709.69
- Guided Tours 2.3.4
- Help Center 2.3.4
- IM 3.0.4.6
- IM Presence 2.3.4
- News 2.3.4
- Social Networking 2.3.4
- Task Manager 10.0
- Tasks 1.0
- Voicemail 1.1
- Weather 2.3.4
Any idea how I can get those back?
29th September 2011, 03:38 PM |#43  
Senior Member
Throop
Thanks Meter: 78
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTropa64

Thanks. I had everything backed up with Titanium Backup but half of the stuff wouldn't restore. It would just hang when trying. I couldn't get the following apps put back:

- Backup Assistant 2.3.4
- Backup Assistant Client 1.0
- DLNA 0709.69
- Guided Tours 2.3.4
- Help Center 2.3.4
- IM 3.0.4.6
- IM Presence 2.3.4
- News 2.3.4
- Social Networking 2.3.4
- Task Manager 10.0
- Tasks 1.0
- Voicemail 1.1
- Weather 2.3.4
Any idea how I can get those back?

You can get all the original files here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1164736
The Following User Says Thank You to eww245 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eww245 Ad-Free
29th September 2011, 05:36 PM |#44  
Member
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Got the OTA update today in the North Midwest area. I had restored all apps I had previously moved to \system\app\backup prior to starting the update and it installed successfully. Root was lost but everything is working well. Call clarity does seem to be better as well. I am hoping for a bit more battery life, but that remains to be seen.
29th September 2011, 05:49 PM |#45  
Senior Member
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
System updates wont open for me now, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
29th September 2011, 05:57 PM |#46  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 449
 
More
I STILL do not get why people remove the apps rather than freeze them. The stock apps do not take up much space and updating is problematic when you remove them. Best to freeze and unfreeze when needed.
29th September 2011, 10:47 PM |#47  
Tiffany84's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 3,366
 
Donate to Me
More
My friend has a unrooted droid 3 and her phone just got the update and now her phone doesn't recognize when headphones are plugged in. Has anyone had this problem or know a way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
30th September 2011, 12:30 AM |#48  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got the update pushed to my phone today. I have all stock apps still installed. But I am rooted and the update fails to install.

I see where people are having success with the ota even if rooted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
30th September 2011, 03:36 AM |#49  
blingchopr's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
i received the update ota today and forgot to unfreeze the apps i had frozen with titanium and it still installed successfully.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
30th September 2011, 10:00 AM |#50  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlxurmnd

I got the update pushed to my phone today. I have all stock apps still installed. But I am rooted and the update fails to install.

I see where people are having success with the ota even if rooted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem I in un froze all the apps and still update fails


Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
30th September 2011, 12:22 PM |#51  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 162
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareplayer1993

I am having the same problem I in un froze all the apps and still update fails


Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlxurmnd

I got the update pushed to my phone today. I have all stock apps still installed. But I am rooted and the update fails to install.

I see where people are having success with the ota even if rooted. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

best thing would be to use rsd to fastboot the imgs then use petesmotorolaroottools to restore apps then flash update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes