[FIX][SOURCE] Camera Flicker

Search This thread

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011
Updated kernels that now include this fix:

.35 = francos v1.1-02102011 and newer
.32 = fserves gbs v18b2 and newer

It seems that some phones experience camera flicker when overclocking and some don't.

Example of Camera Flicker

I noticed that I didn't experience camera flicker with Paulos .35 kernel so I dug through his sources and found the routine that solved my problem.

Note - I'm not a developer and I've only tested this with francos .35 sources.

Extract acpuclock.c to arch/arm/mach-msm and compile

I've contacted franco and fserve via PM with my findings and I know that franco is including it in his next release. However, if you can't wait.... do it yourself!! :D

THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP.

Attachments

• acpuclock.c.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I don't think so. I know that I get camera flicker with both francos and your .32 kernels but not with Zacks. He has also implemented this or some variation (wish I could see his sources).

If you'll compile golldenleaf or gbs with this fix I'll test it for you.

I hate people that don't share their sources... It's completely against GPL. But well like I told you before thanks for that finding. I'll update my .32 and .35 when I have time.

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
I don't think so. I know that I get camera flicker with both francos and your .32 kernels but not with Zacks. He has also implemented this or some variation (wish I could see his sources).

Zacks uses alot of codeaurora patches...

I hate people that don't share their sources... It's completely against GPL. But well like I told you before thanks for that finding. I'll update my .32 and .35 when I have time.

well that sounds good waiting for franco next release :D along with the integration

Sorry franco, i love speeds and can u add smartass back in .35 kernel and turn vsync off... please! Thanks a ton... Btw, any tips of adding kernel into roms?

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos

Sorry franco, i love speeds and can u add smartass back in .35 kernel and turn vsync off... please! Thanks a ton... Btw, any tips of adding kernel into roms?

Guess where he got the CAF patches from...

1. No, smartass it's obsolete, you have smartass2
2. No, recompile the kernel yourself if you want vsync off
3. No, there's plenty of documentation and explanations about that

Reactions: Garuxa

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011

He does now in his newest versions but he applied this fix in version 3.3 or something (sites down now can't confirm the version number). This is when he stated in his changelog that he applied Paulos camera fix.
He also neglected to mention that he was using francos sources as his base (so wrong). Comparing franco and Zacks changelog and looking at the date/time stamps it's hard to argue this.

Edit - Sorry franco I didn't see you post before I began mine.

Last edited:

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011
Sorry for the OT, but how do I compile the LG stock kernel from scratch? I want to learn :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

A month ago I didn't know either, here's how I did it:

Search engine + your deductive reasoning skills + trial and error = success. I'm sorry if this sounds like a smartass response but there are lot of tutorials out there.

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore

1. ok...
2. Where can i learn to compile my own kernel? Can i start from scratch? Why would i need to learn?
3. Sure? Using kitchen's extract is not working, the phone will not boot...

EDIT: Well maybe not! I can do it... Too troublesome... @terratrix http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...how-build-your-own-kernel-package-source.html try this! If u can compile, can compile for me too? OR u wanna learn together? (PLEASE IM NOT GAY!)

Last edited:

terratrix

Jun 9, 2011
Singapore
1. ok...
2. Where can i learn to compile my own kernel? Can i start from scratch? Why would i need to learn?
3. Sure? Using kitchen's extract is not working, the phone will not boot...

EDIT: Well maybe not! I can do it... Too troublesome... @terratrix http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...how-build-your-own-kernel-package-source.html try this! If u can compile, can compile for me too? OR u wanna learn together? (PLEASE IM NOT GAY!)

U can use dsixda kitchen to erm ...extract boot.Img and replace zimage, easy, tried that tons of times.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated kernels that now include this fix:

.35 = francos v1.1-02102011 and newer
    .32 = fserves gbs v18b2 and newer

It seems that some phones experience camera flicker when overclocking and some don't.

Example of Camera Flicker

I noticed that I didn't experience camera flicker with Paulos .35 kernel so I dug through his sources and found the routine that solved my problem.

Note - I'm not a developer and I've only tested this with francos .35 sources.

Extract acpuclock.c to arch/arm/mach-msm and compile

I've contacted franco and fserve via PM with my findings and I know that franco is including it in his next release. However, if you can't wait.... do it yourself!! :D

THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP.

is it .35 only, right?

Hmm, i will try later, do i need to replaces the .ko files?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    Yes