Nothing to see here - move along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
It's come to my attention that EU people are expressing an interest in this tool.

I'd be happy to expand support as log as I can get the proper feedback.

For hacking:

these lines in windows (hack-ace.cmd) validate the adb connection for the NAM ACE (Inspire):

if /i "%check:~0,-10%"=="MB" goto :working
if /i "%check:~0,-10%"=="HT" goto :working

I've added:

if /i "%check:~0,-10%"=="SH" goto :working

to support EU serial numbers starting with SH.

In Linux/OSX, it's this line:

sudo adb devices|egrep -i -q '(HT)|(MB)'

modified to look like this:

sudo adb devices|egrep -i -q '(HT)|(MB)|(HS)'

You can easily edit the script to add support for your model likewise. Please let me know what's missing and I'll add it.

Restoring to stock:

I'll need Carrier/region, stock CID, and a link to a RUU in zip format from a reliable mirror with an md5sum, then restore for that specific model can be added to that menu.

The link must be reliable and work with wget. No BS captcha/popup hell crap. No exceptions.

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
DHD boot images now added for non-North American Model DHDs, which should result in fully operational stock roms for ALL DHD, NAM and non-NAM.

The ACE Advanced Hack kit is currently the only one step s-off and root for devices requiring gold card and radio downgrade, and both processes are included in the one step.

If the PC is operating properly, no data is lost and the original ROM remains intact.

The goldcard process is fully integrated and goes fully unnoticed by most users.

If you have questions or issues, please visit the IRC channel in my SIG. Be patient, no one is paid to provide support there. We can help when available.

Last edited:

ponk2k

Jan 20, 2011
spain
Gotta say thanks, its by far the easiest way I've heard of rooting the Dhd, i'm surprised its not better known about, I'll do my best to make sure more hear of your great work.
Everyone involved in this deserves a lot of credit

Edit.. You may find a bit more traffic on here now, I've got this stickied on the Dhd general sticky roll up thread. thanks again

Last edited:

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Is the gb build 2.50.771.2 supported ?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Bornin

Jun 11, 2008
attn1, Just wanted to say your Q&A is the funniest one I read in loooong time. You should go on stage with that. It lolled the **** out of me:D

audiavant

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8 Pro
Sent my DHD to mcare for repair because of bad sound, got it back with new main board, speaker and receiver and 2.50.405.2 installed.
This rooted my DHD without downgrade on a few minutes, perfect work man.

Rexton270

Jun 6, 2007
3rd rock from the sun
D HD ROMs

It's come to my attention that EU people are expressing an interest in this tool.

For hacking:

these lines in windows (hack-ace.cmd) validate the adb connection for the NAM ACE (Inspire):

I've added:

You can easily edit the script to add support for your model likewise. Please let me know what's missing and I'll add it.

Restoring to stock:

I'll need Carrier/region, stock CID, and a link to a RUU in zip format from a reliable mirror with an md5sum, then restore for that specific model can be added to that menu.

The link must be reliable and work with wget. No BS captcha/popup hell crap. No exceptions.

Hi, i have some EU ROMs if needed (Vodafone uk/f, O2 uk, Meteor irl etc).

burgl

Jan 18, 2010
Hi attn1

I'm a moderator in a german smartphone community (pocketpc.ch). For this community, I translated your EFFEN-Manual to German and added some important information for european dhds (as example the notice not to flash an AT&T ROM on a european dhd).

I'd like to link to the my german version of the manuel, but because i'm a new user on XDA it isn't allowed to me :(

I hope it's ok for you that I took your work without asking :)
I would be delighted if you pack de german EFFEN Manual to de package, so its easier to download and understand it for German users :)

Greetz and many thanks for your great work with the aahk!

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
Hi, i have some EU ROMs if needed (Vodafone uk/f, O2 uk, Meteor irl etc).

Actually, I just need good reliable links to them and MD5s - the hack kit downloads the ROMS rather than including them. It would get very unwieldy mighty quickly otherwise - those RUUS are big.

Hi attn1

I'm a moderator in a german smartphone community (pocketpc.ch). For this community, I translated your EFFEN-Manual to German and added some important information for european dhds (as example the notice not to flash an AT&T ROM on a european dhd).

I'd like to link to the my german version of the manuel, but because i'm a new user on XDA it isn't allowed to me :(

I hope it's ok for you that I took your work without asking :)
I would be delighted if you pack de german EFFEN Manual to de package, so its easier to download and understand it for German users :)

Greetz and many thanks for your great work with the aahk!

Yeah, we can even do that and even have a language toggle for the menus. Stop into the IRC channel in my sig and we can work out details. WWE RUU's can be added to the restore menu, too.

Last edited:

hg3atintin

Jan 30, 2010
I just used this hack and I got Cwm but no s-off. Followed the instructions. Also I cant boot into the rom. I get stuck on the white screen (waited at the white screen for a couple of minutes).

Used latest ota stock europe rom.

Flashed custom rom now to see if it works.

Last edited:

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
Great program rooted and installed custom rom, in 10 minutes

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

attn1

Mar 18, 2010
I just used this hack and I got Cwm but no s-off. Followed the instructions. Also I cant boot into the rom. I get stuck on the white screen (waited at the white screen for a couple of minutes).

Used latest ota stock europe rom.

Flashed custom rom now to see if it works.

Then there were some issues with your USB comms. Those should have been resolved so that you could rerun the hack kit properly. You may have a mess develop without S-OFF and a more current version of CWM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For hacking:

I've added:

Restoring to stock:

DHD boot images now added for non-North American Model DHDs, which should result in fully operational stock roms for ALL DHD, NAM and non-NAM.

The ACE Advanced Hack kit is currently the only one step s-off and root for devices requiring gold card and radio downgrade, and both processes are included in the one step.

If the PC is operating properly, no data is lost and the original ROM remains intact.

The goldcard process is fully integrated and goes fully unnoticed by most users.

If you have questions or issues, please visit the IRC channel in my SIG. Be patient, no one is paid to provide support there. We can help when available.
    Custom Hboots with ENG functionality are now included. These hboots are safe for all current Inspire/DHD models. Make sure to choose the correct one for your build.

Froyo/Gingerbread (sense 2) and Gingerbread (sense 3) partition layouts are all supported.
    yes, it's back up.

Notes:

IRC Support channel has changed. We need help from people around the world - if you are good with HTC driver issues and can lend help, please join us in irc @ http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#aahkSupport

READ. Think. Try. Ask.