Adding Android Market to Coby Kyros MID1125 (no rooting)

Search This thread

pucku19

Sep 28, 2011
I hope this helps some people out there, because it drove me nuts trying to find a way to do this for the MID1125 since it's so new...

First off, I was told by the two main rooting software developers that there is currently no way to root my device, so I needed to find a way to add Market without rooting the tablet. BTW, I’m running 2.3.3.

Secondly, none of the guides on how to add Android Market out there worked for me (once again because my tablet is too new). Every time I tried to use Market, it would just keep crashing, so here is how I did it:

1. Turn on the Debugging Mode (Settings>Applications>Development, then check the box).

2. If you have a microSD card in the tablet, safely eject it.

3. Plug your Kyros into your computer with the supplied USB cable and turn USB Storage on. You will then be prompted to open a window up, so do that because that is the internal storage of your tablet.

4. Download and unzip the file I attached to your computer (there should be 8 files in the zip).

5. Drag the 8 files onto the root of your device.

6. Turn off USB Storage on your tablet and disconnect the cable.

7. On your tablet, use a file managing program. I use the one that came stock on the unit, which is ES File Explorer. Once this program is open, you should see “/sdcard/” on the top left. If you don’t, click the home picture toward the top left. Now when you scroll down, you will see the 8 files that you dragged onto the tablet. Install them in the order that they are listed by selecting each one at a time, which should be GoogleBackupTransport.apk, GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk, GooglePartnerSetup.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk, Talk.apk, and Vending.apk.

8. Once all 8 files are successfully installed, reboot your tablet, and when it comes back on, click the Market icon, and log in with the normal Google username and password (or create a new account if you don’t have one).

9. Turn off the Debugging Mode (Settings>Applications>Development, then uncheck the box) and you should be good to go.

* I've successfully done this on three of these MID1125 tablets, so I figured I would try to save others the MANY hours it took for me to figure this out.

kaleonkells

Dec 26, 2010
Chicago
Thanks..I been looking for this for a mid1125 for a few days now..even tho I get mines in the mail tomorrow..I'll let u know how it goes when I try this..

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Btw...anything else u learn about the 1125 to improve this tablet please let me know..thanks in advance...

pucku19

Sep 28, 2011
That's awesome! Glad it worked for you.

If anyone finds out when we can root this tablet, let me know :)

Zike123

Oct 8, 2011
Thanks @pucku19 it works for me i install the files and i got he android market working on my coby kyros 1125 tablet thanks a lot.

jcruckus

Dec 28, 2010
Yeah, pass the information along for the new market and especially if someone finds out how to root it. I have already tried z4root and Gingerbreak, neither of which worked.. I was about to try pulling it from my LG Optimus S phone running Cyanogen Mod with Gingerbread 2.3.3. I will test it out and report back. If I can I will post the files for the new market as well.

paulonsf

Nov 9, 2011
root coby 1125

Hello,

In google type: coby kiros root 1125 comunidade coby kyros orkut. There is a tutorial to root this coby. This tutorial is in portuguese linguage.but you can.i use the translate from google to use it. I will maker a english tutorial but will spend a little time

-Ö¿Ö-

Nov 17, 2011
You will need to know something about what is being spoke of (ADB in particular) and it's quite rough but here is a copy paste of the process that paulonsf was speaking of. Also note that due to a shortage of postings I can't post links, but I'm sure you can figure out where to put what to make them work :rolleyes: :

Coby Kyros ROOT access in 1125
I bring you here in the community a great tutorial made by Paulo Novais, who is here in the community. In this tutorial he explains how to access Root in 1125

Files needed:

Link 3: .mediafire.com/?0flk1abu232me1k (upgrade.zip-this installs the clockworkmod)
Link 4 : .mediafire.com/?cd061vl5465bmed (install su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed-This installs SU)
continuing ..
1 - The ADB tool is a tool that you use the switch to access the tablet.
-2) In a folder with a name for easier access to this folder, for example: C: \ ADBTOOL.
2 - Connect the tablet and the computer using the USB cable, enable tablet mode debugging settings / applications / development / usb debugging.
a. The tablet computer will identify the device as an android.
You can check this panel to identify control / hardware / device. If the drives in the devices should be, automatically installed, an exclamation mark on Android device will appear. This will be necessary
reinstall the drives. In my case I asked him to seek in Windows the best network drive to the device itself and windows found the drives.
b. In the tablet notifications inform him that he is with the way debugging turned on. In addition, it will give the option of connecting to the USB exchange of information with the computer. The one option that you want it mount the sd shows internal and external disk drives in computer. Do not enable that option.
c. To test that you have an established connection type and run the windows: CMD, go to the command prompt. Enter the folder ADBTOOL you created and placed the files in the link 2 (cd
ADBTOOL). One way to know if the drive is installed go type: ADB reboot and press enter. This should reset your Tablet. If you managed to get to that you already have access to tablet via ADB command!. The command: ADB devices also can be used to check if the device is android connected.

Procedure 2 (Installing ClockworkMod):
1 - Put the file update.zip and su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip link
3 and 4 link in an external SD and enter the same in 1125 coby tablet.
No need to uncompress the file, the tablet has the endende
format. ZIP.
a. In the tablet go to setting / about devices / System Update / Install
System Update / From SD CARD. Confirm the operation, the tablet will
reboot and install the update and reload the android system. In this
point CWM (ClockworkMod) was installed. Standards in tablets coby
to go to recovery mode (ClockworkMod) was enough to restart the
holding tablet (power + home). In 1125 coby form is not working,
at least for my coby.
b. To access the CWM use the comand ADB, as explained
above, but type: adb reboot recovery, the tablet will
CWM restart mode. In this mode displays a list of options,
as the backup option, which we talk about topics from previous options,
to update the system, run options of settings files
zip. To make the ROOT will use this last option.
c. To navigate the CWM coby 1125 only gives the option of using the volume
volume up and down (the power button has the same function of the volume up).
Volume will descend down the options. The volume goes up or power button
select the / run option. The problem that occurs in coby
1125, is that if you want to return to the previous option, will not be
possible, there is no button to do this operation. Thus, if you
wrong selection, you need to return the following command: adb reboot
recovery again that the tablet goes to the home screen CWM.
Procedure 3 (ROOT):
1 - Go to recovery mode using the command adb reboot recovery
2 - Scroll down to the option "install zip from sdcard" using the volume down
and select this option using the volume up. Another list will appear
options: choose the "choose zip from sdcard". From there you will see the
su file-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip listed, select this file and
run using the volume down and volume up to navigate to
select and execute.
3 - You will see it run an update. The takes a while. When finished you'll have to use the ADB to give command: ADB reboot from the computer. Because you cannot use the buttons on the tablet to give a reset by CWM.
4 - Ready! When you restart the tablet superuser and run the program, it will get root access and you will see a "#" symbol in notifications from your tablet. A root tip has a program to explore, you can browse directories, change the write option in the directory, copy and paste files. Very good indeed.

zams3430

Nov 30, 2011
Thank you so much for this post. I had been trying to get this done for days on my MID1126 and this worked perfectly!

twistsage

Nov 28, 2011
You will need to know something about what is being spoke of (ADB in particular) and it's quite rough but here is a copy paste of the process that paulonsf was speaking of. Also note that due to a shortage of postings I can't post links, but I'm sure you can figure out where to put what to make them work :rolleyes: :

Coby Kyros ROOT access in 1125
I bring you here in the community a great tutorial made by Paulo Novais, who is here in the community. In this tutorial he explains how to access Root in 1125

Files needed:

Link 3: .mediafire.com/?0flk1abu232me1k (upgrade.zip-this installs the clockworkmod)
Link 4 : .mediafire.com/?cd061vl5465bmed (install su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed-This installs SU)
continuing ..
1 - The ADB tool is a tool that you use the switch to access the tablet.
-2) In a folder with a name for easier access to this folder, for example: C: \ ADBTOOL.
2 - Connect the tablet and the computer using the USB cable, enable tablet mode debugging settings / applications / development / usb debugging.
a. The tablet computer will identify the device as an android.
You can check this panel to identify control / hardware / device. If the drives in the devices should be, automatically installed, an exclamation mark on Android device will appear. This will be necessary
reinstall the drives. In my case I asked him to seek in Windows the best network drive to the device itself and windows found the drives.
b. In the tablet notifications inform him that he is with the way debugging turned on. In addition, it will give the option of connecting to the USB exchange of information with the computer. The one option that you want it mount the sd shows internal and external disk drives in computer. Do not enable that option.
c. To test that you have an established connection type and run the windows: CMD, go to the command prompt. Enter the folder ADBTOOL you created and placed the files in the link 2 (cd
ADBTOOL). One way to know if the drive is installed go type: ADB reboot and press enter. This should reset your Tablet. If you managed to get to that you already have access to tablet via ADB command!. The command: ADB devices also can be used to check if the device is android connected.

Procedure 2 (Installing ClockworkMod):
1 - Put the file update.zip and su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip link
3 and 4 link in an external SD and enter the same in 1125 coby tablet.
No need to uncompress the file, the tablet has the endende
format. ZIP.
a. In the tablet go to setting / about devices / System Update / Install
System Update / From SD CARD. Confirm the operation, the tablet will
reboot and install the update and reload the android system. In this
point CWM (ClockworkMod) was installed. Standards in tablets coby
to go to recovery mode (ClockworkMod) was enough to restart the
holding tablet (power + home). In 1125 coby form is not working,
at least for my coby.
b. To access the CWM use the comand ADB, as explained
above, but type: adb reboot recovery, the tablet will
CWM restart mode. In this mode displays a list of options,
as the backup option, which we talk about topics from previous options,
to update the system, run options of settings files
zip. To make the ROOT will use this last option.
c. To navigate the CWM coby 1125 only gives the option of using the volume
volume up and down (the power button has the same function of the volume up).
Volume will descend down the options. The volume goes up or power button
select the / run option. The problem that occurs in coby
1125, is that if you want to return to the previous option, will not be
possible, there is no button to do this operation. Thus, if you
wrong selection, you need to return the following command: adb reboot
recovery again that the tablet goes to the home screen CWM.
Procedure 3 (ROOT):
1 - Go to recovery mode using the command adb reboot recovery
2 - Scroll down to the option "install zip from sdcard" using the volume down
and select this option using the volume up. Another list will appear
options: choose the "choose zip from sdcard". From there you will see the
su file-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip listed, select this file and
run using the volume down and volume up to navigate to
select and execute.
3 - You will see it run an update. The takes a while. When finished you'll have to use the ADB to give command: ADB reboot from the computer. Because you cannot use the buttons on the tablet to give a reset by CWM.
4 - Ready! When you restart the tablet superuser and run the program, it will get root access and you will see a "#" symbol in notifications from your tablet. A root tip has a program to explore, you can browse directories, change the write option in the directory, copy and paste files. Very good indeed.
how do you get the driver for the mid1125 my computer wont find it and when i go to adb it says device not recognized

czar_of_far

Dec 2, 2011
Market = good to go

I hope this helps some people out there, because it drove me nuts trying to find a way to do this for the MID1125 since it's so new...

First off, I was told by the two main rooting software developers that there is currently no way to root my device, so I needed to find a way to add Market without rooting the tablet. BTW, I’m running 2.3.3.

Secondly, none of the guides on how to add Android Market out there worked for me (once again because my tablet is too new). Every time I tried to use Market, it would just keep crashing, so here is how I did it:

1. Turn on the Debugging Mode (Settings>Applications>Development, then check the box).

3. Plug your Kyros into your computer with the supplied USB cable and turn USB Storage on. You will then be prompted to open a window up, so do that because that is the internal storage of your tablet.

4. Download and unzip the file I attached to your computer (there should be 8 files in the zip).

7. On your tablet, use a file managing program. I use the one that came stock on the unit, which is ES File Explorer. Once this program is open, you should see “/sdcard/” on the top left. If you don’t, click the home picture toward the top left. Now when you scroll down, you will see the 8 files that you dragged onto the tablet. Install them in the order that they are listed by selecting each one at a time, which should be GoogleBackupTransport.apk, GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk, GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk, GoogleFeedback.apk, GooglePartnerSetup.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk, Talk.apk, and Vending.apk.

8. Once all 8 files are successfully installed, reboot your tablet, and when it comes back on, click the Market icon, and log in with the normal Google username and password (or create a new account if you don’t have one).

9. Turn off the Debugging Mode (Settings>Applications>Development, then uncheck the box) and you should be good to go.

* I've successfully done this on three of these MID1125 tablets, so I figured I would try to save others the MANY hours it took for me to figure this out.

--------------------------------------
Installed Market and it went in like a champ on my MID1125.
Upgraded Flash from Market since it comes broken right out of the box.
Many Thanks.

boznianhacker

Nov 28, 2011
problems with market and the mid1125

so is anybody elses lockscreen flickering on and off randomly after installing market?
my tablet is also shutting off a lot, randomly, and i cant seem to get it to work right lately. is there any way to root it yet? kindof tired of this generic software it has!
and the person above with the rooting instructions is very hard to understand

Bigtech313

Dec 14, 2009
Detroit

Thanks worked for my daughters 8127

keepitup2

Dec 7, 2011
Problems adding Android Market to MID1125

I have followed the instructions of how to add the Adroid Market to the MID1125 and still no go. I get the GoogleBackupTransport.apk installed and every other file comes up not installed, with the exception of the Vending.apk which loads. Of course the Android Market does not work. It only flashes a white screen for a second the back to the desktop. I have uninstalled the packages and reinstalled several times, with the same result. I really do not want to root it.
Any ideas, anybody???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the newest gingerbread market 3.4.4. I was able to install it after stopping the old market in settings>apps
    I would like a copy of the files as well.

Thank You

You got mail

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Where did you find JB for 1125? I'm sick of this GB crap lol

Any pointers much appreciated :)

Sent from my C5170 using xda premium

Just visited the Coby US Homepage. No Jelly Bean Update there? Really Strange.
    However...visit the German Coby Homepage with your tab.

This link here
    http://www.cobygermany.de/?p=android4-update
    I'm really having trouble with this. I finally found a USB driver (maybe not the right one) and my computer connects (window 7 32bit), but the Kyros device is not an option in "my computer" so I can't install the files.

Also the tablet is not asking me if I want to use USB storage. It is showing USB connected and usb debug connected in the status bar.

Thanks
    Mike

Download this APK. Remove the stars from the .address, I dont have enough posts to post links.

androiddev.orkitra.*****com/download/apps/?appid=-2167684596893429897&download=******com.jrtstudio.automount_v1.1.7

You can get it on your tablet 2 ways - email yourself the link and download it on your tablet, or the easier way- pull your SD card, put it in your computer, move it over, and put it back in your tablet. Use ES File manager to navigate to your SD card (they call it tflash) then install it. It should automount your tablet without you needing to allow it. I had this issue on another tablet.
    Just wanted to say this worked flawlessly for me. I had the Market on my coby 1125 within 20 minutes of opening the box. For some reason I had to log in again the next day. It doesn't have the most current version of the market, but it is working great. Just wanted to say thanks. I have updated a 7015 and a 7024 using another forums instructions. THis was by far the clearest most well written set of instructions I have seen to date.
    Thank you... glad it worked for you!