Android Ad-hoc support hack/wpa_supplicant

Search This thread

whynot_

Mar 8, 2011
Ohio
Hi,

I have samsung galaxy 5 running Cyanogenmod 7.1. I tried this patch in CWM. But it says
" Installing update
Amend Script (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting was deprecated by google in androi 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading
to the clockwork mod 3.0 Gingerbred based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (update-binary) to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted."

Can anybody help me to resolve this.

Same results here. I have a HTC Aria rooted and s-off, running cm7 nightlies with dc8.9.1 kernel. As stated above any help would be greatly appreciated.....

NozMaximus

Dec 3, 2007
its included in the android sdk toolchain.

Can all the people which had problems, check the version of wpa_supplicant their rom is using? connectbot or via adb in cmd.exe/shell (adb shell wpa_supplicant -v) and post the output?.

It seems like some newer roms are using wpa_supplicant v6 with different libs.

You can try to use the precompiled wpa_supplicant from daveba http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7711198&postcount=6

our flash the attached signed update zip. (its the same file)

Attention: its not my file!!

I tried applying the patch but got the message "Install Aborted". The device is rooted. Before a reboot into recovery mode, do I need to turn on R/W in Root Explorer?

wpa_supplicant version: v0.6.10
Device: Galaxy S5660 (Gio)

Thanks

Zlatty

Sweet.

I got this working on my HTC Flyer WiFi with FlyHigh Rom.

Extract the wpa_supplicant from the zip file. Back up your original. Turn WiFi off. Use Root Explorer to paste it into your system/bin folder. Change the permissions on the file to rwxr-xr-x. Turn wifi back on. When scanning it should show (*) in front of any adhoc networks. I have it running with barnacle wifi tether on my OG Droid! W00tness!

Reactions: OGIGA and dreezone

axlastro

Jan 6, 2008
It doesn't work on SGS i9000 with 2.3.5 official firmware, rooted with semaphore kernel. I have done everything - copied over the new supplicant, changed permissions, configured ip address and password. I can see my WEP encrypted network but when I try to connect it just says scanning and doesn't want to connect.

cfong16

Dec 23, 2009
need help

Hi, I am new to Android from Winmo 6.5. Need some help with this.

1. How do I flash this recovery?
2. I installed a app called terminnal emulator. But when I enter the command "su", I got a response "permission denied". What does that mean?

I really would like to fix this ad-hoc issue. Step-by-step guidance is highly appreciated.

By the way I am trying to install this on a Moto Xoom tablet.

Thank you,

Zlatty

Hi, I am new to Android from Winmo 6.5. Need some help with this.

1. How do I flash this recovery?
2. I installed a app called terminnal emulator. But when I enter the command "su", I got a response "permission denied". What does that mean?

I really would like to fix this ad-hoc issue. Step-by-step guidance is highly appreciated.

By the way I am trying to install this on a Moto Xoom tablet.

Thank you,

1. You have to root your device and setup a custom recovery.
2. You need to root your device and get S-OFF in order to do any sudo commands

search the forums for 'how to root ____your_device___"

alguemx

Nov 12, 2007
It doesn't work for me!!!

First Thing Thank's for this post.

I have a Google Nexus S (Android version 2.3.6 // ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0), and it doesn't work for me i have the following errors :
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting is deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

Please if you have any idea for the solution!

sorry for my English.

dreezone

Nov 24, 2008

Extract the wpa_supplicant from the zip file. Back up your original. Turn WiFi off. Use Root Explorer to paste it into your system/bin folder. Change the permissions on the file to rwxr-xr-x. Turn wifi back on. When scanning it should show (*) in front of any adhoc networks. I have it running with barnacle wifi tether on my OG Droid! W00tness!

Thank you. you are a genius

Reactions: joytofender

OGIGA

Jan 12, 2010

Works on my MyTouch 4G Slide! :)

badboys3

Feb 9, 2011
Is there any way that i can enable Ad-hoc on Samsung Galaxy S2 (rooted).
My laptop and Kaiser (wm6.5) see ad-hoc just fine, but S2 doesnt :confused:

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
First Thing Thank's for this post.

I have a Google Nexus S (Android version 2.3.6 // ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.0), and it doesn't work for me i have the following errors :
Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
Amend scripting is deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

Please if you have any idea for the solution!

sorry for my English.

Same issue here, trying to connect it to my rezounds mobile hotspot .

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

and when i tried this, my tp wouldnt even look for wifi at all

plecto.rincus

Mar 26, 2008
I know this might be not the right thread to ask regarding the device, sorry for that, but about the problem I'm trying to solve it is.

I need to sharing my Internet connection from my HTC TyTn II with WM6.1 running WMWiFiRouter to my tablet iMiTo AM801 8" running Android Gingerbread 2.3.1.
I tried to substitute the wpa_supplicat file as indicated in several threads in xdadevelopers after rooting my device, but none of them seems to work for me, and all of them break the connection also to non-adhoc wifi network, so I reverted to the original file.
Any help? any news? Thanks in advance.

patelamit971

Jan 8, 2010
i just install it too mine samsung infuse with zeus rom.....intially it did turn on off mine wifi 5 10 times...bt then its working like a charm...thnks a lot...once it stars working thn thrs no prblm ...i can use mine pc net widt any prblms disconnection.....

rib.ale

Jul 27, 2012
Good morning friends, need to enable Ad-hoc on my Htc One X (wpa_supplicant v0.8.x-htc-0.13).

Or on my Galaxy Ace.

Well bought a Robo Brookstone Rove, and need for ad-hoc use the App to control it.

Salazarian

Apr 12, 2011
Doesnt work on PARANOID ROM Samsung Galaxy S2 either!
And my wlan is corrupted! Can not activate wlan! :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heya,

Unfortunately android, to be precisely wpa_supplicant does not show ad-hoc networks, the following modified wpa_supplicant shows them, haven't seen it before so I posted it :).

all credits go to szym (http://szym.net/android/adhoc-wpa-supp.html)

The patch below modifies the wpa_supplicant code in the external/wpa_supplicant AOSP repo to make ad-hoc networks appear as regular APs with a (*) prefix.

The patch:

* removes the [IBSS] flag from scan results,
    * masquerades and demasquerades ad-hoc ssid with (*) prefix
    * sets mode 1 (ad-hoc) if the ssid is for IBSS
    * permits the supplicant to select an IBSS when associating to a given ssid

patch: http://szym.net/android/wpa_supplicant-ibss.patch

The only thing I did was to apply the patch compile it for froyo and supply a signed update zip with the modified wpa_supplicant, work was done by szym.

Flash the attached wpa_adhoc-signed.zip in recovery and your done :).

a3e00f284ddff04804ba8d59364712b1 wpa_adhoc-signed.zip (v0.5.11)

Works with:

- Froyo/Eclair roms on HTC Hero (confirmed)
    - roms using wpa_supplicant v0.5.x

Attention:
    - It _seems_ like some rom using wpa_supplicant v0.6.x do not work! take care (e.g HTC Desire). Please report back.

you may check this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7716862&postcount=24

Always do a nandroid backup!!
    i took it off by reinstalling the same rom over it deleted the kernel an the wifi to so im back to normal now but yea how do i do this properly i thought i just it on the rom an every thing is ok lol an whats adb

its included in the android sdk toolchain.

Can all the people which had problems, check the version of wpa_supplicant their rom is using? connectbot or via adb in cmd.exe/shell (adb shell wpa_supplicant -v) and post the output?.

It seems like some newer roms are using wpa_supplicant v6 with different libs.

You can try to use the precompiled wpa_supplicant from daveba http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7711198&postcount=6

our flash the attached signed update zip. (its the same file)

Attention: its not my file!!
    Sweet.

Would anyone provide "ad-hoc support in wep" in a signed update zip? Thanks.

Thank you. you are a genius