HTC TITAN - An Insight

Search This thread

bhogal

Oct 29, 2008
Guys and Gals,

Great news !!

I have finally received my brand spanking new TITAN...

And I have been surprised already with the great increase in build quality of HTC, and not to forget that they have done wonders with that camera.

A couple of things they don't mention in the specs:

a. It now records in 720p with Stereo sound:)

b. Noise cancellation in phone calls, absolutely splendid call quality.

c. Despite HTC saying that Internet sharing was added by Microsoft too late, it is their in the settings and works very well :cool:

d. a SIM Toolkit app in settings to use with network provider SIM service options !

e. Samsung flash memory is used rather than a microsd card for the 16gb internal memory

f. WP Bench results

CPU
TIME : 15407ms
SEQ 4.86`'5 L/s
PAR 5.55 `'5 L/s

DATA
TIME : 17549ms
BLOCK 5MB
MEM 22.02 MB/s
STOR 10.54 MB/s

GPU
1224 FRAMES AVG : 40 F/s

For once I am actually genuinely happy with what HTC have produced

Any other info anybody would like let me know....

Last edited:

sayonical

Dec 3, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Pictures and even videos please :)

Does it feel solid or plasticky? Is the build quality superior to the HD7. How big is it really? How's the display and does it make all the text bigger as the resolution is the same...Battery life?

I am so excited for this phone

ammarmalik

Aug 30, 2010
Really want to know how the display is. 480x800 on 4.3'' was borderline so wondering how is it on 4.7''

bhogal

Oct 29, 2008
Pictures and even videos please :)

Does it feel solid or plasticky? Is the build quality superior to the HD7. How big is it really? How's the display and does it make all the text bigger as the resolution is the same...Battery life?

I am so excited for this phone

The Titan feels very solidly metal, the build is absolutely superb, One cannot compare the HD7 to this beast!

It doesn't feel too big, in fact it feels very very thin in the hand; the feel is such that I get the same dimensional feeling when I hold my Galaxy S2

Everything is bigger, the tiles, the text, and especially the keyboard are much much more touch friendly :)

Battery life so far I really can't say anything.....

Really want to know how the display is. 480x800 on 4.3'' was borderline so wondering how is it on 4.7''

Ammar, the display is a beauty, the blacks are deep, viewing angles are excellent ~ 160/160.

There is no pixelation whatsoever, and best of all unlike the HD7 there is no ghosting of scrolling white text on black background :cool:

tiny17

Sep 2, 2009
Please post pictures and video!

Also, if you could take some pictures and video with the camera, that would be great.

Use youtube, and imgur.com to host the video and images respectively.

Thanks!

bhogal

Oct 29, 2008
Please post pictures and video!

Also, if you could take some pictures and video with the camera, that would be great.

Use youtube, and imgur.com to host the video and images respectively.

Thanks!

I will try to get some pics up later perhaps....

However, bigger and brighter news :):)

The Titan seems not to be using a microsd card for the internal storage, rather SAMSUNG flash memory.....

This again seems to show that this handset really is worthy of being a flagship device:cool:

vicious2500

Mar 13, 2011
The titan sounds sweeter as the days go by can't wait for it to land on ATT.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

iosub

Feb 16, 2006
Guys and Gals,

Great news !!

I have finally received my brand spanking new TITAN...

And I have been surprised already with the great increase in build quality of HTC, and not to forget that they have done wonders with that camera.

A couple of things they don't mention in the specs:

a. It now records in 720p with Stereo sound:)

b. Noise cancellation in phone calls, absolutely splendid call quality.

c. Despite HTC saying that Internet sharing was added by Microsoft too late, it is their in the settings and works very well :cool:

d. a SIM Toolkit app in settings to use with network provider SIM service options !

e. Samsung flash memory is used rather than a microsd card for the 16gb internal memory

For once I am actually genuinely happy with what HTC have produced

Any other info anybody would like let me know....

Hi How About sound quality of speakers?? like HD7?? or better?
wonders with that camera??? much better??
one more question, does it have HDMI output ?

Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

henry084

Dec 30, 2010
Karlsruhe, BW
Well, the first batch mostly does not have problem with LCD monitors, as it should be with S-LCD.

What I worry about is the later batches, which may use TFT instead, like those HD7/Trophy/Pro with 7389 preloaded. Those LCD monitors have a poor viewing angle, which show negative images at around 50'. You will also see the monitor is yellowish around the edges while the middle is white, which is annoying.

Once your first batch Titan/Radar get something wrong after few months (or a year) and they change the one with poor TFT, then you will be likely to cry.:(

Good luck!

bhogal

Oct 29, 2008
Well, the first batch mostly does not have problem with LCD monitors, as it should be with S-LCD.

What I worry about is the later batches, which may use TFT instead, like those HD7/Trophy/Pro with 7389 preloaded. Those LCD monitors have a poor viewing angle, which show negative images at around 50'. You will also see the monitor is yellowish around the edges while the middle is white, which is annoying.

Once your first batch Titan/Radar get something wrong after few months (or a year) and they change the one with poor TFT, then you will be likely to cry.:(

Good luck!

I'm sure I wont be doing any crying!

On a slightly more upbeat note, the following are WPBench test results:

CPU
SEQ 4.86`'5 L/s
PAR 5.55 `'5 L/s

DATA
BLOCK 5MB
MEM 22.02 MB/s
STOR 10.54 MB/s

GPU

henry084

Dec 30, 2010
Karlsruhe, BW

CPU
SEQ 4.86`'5 L/s
PAR 5.55 `'5 L/s

DATA
BLOCK 5MB
MEM 22.02 MB/s
STOR 10.54 MB/s

GPU
Performance is impressive, but the general user experience still on the screen, so the LCD panel does an important role here. (3.7" on TFT is barely acceptable, but 4.7" on TFT.........:( )

BTW, is your MEM/STOR mark for RAM only? How about the storage media (SDHC/NAND)?:)

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3

CPU
SEQ 4.86`'5 L/s
PAR 5.55 `'5 L/s

DATA
BLOCK 5MB
MEM 22.02 MB/s
STOR 10.54 MB/s

GPU

did the htc titan just outperform the i937 in 2 out of 3 tests?
CPU and Data? The only thing it didn't outperform it in was gpu which was 41 vs the titan 40...now that is interesting
snap some photos! let's see what the camera can do!

PG2G

Nov 7, 2010
did the htc titan just outperform the i937 in 2 out of 3 tests?
CPU and Data? The only thing it didn't outperform it in was gpu which was 41 vs the titan 40...now that is interesting
snap some photos! let's see what the camera can do!

1.5 GHz versus 1.4 GHz, everything else is equal. The HTC phones should be the fastest

Dragon Queen

Feb 8, 2009
Had any problems with the grip of death?, that might be on the titan?
And yes ATT get your rears in gear, I just hope they won't demand firstborn for payment.
Excited to see the pics it will take when you get them up bhogal.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Just got a beta radar 4g and I actually prefer it to the titan. The titan is nice but the build quality on the radar just feels superb. I wish they'd release something like the dvp except with a FFC, I'd be in love but for now I think I'm actually going to give the radar a few days. I wish I could add memory to it though :/...

Top Liked Posts