[GUIDE] AT&T Galaxy S II Unlock Steps

Search This thread

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
1. Root your GS2 with the method on this page
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1285894
2. Go to market and search for "Galaxy S Unlock", the author is "Helroz".
3. Run the app from step 2. Go to "Unlock SGSII" tab on the top of the screen.
4. Tap on the first item:"Step 1 Backup files...."
5. Tap on the second item:"Step 2 Change lock-bytes", and wait until your phone restarts.
6.Bingo, your phone is sim unlocked after the reboot.:D

jivy26

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 7, 2010
Google Pixel 7
1. Root your GS2 with the method on this page
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1285894
2. Go to market and search for "Galaxy S Unlock", the author is "Helroz".
3. Run the app from step 2. Go to "Unlock SGSII" tab on the top of the screen.
4. Tap on the first item:"Step 1 Backup files...."
5. Tap on the second item:"Step 2 Change lock-bytes", and wait until your phone restarts.
6.Bingo, your phone is sim unlocked after the reboot.:D

Went and confirmed it does actually work here is my screenshot showing it.

10611cp.png

Last edited:

travisryans

Feb 6, 2009
That's gotta be the easiest rooting instructions I've ever read! Helroz you are a god...

illmac

Feb 21, 2011
oh wow! THANK YOU FOR THIS! wooooooooooooooot!!

edit: how do you check if you're unlocked or not? (like the picture from above)

Last edited:

illmac

Feb 21, 2011
thanks dude! this couldn't have come at a better time! gonna be out of the country next week..sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

SkyDragon8

May 11, 2011
Houston
Did Not Work

Ok, I had my SGII rooted with the ClockworkMod.Tar thru Odin3 and SuperoneClick. I also OC using Odin3 with galaxysii_OC_V1.tar thru Odin3 again and install setcpu..

I ran this unlock, but it never reboot, so I manually rebooted and check using the dail pad (from post here), and it says that I'm still lock.. I try it a second time and it did not work either..

Any Help will be appricated.. Also, my back button also does not work anymore. My Home button now acts as a back button.. anyone have this problem??:mad:

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
Ok, I had my SGII rooted with the ClockworkMod.Tar thru Odin3 and SuperoneClick. I also OC using Odin3 with galaxysii_OC_V1.tar thru Odin3 again and install setcpu..

I ran this unlock, but it never reboot, so I manually rebooted and check using the dail pad (from post here), and it says that I'm still lock.. I try it a second time and it did not work either..

Any Help will be appricated.. Also, my back button also does not work anymore. My Home button now acts as a back button.. anyone have this problem??:mad:

First make sure your superuser is working. As far as I know, there is no kernel for At&t GS2 that supports OC. Am I out dated?:rolleyes:

SkyDragon8

May 11, 2011
Houston
First make sure your superuser is working. As far as I know, there is no kernel for At&t GS2 that supports OC. Am I out dated?:rolleyes:

Superuser is working I just check.. and now i have other problems. I now can not hear any sound nor the reciver of my call can hear my voice... the call goes thru but it's like everything is muted???

Top Liked Posts