Notification Concept for Windows Phone.. what do you guys think

Search This thread

the0ne

Jan 2, 2007
Melbourne
www.1800pocketpc.com
NC-590x407.jpg

Notification center is one place for all new events and updates, like call, mails, messages, social networks updates such as Facebook and Twitter and others.

Full info Notification center concept for Windows Phone

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Don't like the sense-esque weather or how busy it is as it'd muck up the UI but I like the concept, just too busy for metro.

hboos

Jul 19, 2009
Yup, a lot of these concepts don't take into account the amount of work the WP7 design team has put in to making the Metro UI uncluttered, simple and yet so stylish..

too busy and would look very out of place with the clean styling of the Metro UI

Aphasaic2002

Jun 30, 2011
Taiwan
I love it - looks great and functional too.

Yes Metro UI is uncluttered, but unfortunately that means lists of white text on a black background...again and again. It's easy to use but boring to look at - reminds me of an old DOS terminal!

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
NC-590x407.jpg

Notification center is one place for all new events and updates, like call, mails, messages, social networks updates such as Facebook and Twitter and others.

Full info Notification center concept for Windows Phone

Did you seriously just copy "Notification Center" from iOS 5 right down to the name?

In any case, it looks good. But I'm not sure Microsoft wants to go the down-swipe route. Maybe swipe right to a pane to the left of the start screen?

Or even an extra button on the start screen to go to a Notification Hub. The App list has Search, the Home Screen can have the notification button with a number inside the bubble. I think taht would be elegant and the most unintrusive way to add it in.

In the Hub you can have Notifications and Reminders, however if you have to go to the Notification Hub to get reminders you're already somewhat failed there :p The OS supports Tasks and To-Dos with half-screen notifications/reminders. There's no need for that pane, IMO.

I am sort of pissed that Microsoft didn't make toasts a rolling 3D box like Apple did in iOS, though... They really need to add a bit more 3D to the OS. It's way way too flat IMO. Almost painstakingly so.

Your Skype thing bought an issue to mind. Why doesn't the message hub in Mango have a graphic or text to tell you your online status? After all, the phone does not log you on automatically when you [re]boot it up.

The music playback controls there are thoroughly unnecessary since they're easily accessible by just pressing a volume key. Waste of space.

I actually think the bubble (Notifications for Start, Search for App list in same spot) would be a better solution than a gesture. Some apps take over that top area and I'm not sure how the phone will handle it when you have UI elements up there that need to be tapped or dragged.

Last edited:

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
Way to busy, Metro is an elegant yet minimalist UI. This concept looks like a breed between Android and Windows Mobile. With Nokia now contributing to the actual OS I believe the 3rd page concept found on Meego will/should make the jump (minus twitter and facebook since they're already in the People hub).

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

thanks guys ..

You guys might also like some of the other concepts we have done in the past

Skype , Paypal

Our entire Concept series for Windows Phone
I much prefer your other concepts ;)

Last edited:

finalzero

Dec 2, 2004
www.finalzero.com
I think you are missing the point.

Ignore the background and additional applications etc. The notifications themselves look great and an idea I was thinking about.

If you don't code this up, I will :D

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
I like the idea of a swipe down for a metro list of recent notifications though...that's a priceless idea and seems to flow properly within the windows 8 ecosystem :D

very wrong imo. A swipe down where? Lock screen? That's not very convenient, home screen? We swipe up and down to navigate the menu. The most viable option is a third table.

Top Liked Posts