Originally Posted by dorqus
"pm disable com.android.vending.updater" should stop the market from auto-updating on you (You need to do this from a terminal session (or via adb shell) and you need to be rooted.
Hi, have exactly the same problem and would like to use your suggested fix. Don't know anything about ADB programming and have just rooted my phone over the weekend. Could you pls provide the exact steps to get to "pm disable com.android.vending.updater"? Thank you.
Edit: have read multiple threads and have tried to put together the following steps below but I have no clue if they are correct and would like to seek advice.
1. with phone turned on normally (in Redux 1.2) and Market v3.1.5 uninstalled and rolled back to Market v2.3.3 and Force Closed
2. enable USB Debugging
3. disable Fastboot (how do you do this with Redux 1.2? I can't find a Fastboot toggle anywhere)
4. connect via USB cable
5. place in "Charge Only" mode (again I can't find this option with Redux 1.2. It only says USB connected and has the option to turn on/off USB storage. Before rooting there were 3 or 4 options provided - charge only, HTC sync, disk drive are what i remember)
6. from computer go to Start, type "cmd". I have set up my ADB pre-rooting, so I assume the next steps should be to type in:
7. "adb devices" <enter> and my device serial number appears
8. "adb shell <enter>
9. now I get a "#" sign (is this correct or should it be a "$" sign?)
10. from the thread comments above should I do the following?
11. type "su" <enter>
12. type "pm disable com.android.vending.updater" <enter>
13. close cmd window
14. unplug phone
15. turn off phone
16. turn on phone