[Request] Awesome Euro S II dialer mod

Search This thread

texas83

Jan 22, 2008
Dallas, TX
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I just renamed the original Phone and Contacts files to Phone.apk.bak and left them in there. Then I copied in the two replacement files, changed permissions, and stilllllll getting FCs! On Starbusrt v1.4. ?

12MaNy

Jun 7, 2010
Seattle
It does work with Gingerbread Roms.

When I try to port I keep getting: The system cannot find the file specified

I'm taking framework/app from the theme I want to port and putting them in the "old" folder, then I take framework/app from the ROM I want to port it to and put them in "new" folder. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I was thinking a bit more about this today, why it works for some and not others. The NoCIQ may have something to do with it, maybe? I am using the NoCIQ mod and the apk just FC on me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
I was thinking a bit more about this today, why it works for some and not others. The NoCIQ may have something to do with it, maybe? I am using the NoCIQ mod and the apk just FC on me.

I am using Starburst v1.4 with NoCIQ, once I move them out of system/app it automaticaly gives me FC every 10 seconds but I am able to move to system/app those 2 files, Contacts.apk and Phone.apk (the ones posted by user justwonder), once I do that then the FCs stop, I didnt reset the phone, Im also using the stock kernel, not that it matters. I did this with ES File Explorer set on Root. I hope you guys get it all sorted out, it is a nice dialer :)

Last edited:

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I am using Starburst v1.4 with NoCIQ, once I move them out of system/app it automaticaly gives me FC every 10 seconds but I am able to move to system/app those 2 files, Contacts.apk and Phone.apk (the ones posted by user justwonder), once I do that then the FCs stop, I didnt reset the phone, Im also using the stock kernel, not that it matters. I did this with ES File Explorer set on Root. I hope you guys get it all sorted out, it is a nice dialer :)

meh, did the same but with root expolorer. maybe my rom has something to do with it. I dont feel like switching, using AEMod version 3.1 I think the rom is on like Version 4 now, lol. The theme is overdone on new version thats why I am not updating it. Once CM7 drops I will never look back!!! It is good looking dialer though :)

KingOfThaJungle

Oct 4, 2011
New York, NY

When you say you're using the stock kernel, are you referring to the kernel included in Starburst v1.4? Or did you flash a stock kernel after flashing the Starburst ROM? Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

it works perfect...
Thanks

So did you use the Themeporter app from the Market to get these working or did you just download them for the link that you posted?...And how did you manage to find those particular apks:p theres like a hundreds of different ones to choose from, IDK how you found the ones on post# 119 to work lol..but thank you either way!

Last edited:

slick4mitch

Oct 11, 2009
Originally Posted by slick4mitch

When you say you're using the stock kernel, are you referring to the kernel included in Starburst v1.4? Or did you flash a stock kernel after flashing the Starburst ROM? Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!

After I flashed the rom I Odined the Stock Kernel but I doubt it has anything to do with it.

KingOfThaJungle

Oct 4, 2011
New York, NY

After I flashed the rom I Odined the Stock Kernel but I doubt it has anything to do with it.

I just wiped everything and reflashed the ROM and its still not working! Will try odining a stock kernel and see if I have any luck with that, that for the feedback!

Apr 11, 2010
I posted the modded files for StarBurst 1.5. Tested and working great.
Somebody can make a flashable zip if they want to.
Make sure you haven't applied any other mods to Starburst 1.5.

Credit goes to the original creator of the files.

Attachments

• Contacts.apk
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • Phone.apk
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
  • framework-res.apk
    5.2 MB · Views: 33
  • twframework-res.apk
    509.2 KB · Views: 30

KingOfThaJungle

Oct 4, 2011
New York, NY
I posted the modded files for StarBurst 1.5. Tested and working great.
Somebody can make a flashable zip if they want to.
Make sure you haven't applied any other mods to Starburst 1.5.

Credit goes to the original creator of the files.

Sweet! So just to be sure, you copy these apks to the /system/app folder and replace the existing apks, and then afterwards set the permission and that should be it?...and also, previously, people were posting all they had to replace were contacts and phones, so are the tw-framework and framework-res now required for Starburst v1.5 in order for it to work?

Apr 11, 2010
Sweet! So just to be sure, you copy these apks to the /system/app folder and replace the existing apks, and then afterwards set the permission and that should be it?...and also, previously, people were posting all they had to replace were contacts and phones, so are the tw-framework and framework-res now required for Starburst v1.5 in order for it to work?

Yes, just push phone.apk and contacts.apk to system/app and framework-res.apk and tw-framework.apk to system/framework and then reboot

the two framework files aren't needed but without them you won't have the matching tabs just the stock ones.

Reactions: KingOfThaJungle

lokko21

Jun 4, 2010
Chihuahua
Awesome work, I really love it. Do you think you can theme the green call button please, the rest its just beautiful.

Sent from my Super Amoled Epic Touch....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318223006457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318223006457.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 83

bdf

Jan 26, 2009
Will this work on Midnight Rom 2.1 with the Z-Max 1.6 OC Kernel?

jake

Sep 29, 2011
Will this work on Midnight Rom 2.1 with the Z-Max 1.6 OC Kernel?

I have done this on several different ROMs / ver .. but for some reason running midnight 2.1 , i then copied the the tw-res / framework file i did not have enough time to set permissions and quickly got pummeled with FCs. Any help appreciated!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts