Welcome to the FAQ Thread.
There are many questions being asked about various aspects of wp7, how do you do this, how do you do that.
For the majority of these questions, there are answers.
This thread is dedicated to provide answers to those questions that are repeatedly asked, but in an ever growing forum are "difficult" to find.
This thread will be regularly updated to provide a "one stop shop" for all your niggles.
Before you create a new thread, please read Mskips guide HERE and read this thread.
Many thanks for helping to keep this forum tidy and uncluttered.
XDA Moderating Team.
- Q - My WP7 Leo tells me there is an update available, can i update? & Update is not successful, why?
- A - What you have to ask yourself is, "what type of phone do i have?" which of course the answer is an HD2. Now obviously your device has been reg tweaked to think that it is an HD7, so why would the update work? - To put it bluntly, no the update will not work for your HD2.
- Q - How do i install WP7 and get it working, im coming from Android or winmo6.5?
- A - Look at the sticky guide by mskips, link above, please dont ask or open a new thread, all the info is found above.
- Q - How do i activate live services?
- A - Look here for a good guide
- Q - What number do i call for Microsoft to get activation code?
- A - Most are listed here or use skype, see here
- Q - How can i prevent my HD2 from relocking?
- A - Try this guide >> UPDATE: Flash a NoDo rom (thanks guys)
- Q - My alarm volume is too loud, but i cant find how to reduce it?
- A - Change this reg key : HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Alarm\InitVol = 50 (currently set at 100 %)
- Q - How do i reduce the UI sound level, its still very high when volume is set low?
- A - Change this reg key : HKCU/ControlPanel/Volume/MaxdBatten from 45 to 100
- A - You can also change this key : HKCU/ControlPanel/Volume/MaxSystemUIvolume from 30 to 20 (this sets max volume to 20 not 30)
- Q - How do i increase the in call volume, its set to max (10) but is still too quiet?
- A - Change this reg key : HKCU/ControlPanel/Volume/MaxinCallUIVolume from 10 to 15 (15 is loud enough for me, be careful going much higher)
- Q - How can i make simple changes to the registry as above?
- A - There are several reg editors out there for example this one or this one - Thanks guys
- Q - How do I remove WP7 and get back to android?
- A - Reboot device and enter magldr. Select opt 5 (usb flasher) and flash your desired nandroid rom. You will to reformat your sd card. Follow the very good guides in the android forum. For flashing to 6.5, enter bootloader and flash a stock rom (again you will need to format your card).
- Q - The stock camera is shocking and quality is low, what can i do?
- A - Try this app out - thanks Sergey_H
- Q - Alarm Clock too loud (and scare the [email protected] out you as it did me)?
- A - HKCU/ControlPanel/Sound Categories/Alarm/initVol - and change figure from 100 to 75 (or what ever you like but 75 is good)
- Q- Green tint whilst taking photos at night?
- A - try these settings on camera (switch back to auto for day shots) - SCENES - candlelight & FLASH - auto