[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Fascinate :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Samsung Fascinate, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Fascinate
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 1efa15dde80c263d630f9ed8276cabf2​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

*Luke*

Nov 21, 2010
6b05f907-8979-0e11.jpg

HOLY SH*T!! I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... lol

CM7 7.1.0, JT 9/28 [OC-1300, no UV - cfq/ondemand], supercharged, adrenaline VXXX SC.

Edit: I'm hitting around 3800 consistantly... I know quadrant isn't a crazy accurate benchmark or anything, but DAMN! =D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: aidman

mrodsunshine

Oct 11, 2010
i toyed around with this earlier today. Everything was fantastic. GPS locked in seconds, phone was fast, data/wifi worked, camera worked. The only exception is that I could not receive any incoming sms/mms. It was not until i did a factory reset did I receive my sms/mms. This was, of course, after i did *228 activation. Can anyone who is familiar with the nightlies possibly shed some light on my issue?

saps

Sep 17, 2010
I jumped on this this morning, came from VGB with Glitch. Very smooth and stable. Im seeing better battery life from jt's kernel despite not UVing quite as much as I did with Glitch. I'm sure I'll try it with Glitch eventually but as is its a terrific package as is. Fantastic work by jt and the CM crew

jdedeaux

May 23, 2008
downloaded this, rebooted into recovery. wiped data/factory , cache, installed this zip, but get a bunch of prop errors before it takes off, aborts install.

comfing from powerwash via odin

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
downloaded this, rebooted into recovery. wiped data/factory , cache, installed this zip, but get a bunch of prop errors before it takes off, aborts install.

comfing from powerwash via odin

I had to odin back to stock ed05 w/ pit and boot once
power off odin cwmall. tar
threefinger into recovery and flash su2.3.x root file then reboot
power off odin cwm4
three finger into recovery and flash cm7.1.0 zip
any other way would not work correctly for me. The phone must be rooted before you flash cm7.

AtropineNa

Oct 11, 2010
what kind of kernel does this use? OC? UV? Voodoo? Sorry just trying to understand! Pictures anyone? woohooo going to flash this!

sam.assad

Jun 11, 2011
screen shots

i did install this rom its soooooooo fast and smooth , zero lag ..one thing hapened 1st time i turn storage on it ask me to format the sd which i didnt i change the usb port couples of time and it work :confused:
other than that it all good

SteveC485

Jul 19, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR
Does CM 7 do away with the idiot media scanner, or is this just a basic fact of life with the Fascinate? Thinking I may try this. Also, which Clockwork Mod is needed?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Samsung Fascinate, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Fascinate
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 1efa15dde80c263d630f9ed8276cabf2​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    stable does mean perfect. nightlies means "okay".

and I'll be genuinely thankful when I have mms working. I've been superficially thankful for a year too long.

I know it's not Cynogen's fault, i'm not pointing fingers at devs. I'm just thinking, WHY DID I GET THIS FASCINATE AND INHERIT THIS ****

Stfu and stop whining like a petulant child. Nobody cares.

Oh nice, an official post from the Cyanogenmod crew. :D
    Thought this was a stable version? Hah! What a joke! It has more problems than a nightly release.

Back to Miui. At least they don't ----with my damn data. CM7 has gone downhill lately. Your not releasing anything close to the greatness of your first couple of releases.

Next time we'll make sure to get your opinion and advice before making decisions. Obviously you know more than we do.

CM7 has gone downhill lately. Your not releasing anything close to the greatness of your first couple of releases.

Pay my bills, and I'll pretend to care what your opinion is. ----- .
    stable does mean perfect. nightlies means "okay".

and I'll be genuinely thankful when I have mms working. I've been superficially thankful for a year too long.

I know it's not Cynogen's fault, i'm not pointing fingers at devs. I'm just thinking, WHY DID I GET THIS FASCINATE AND INHERIT THIS ****

no, you are 100% wrong about this.
    stable means "this won't blow up your phone and should *probably* be ok for most daily usage."
    nightly means "this can possibly blow up your phone, not our fault if it does"