Gingerbread XDAndroid

Search This thread

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
for me keyboard and gsensor is not fixed ;/ 3D driver i dont known how test it

I did have problems with keyboard on the new system but I thought it's a user error. G sensor works like it should. Tested even with some bubble level app. To test 3D you need to launch any 3D game or benchmarking app. Except Neocore - it's not working properly.
Did you remove data.img? Sometimes you need to start with a clean system. Also remember to update rootfs.

warfae

Oct 26, 2010
i have started with clean system without old data.img with updated rootfs and modules
i have tested g sensor with bubble level app to but still no work;/
at Neocore i have 29,7 fps but when i want play angry birds sometime it slow down usualy when i shoot or look at pigs

hrk7474

Feb 2, 2011
I did have problems with keyboard on the new system but I thought it's a user error. G sensor works like it should. Tested even with some bubble level app. To test 3D you need to launch any 3D game or benchmarking app. Except Neocore - it's not working properly.
Did you remove data.img? Sometimes you need to start with a clean system. Also remember to update rootfs.

Booting into GBX04 works fine. I'm using 1255 kernel because of audio-stutter with others (yes the 1262 also).
Wifi ok, 3G ok, 2D speed unbelievable. ;)
Quadrant Standard benchmark runs the 3D tests at about 12fps.
G-sensor, screen won't rotate. Well, if i try to start Angry Birds, it says force close and leaves my screen in landscape mode. I have to go to lock screen or load Zeam to get it into portrait mode again.

Don't know if this helps. Really enjoying this build already.

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
I was wondering for the same thing, that's why i said "instead of what..", well i think he has in mind 6.5. Also I think that 6.5 wont change anything, but that's pointless post, so... forget it xD :D

SmokeMasta

Jan 12, 2004
roogle.eu
with system-gingerbread-testing-20110227.zip angry birds crashes once you enter a map(dont know if this means that the 3d doesnt or does work but birds doesnt work :) )

keyboard still doesnt work ..
havent tested the Gsensor yet (eventough i noticed there is no tilt when i turn the device)

also it seems like the other android versions that wifi makes the device realy hot and then it crashes witch is the only unstablity i noticed so far on all the xdandroid versions.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2010
Better Keyboard 8 (get it free at Android Market)

1st activate the "Japanese IME" in the input method just to type for your google account and get you to android market & install the "Better Keyboard 8" for free.. enjoy...

CEENTURION

Jan 4, 2008
New version of testing Gingerbread come out.

southcape.org/2011/03/11/new-gingerbread-testing-image-available

I tested it but frozes sometimes when wifi activated.

Camera works properly, but camcorder don´t.

Bluetooth not working.

Keyboard not working, but no problem after installed Better keyboard 8.

meonline1

Mar 9, 2011
Cupertino
Hi, I'll give you a simple HOWTO :) :

1. Download this.
2. Extract the contents of the archive to the root of your FRESH FAT32
formatted microSD, excepting the system.ext2
(if it's SDHC(larger than 2-4GB), microSD shouldn't be class 6 and higher)
3. Download this.
4. Extract the system.ext2 to the root of the microSD
5. Run HaRET.exe and have fun!! :)

Edit: if the andro does not boot successfully, try to use the latest modules and rootfs
if you don't know how to do it, just--\/
If you have any specific problems, PM me!

Best regards, FLeX!
Isn't this the same as GBX0A?

meonline1

Mar 9, 2011
Cupertino
Black screen issue (applies to Blackstone users)

If you are having an issue where you calibrate your screen and then the screen becomes black, there are two things you can do to make it load:

1. Use this "haret.exe," this "ts-calibration," and this "startup.txt" and use the latest rootfs, zImage, and modules. The rootfs and the zImage will have random numbers and letters after it, so just copy it to your sd card and rename it to rootfs.img and zImage. Load haret.exe.

2. If it still shows a black screen, open the back of your device and use the stylus and poke the "reset" button (it will be red, and next to the microSD card slot. Run haret.exe again. You shouldn't have any problems. These instructions are designed for nasko_spasko's instructions. Find his instructions here.

TIP: Wait for about 10 minutes, and it will be much faster. Do not start using it as soon as you get it on your phone.

Thanks to nasko_spasko!

Last edited:

coolbuddy1321

Dec 27, 2010
Raipur
i have one problem

i have android 2.3.1 MDJ Gingerbread v1.0 RC5

when i connect my ph. with USB it just get charge but does not show any Icon on the left top corner of notification bar...
and so i can turn my ph to mass storage through USB

any Idea??

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
i have one problem

i have android 2.3.1 MDJ Gingerbread v1.0 RC5

when i connect my ph. with USB it just get charge but does not show any Icon on the left top corner of notification bar...
and so i can turn my ph to mass storage through USB

any Idea??

There's a newer build -

GBX0A

Which is also outdated, just not as outdated as this build :p.

With that said, USB Mass Storage won't work unless you partition the card, which is unsupported on XDAndroid builds... It's a lot of work for very little reward.

However, if you're on Windows, the application Droid Explorer will "fake" USB Mass Storage pretty well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already tried Gingerbread. It looks nice and works quite smooth but it's not yet ready for daily use. Other than issues posted on stinebd's blog I've also couldn't get default keyboard to work, had problems with wifi (but could be user error) and neocore wouldn't run properly.

Remember to backup your SD card before using this because it needs to be tested on clean install.

BTW. I really like the UI overhaul Google did in 2.3 =)
    Gr8 speed... but i dont have on-screen keyboard,some times the notification led is still on :D
    I will post more results later
    Sorry for bad english

The missing on-screen keyboard is a known issue. Actualy it's not completely missing i can press b, n, v, etc.
    The LED is on when you start haret with plugged charger. ;)
    Hi, guys!

Did you tested the Gallery3DFroyo ??
    I did! It runs great, in 2.2 & 2.1 its very, very slow...
    on that 2.3 it flies!! :D

Take a look at my video on youtube!

Edit: If somebody wants to test it, download the attached file..
    Same for my :)
    But i have problem when the display dims...and i can't wake up the phone from stand by:( Power button,volume up/down etc didn't respond

EDIT:Angry Birds Valentine working,lag like hell,but no problem for me.... :D
    Sorry for bad english.

Try with another rootfs(for the wakeup problem), backup and delete data.img, if
    you can't see changes
    and always use the latest kernel and rootfs.
    I have no any problems, excepting the known issues, and bug-s. :)

rootfs
    Kernel+Drivers (modules)
    Guys could you please tell me how can I get Gingerbread into my Blackstone? I'm a bit lame in this way, or just send me some link so I can follow steps there. :)

Hi, I'll give you a simple HOWTO :) :

1. Download this.
    2. Extract the contents of the archive to the root of your FRESH FAT32
    formatted microSD, excepting the system.ext2
    (if it's SDHC(larger than 2-4GB), microSD shouldn't be class 6 and higher)
    3. Download this.
    4. Extract the system.ext2 to the root of the microSD
    5. Run HaRET.exe and have fun!! :)

Edit: if the andro does not boot successfully, try to use the latest modules and rootfs
    if you don't know how to do it, just--\/
    If you have any specific problems, PM me!

Best regards, FLeX!