What do you think of the T-mobile SGS II?

Search This thread

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting this phone tomorrow so I just wanted to start a thread to see what people think about this phone. Don't need quadrant scores or anything like that. Just what do you guys think of that phone after a day of using it? Thanks guys!

CadioXIII

Apr 13, 2011
Deerfield Beach FL.
Were to start....

The phone is just Beast. Responsive, smooth, powerful, clear, beautiful ect. ect. ect.

I haven't tested the Amaze but i have read up on it, the "cons" that i have read other people say about this phone compared to it seem to be pretty quickly decided and kinda biased (my own opinion please don't beat me for that) in any case I didn't sleep much due to my phone (mostly trying to stay awake to kill the battery to so i can give it its full charge) but i'm not disappointing with the SGS II at all.

I also have the SGS 4g, and when i got that phone i was thrilled, development for the phone was well under way by the time i got it. and i personally think the SGS II is a perfect successor.

As for the specifics, you can find all the info elsewhere

Reactions: xFugitive

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Hey guys, I'm planning on getting this phone tomorrow so I just wanted to start a thread to see what people think about this phone. Don't need quadrant scores or anything like that. Just what do you guys think of that phone after a day of using it? Thanks guys!

there are many video reviews on tmonews and mobilesyrup

you can see them by yourself and judge, or better yet, go to any tmo store and try it out yourself

shorty87

Jun 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I bought the phone yesterday and am loving it. At first I didn't like the resolution since I'm coming from a Sensation which has an amazing resolution. But the larger smoother screen on the Galaxy S2 is pretty damn nice. The phone is blazing fast and typing on this is so much better than on the Sensation. Swype responds quickly and I'm just loving the smooth feel of the screen.

The only issues for me are that there is no WiFi Calling yet and the resolution. But I can get used to the resolution and WiFi Calling should come sometime soon.

T

The_Biz

Its the 1st phone I've loved since the Nokia n70 days. And that's a long time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
Problem solved. This phone is freakin awesome.

I posted earlier about the audio problem but it looks like I needed to format my SD card before I moved it from one phone to another.

Last edited:

Jorge18

Aug 6, 2006
Simply put, the phone is incredible.

Go into it with reasonable expectations and you'll love it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

shorty87

Jun 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Gotta add one more amazing thing about this beast. The data speeds are way better than any other phone I've ever used. The Sensation would give me about 7-8 Mbps max. I've already hit up to 13 Mbps on GS2.

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
Gotta add one more amazing thing about this beast. The data speeds are way better than any other phone I've ever used. The Sensation would give me about 7-8 Mbps max. I've already hit up to 13 Mbps on GS2.

I'm running at a steady 13mb and my YouTube and web browsing is lightning fast. My YouTube plays instantly and buffers extremely better than I've seen with other phones.

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
well i play with it in store did a testmy.net and i can tell it will lap my tmobile G2 atleast 3 times on the network department, as far as speed goes, i try everything to slow it down but its just keep trucking...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Were to start....

The phone is just Beast. Responsive, smooth, powerful, clear, beautiful ect. ect. ect.

I haven't tested the Amaze but i have read up on it, the "cons" that i have read other people say about this phone compared to it seem to be pretty quickly decided and kinda biased (my own opinion please don't beat me for that) in any case I didn't sleep much due to my phone (mostly trying to stay awake to kill the battery to so i can give it its full charge) but i'm not disappointing with the SGS II at all.

I also have the SGS 4g, and when i got that phone i was thrilled, development for the phone was well under way by the time i got it. and i personally think the SGS II is a perfect successor.

As for the specifics, you can find all the info elsewhere