[APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

Search This thread

doumer

Jun 7, 2010
Stuttgart
will this also restore the market link, when i restore an app from an nandroid-backup? if yes, i really gonna buy this.

[Jules]

Nov 10, 2010
I can't get this app to restore anything at all.
Have created a nandroid backup with CWM5. Did a complete wipe, then installed CM7.1.0.
The 'restore sms/mms' function says it has restored the messages after about one second of work (seems rather fast), but not a single message is restored.
The 'restore apps/data' function searches the backup images for about two seconds, and then simply stops. No error message, no crash, no restore.
Only thing logcat shows is: D/su ( 1190): 10063 com.handyandy.appextractor executing 0 /system/bin/sh using shell /system/bin/sh : sh

The smsmmsrestore.log reads: 1
The datarestorecomplete.log reads: 111
The busybox.log reads: 1
The imgdump directory is empty

Also tried to restore sms/mms from a CWM3 backup, but again not a single message was restored.

Last edited:

beartiger

Nov 20, 2004
London
Great idea Andy, but a slight issue. I select Restore Apps / Data, am prompted to choose one of my CWM Recovery backups (5.0.2.0) and then the app scans the backup, but then it stops and I never get the list of apps to choose any to restore.

Not sure what logs you may want to diagnose but let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
Great idea Andy, but a slight issue. I select Restore Apps / Data, am prompted to choose one of my CWM Recovery backups (5.0.2.0) and then the app scans the backup, but then it stops and I never get the list of apps to choose any to restore.

Not sure what logs you may want to diagnose but let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Does this happen for all of your backups or just this particular one?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

[Jules]

Nov 10, 2010
The logfiles in /sdcard/appextractor/ only contain one or more '1' characters.
Not sure if it is supposed to contain just that, but it appears not very helpful in determining what's going wrong.
Neither apps restore nor sms restore works. There's no list of apps to restore for either a CWM3 backup or a CWM5 backup.
The sms restore gives the impression that it's working, but it doesn't restore any message.
There's nothing useful in logcat and nothing useful in the logfiles on the sdcard.
Is there a way to get a more verbose log?

Futurian

Jan 19, 2007
Great concept! Other app backup/restores never seem to be reliable for me, this should be a worthwhile approach! :)

ROM Before : InsertCoin 1.6.1
Rom After : BulletProof MIUI 1.10.7

Attempted Apps:-
*EBay : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) not Restored
*MyTeeMob : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) not Restored
*Spark 360 : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) Restored OK, Permission Fix Required
*Tagged : App Restored OK, Data (Credentials) not Restored
*tinyCam Monitor Pro : App Restored OK, Data (Cameras/Credentials) not Restored.

Market links populated as expected. :D If possible, I think it's important that phone can keep itself awake during the restore procedure.. I am willing to accept that data won't restore for some apps, when they've got a login requirement it's not normally a big deal.

Would it be possible to include apps that I installed from "Unknown Sources"? I noticed that these don't seem to be appearing in the list of apps to choose from.

Thank you for sharing, great to see it in the Market! :D

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
It works on my SGS 2 if I switch on USB debugging option in Application / Development. Very nice. Will now buy it :). Thank you.

hccssn

Nov 25, 2010
If I restore both the app and data, it works. If I try to restore just data, it is not restored.

+1 I tried to restore a backup, because I reinstalled my ROM and I have this bug too. If I try to restore only DATA without APK files, It seems to restoring, and write, that the restore was successfull, but the data are missing.

If I treid to restore DATA+APK the was everything OK

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
+1 I tried to restore a backup, because I reinstalled my ROM and I have this bug too. If I try to restore only DATA without APK files, It seems to restoring, and write, that the restore was successfull, but the data are missing.

If I treid to restore DATA+APK the was everything OK

Thanks for the feedback! I will look into this when I get off from work... Damn day job! ;)

MrAce

Sep 15, 2005
Observations

I am getting the following:

If I try to restore SMS/MMS it appears to work but doesn't - 'No messages'
If I try to restore Apps / Data with an old backup (Aug 11) scans , shows apps while scanning, then shows list of apps to choose from. If I choose a recent backup process starts but dialog doesn't show any apps and then goes back to main screen (no list)

Hope this helps

HTC Sensation CdTDroiD S3N5EaY v1.7.0 XE Android 2.3.5
CWM 5.0.2.0

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
I just published v1.2 to the Market. It contains some bug fixes and allows you to restore your Wifi settings... I plan on tidying things up more so please keep providing me with any issues that you may have with your device.

awjones

Sep 22, 2010
I am getting the following:

If I try to restore SMS/MMS it appears to work but doesn't - 'No messages'
If I try to restore Apps / Data with an old backup (Aug 11) scans , shows apps while scanning, then shows list of apps to choose from. If I choose a recent backup process starts but dialog doesn't show any apps and then goes back to main screen (no list)

Hope this helps

HTC Sensation CdTDroiD S3N5EaY v1.7.0 XE Android 2.3.5
CWM 5.0.2.0

Did you reboot your phone to see if your messages appear? Also, are there any messages in the backup you are restoring from?

I pushed v1. 2 to the Market... Can you tell me if this fixes anything for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been working on an app called AppExtractor. It's meant to be a companion app to ROM Manager in that it allows you to restore individual apps, data, SMS / MMS messages, Contacts / Call Logs, and Wifi Settings from your ROM Manager backups.

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handyandy.appextractor

For those who cannot install from the Market, I have included the APK in this post.

Please let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

ss-480-0-0

ss-480-1-0

ss-480-2-0

ss-480-3-0
    This app works great and is really helpfull, but whenever i restore some apps they wont show up in my market. I know, this is not an app-related bug, but i still want to recieve update notifications for my apps. Is there a way to import them into my market?

Thanks for your help!

Titanium Backup app:
    Menu> Market Tools > Market Doctor.

Sent from ICS Cappy!
    Does app extractor work similar to titanium backup? Or does it work in an entirely different way?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

AppExtractor will let you extract and restore apps / data from your Nandroid backups. Instead of making a separate app/data backup, you can just use a Nandroid backup to restore from. I believe Titanium Backup Pro has this functionality now as well.

I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.
    Seems to be working for me, thought I haven't restored anything actually. But both my backups are visible and the app give the list of application all right.