Ice Cream Sandwich Event Announced officially

Search This thread

febycv

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 14, 2011
Michigan
ics_event.jpg

This is the invitation received to the “First-to-knowers” around the world.

The Google Samsung event originally planned for Oct. 11 was postponed, as we know, in respect to the passing of Steve Jobs.

Finally we got an official date of Oct. 19th in Hong Kong. This is without a doubt the unveiling of Ice Cream Sandwich.

The event begins at 10:00 AM in Hong Kong, so if you’re here in the US like I am, tune your browser to the Android Channel in Youtube at 10PM EST on Oct 18th for the live broadcast.

Who’s ready???? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited:

XDA_Lols

Sep 27, 2011
Mumbai
YEAH!!!

I hope there is a upgrade for sgsl i9003...
Cause upgrades for these android phone comes very late and slow...:(

cerealfreak

Oct 11, 2009
Whoop, can't wait for a great ice cream rom cooks away :) Does anyone know if it's true they've worked out a way to get the mini usb port to work like the crapple apple connector dock. If it is I'm ecstaticcly waiting for the many third party docks, that will make my Samsung Galaxy SII bloom

sigma20xx

Mar 23, 2010
How come no one has stolen one of those statues yet? lol. There has got to be some serous apple cultisit/fanatics running around willing to do it.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Man thank goodness we did not have to wait a whole month more. I am really ready to see just what ICS has to offer to make Android even better. Not to mention the sooner the release the sooner my HTC Sensation will get a upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS. I have seen videos and pics showing how ICS has taken and incorporated things found in Honeycomb for tablets into the OS for phones. I have also seen talk of the default browser possibly being Google Chrome or at least Google Chrome being available in a app for Android with ICS, which means we will finally have true tabbed web browsing capabilities One thing is for sure I am excited about ICS.

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
I can't wait. The music app looks and feels great, only dislike I have is the damn widget (album art, Google! There's a reason it exists, USE IT with the widget!). Plus I'm really looking forward to seeing what the devs do with it.

nory82688

Jan 8, 2011
South Jersey
I hope they don't take forever to bring this beast to T-Mobile. Even though I'm going to have to buy this badboy out right, no upgrade for me

Sent from my Sensation 4g using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ics_event.jpg

This is the invitation received to the “First-to-knowers” around the world.

The Google Samsung event originally planned for Oct. 11 was postponed, as we know, in respect to the passing of Steve Jobs.

Finally we got an official date of Oct. 19th in Hong Kong. This is without a doubt the unveiling of Ice Cream Sandwich.

The event begins at 10:00 AM in Hong Kong, so if you’re here in the US like I am, tune your browser to the Android Channel in Youtube at 10PM EST on Oct 18th for the live broadcast.

Who’s ready???? Let us know in the comments.