FORUMS

Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 145
 
By ajeet17181, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 01:12 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
10th October 2011, 07:21 PM |#111  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
ramdisk
ajeet17181, Can you help me with ramdisk? i attached ramdisk, on which i working now. there is one problem - telephone reboots android init not start, but system+data images mounts very well. can you fix this problem? i don't know how to fix it

/bin - busybox, e2fsck, dosfsck binaries, symlinks for busybox (such as sh, grep, etc ...), MAKEDEVS script (creates needed devices in /dev, for mounting sdcard and system+data from it).
/cpf - cyanogenmod ramdisk files, i builded it from source.
init - init script

in init script:
0) create tmpfs in /newroot
1) mount sdcard
2) makedir /newroot/data, find data.img, run fsck on it, mount it to /newroot/data
3) makedir /newroot/system, find system.img, run fsck on it, mount it to /newroot/system
4) create tmpfs in /newroot/dev, copy /dev/* to /newroot/dev
5) copy "cpf" directory contents to /newroot
6) switch root to /newroot and run /init from "/newroot"

steps 0-5 works very well (see file 12.txt on sdcard after boot with this ramdisk, this is "debug"), but point 6 is not working - device reboots

Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/T2RKQSVK56
In archive: compiled initrd and its sources (dir ss-ramdisk)

P.S Sorry for my very very very bad english.
P.P.S with your ramdisk and initrd, cyanogenmod works (now 3d\2d works, wifi scans access points, but cannot connect(i fix it tomorrow), lights), but this is bad solution, because it has many bugs (with permissions in /data and etc).
P.P.P.S if you interested in cm7 - i can upload my image
13th October 2011, 02:36 PM |#112  
Junior Member
Flag Hyrule
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I installed the 2.3.5 image to an SD card and successfully booted into Android on my LG IQ (GW825). However, I can't get passed the Google account sign in because the on screen keyboard calibration is off and the hardware keyboard doesn't work.

The hardware keyboard is acting oddly because many keys don't do anything. Some keys will work, but they produce a different character than they should.

The on screen keyboard works fine for anything in the middle of the screen, but as you move out to the left or right, it gets more and more off track. For example, it's impossible for me to type any of the letters on the outside edges of the keyboard. Even if I touch my screen at the very edge of the screen, it still produces an 'S' instead of an 'A'. This makes it impossible for me to log in, so this is as far as I've been able to get in Android so far.

The way the on screen keyboard behaves appears as if the OS thinks my screen is much larger than it actually is. This makes sense because it says "Welcome to Nexus One" when it first boots, and the Nexus One had a 3.7" screen and the IQ has a 3.2" screen. Is there any way to tell the OS what size the screen is?
14th October 2011, 06:33 PM |#113  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_man

I installed the 2.3.5 image to an SD card and successfully booted into Android on my LG IQ (GW825). However, I can't get passed the Google account sign in because the on screen keyboard calibration is off and the hardware keyboard doesn't work.

The hardware keyboard is acting oddly because many keys don't do anything. Some keys will work, but they produce a different character than they should.

The on screen keyboard works fine for anything in the middle of the screen, but as you move out to the left or right, it gets more and more off track. For example, it's impossible for me to type any of the letters on the outside edges of the keyboard. Even if I touch my screen at the very edge of the screen, it still produces an 'S' instead of an 'A'. This makes it impossible for me to log in, so this is as far as I've been able to get in Android so far.

The way the on screen keyboard behaves appears as if the OS thinks my screen is much larger than it actually is. This makes sense because it says "Welcome to Nexus One" when it first boots, and the Nexus One had a 3.7" screen and the IQ has a 3.2" screen. Is there any way to tell the OS what size the screen is?

for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
14th October 2011, 06:48 PM |#114  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.

i fixed my problems with ramdisk. Tomorrow i will upload a latest cyanogenmod 7.

WHAT WORKS?
- 3D
- Keypad: need to fix a powerbutton in a kernel, need to fix keyboard layout in a kernel (camera focus button, taskmanager button, XT9 button, Sym button)
- Wifi scans access points, but can not connect to they: little problem with DHCP (i resolving this now).
- Bluetooth
- Audio (not fully)
- USB Debug (usb storage dont work now)


ajeet17181, can fix powerbutton and kb layout in kernel? for powerbutton you can see new commits in tsunagi gitorious.

Original post in russian:
я решил проблемы с ramdisk. Завтра я загружу свежий cyanogenmod 7.

Что работает?
- 3D
- Клавиатура: необходимо исправить кнопку питания и изменить layout клавиатуры (кнопка фокуса камеры, кнопка диспетчера задач, кнопка XT9, Sym кнопка) в ядре
- Wifi: сканирует точки доступа, но не может к ним подключиться: небольшая проблема с DHCP (я сейчас работают над этим)
- Bluetooth
- Audio (не полностью)
- USB Debug (usb подключение не работает)

ajeet17181, ты можешь исправить кнопку питания и layout клавиатуры в ядре? для кнопки питания ты можешь посмотреть коммиты в gitorious tsunagi
14th October 2011, 08:01 PM |#115  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

i fixed my problems with ramdisk. Tomorrow i will upload a latest cyanogenmod 7.

WHAT WORKS?
- 3D
- Keypad: need to fix a powerbutton in a kernel, need to fix keyboard layout in a kernel (camera focus button, taskmanager button, XT9 button, Sym button)
- Wifi scans access points, but can not connect to they: little problem with DHCP (i resolving this now).
- Bluetooth
- Audio (not fully)
- USB Debug (usb storage dont work now)


ajeet17181, can fix powerbutton and kb layout in kernel? for powerbutton you can see new commits in tsunagi gitorious.

Original post in russian:
я решил проблемы с ramdisk. Завтра я загружу свежий cyanogenmod 7.

Что работает?
- 3D
- Клавиатура: необходимо исправить кнопку питания и изменить layout клавиатуры (кнопка фокуса камеры, кнопка диспетчера задач, кнопка XT9, Sym кнопка) в ядре
- Wifi: сканирует точки доступа, но не может к ним подключиться: небольшая проблема с DHCP (я сейчас работают над этим)
- Bluetooth
- Audio (не полностью)
- USB Debug (usb подключение не работает)

ajeet17181, ты можешь исправить кнопку питания и layout клавиатуры в ядре? для кнопки питания ты можешь посмотреть коммиты в gitorious tsunagi

keyboard layout fix will go in qwerty.kcm.bin and that is in software side not in kernel

for reference http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=458473

you have to replace fn values in the qwerty.kcm file

Power button fix will go in kernel side but i dont have any reference where pmic7540 power button is used maybe we have to see xperia x8 kernel code for that. In TG01 power button is GPIO but in Fathom Power button is controlled by KPD_PWR_N of PMIC7540
14th October 2011, 08:26 PM |#116  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

keyboard layout fix will go in qwerty.kcm.bin and that is in software side not in kernel

for reference http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=458473

you have to replace fn values in the qwerty.kcm file

i know about this file. but these buttons is a kernel side - KEY_UNKNOWN in pp2106 keycodes table.
14th October 2011, 08:37 PM |#117  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

i know about this file. but these buttons is a kernel side - KEY_UNKNOWN in pp2106 keycodes table.

That i will fix but for fn keys like . ? , if you modify qwery.kcm that will be great
15th October 2011, 05:23 AM |#118  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

That i will fix but for fn keys like . ? , if you modify qwery.kcm that will be great

i will modify this file, of course. i would like create a stable and usable cm7 image for us, because Windows Mobile is not good OS

And what about of display? Picture from screen is cropped by ~2-3mm from right. and from left i see displacement of the picture.
15th October 2011, 09:57 AM |#119  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

i will modify this file, of course. i would like create a stable and usable cm7 image for us, because Windows Mobile is not good OS

And what about of display? Picture from screen is cropped by ~2-3mm from right. and from left i see displacement of the picture.

Yes board-tsunagi-panel.c file need some modification. I have taken all panel related settings from registry even though this problem occurs. I will try to fix it.
15th October 2011, 11:19 AM |#120  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

Yes board-tsunagi-panel.c file need some modification. I have taken all panel related settings from registry even though this problem occurs. I will try to fix it.

GOOD NEWS:
1) i fixed wifi it is working now stable.
2) sd card mounting to computer works with "Multi Mount SD-Card". I know where is problem. I fix it in later

Questions:
1) How can i get all keycodes of qwerty buttons?
2) Can you say me, what sensors our board uses? Are they have support of kernel?
3) Please, change nvram path in kernel config to "/etc/wifi/nvram.txt" in future builds.

My pre-alpha build: link

Cyanogenmod 7.1.0.1

Issues in this build:
1. audio is not working (i fix it later, with sdcard "problem")
2. bluetooth dont send files (but receive good).
3. there are no livewallpapers (later.)
4. lights are not working, need to slightly.
5. nvram should be in /sdcard/nvram.txt

First boot is long, because ramdisk creates cache and data partitions. You can specify data_size and cache_size in startup.txt.
There is no "HTC" Logo in ramdisk.
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
15th October 2011, 08:32 PM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

GOOD NEWS:
1) i fixed wifi it is working now stable.
2) sd card mounting to computer works with "Multi Mount SD-Card". I know where is problem. I fix it in later

Questions:
1) How can i get all keycodes of qwerty buttons?
2) Can you say me, what sensors our board uses? Are they have support of kernel?
3) Please, change nvram path in kernel config to "/etc/wifi/nvram.txt" in future builds.

My pre-alpha build: link

Cyanogenmod 7.1.0.1

Issues in this build:
1. audio is not working (i fix it later, with sdcard "problem")
2. bluetooth dont send files (but receive good).
3. there are no livewallpapers (later.)
4. lights are not working, need to slightly.
5. nvram should be in /sdcard/nvram.txt

First boot is long, because ramdisk creates cache and data partitions. You can specify data_size and cache_size in startup.txt.
There is no "HTC" Logo in ramdisk.

Sensor is bma150 and kernel already has support for that you have to just specify in libsensor source file
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes