Installing widgetlocker themes

Search This thread
Hi, can anyone tell me how i am supposed to use a theme for widgetlocker at all please?

I downloaded 3 files (zip) and chose the option of install and add, but there is only my phone lock showing, no icons to choose from and no wallpaper that was supposed to come with it.

I have no idea where the file has saved to or anything, and well being new to all of this android stuff i m a bit confused....

thanks for any help you can give me.

kimikoloko

Aug 25, 2010
Hi, can anyone tell me how i am supposed to use a theme for widgetlocker at all please?

I downloaded 3 files (zip) and chose the option of install and add, but there is only my phone lock showing, no icons to choose from and no wallpaper that was supposed to come with it.

I have no idea where the file has saved to or anything, and well being new to all of this android stuff i m a bit confused....

Hello!! Extract the files on the zip y put the folder in sdcard/data/widgetlocker..

Regards

Concordium

Mar 17, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
No, you don't need to unzip those files. You just have to place those zip files in sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes

I'm having issues with my widgetlocker adding new themes. I've added themes before and they've worked fine but now it wont add any more. I've added the zip file, which has like 20 themes in it, into the location mentioned above. Then I go into widgetlocker and have the slider selection screen update the theme population. But it doesn't show any additional themes. What am I doing wrong?

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
I'm having issues with my widgetlocker adding new themes. I've added themes before and they've worked fine but now it wont add any more. I've added the zip file, which has like 20 themes in it, into the location mentioned above. Then I go into widgetlocker and have the slider selection screen update the theme population. But it doesn't show any additional themes. What am I doing wrong?

If you have several themes in a zip, then you'll have to extract them.

Sent from my GT-I9100

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Do I have to extract them and zip each one of them individually? Because I tried it extracted, with the actual folders for each theme in the correct directory, and still nothing happened.

Yeah, if the themes aren't in zip format, make a new zip (with Astro or something) and copy and paste the thenes inside. Widget Locker only loads up zip themes, but not themes within a zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Concordium

Mar 17, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
Yeah, if the themes aren't in zip format, make a new zip (with Astro or something) and copy and paste the thenes inside. Widget Locker only loads up zip themes, but not themes within a zip.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Ok so I took all of the themes out of the larger archive and zipped them each individually, making sure that each zip had just the folder and the theme files within. Still nothing. I have no clue why these files arent being read. :mad:

devlirian

Nov 9, 2009
jakarta

1.install widgetlocker.apk
2.extract yourtheme.zip to /sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes
3.open widgetlocker and hold screen
4.select a custom slider and select a theme that you want to use
5.Done

Last edited:

jeremykersh

May 16, 2012
riverside ca
1.install widgetlocker.apk
2.extract yourtheme.zip to /sdcard/data/com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker/themes
3.open widgetlocker and hold screen
4.select a custom slider and select a theme that you want to use
5.Done

You're not the only one having problems, i think everyone trying to help maybe misunderstanding the problem, or at least mine is different.

Once I have done the 1-5 I can choose a theme but the only thing that happens is that it adds an additional unlocker to my current setup, creating multiple unlock wigets.
There must be a setting somewhere that is not allowing the full theme to be applied.
for example if I install "droids on a wire" i get the unlock mechanism added to lockscreen (in additon to the one I allready had) but unthemed. It does not show the droids hanging just the base unlocker used in it; no background or anything other else in that theme. This happens on any theme I have tried to apply

what setting am I missing??

bowker678

Oct 1, 2012
Same here

You're not the only one having problems, i think everyone trying to help maybe misunderstanding the problem, or at least mine is different.

Once I have done the 1-5 I can choose a theme but the only thing that happens is that it adds an additional unlocker to my current setup, creating multiple unlock wigets.
There must be a setting somewhere that is not allowing the full theme to be applied.
for example if I install "droids on a wire" i get the unlock mechanism added to lockscreen (in additon to the one I allready had) but unthemed. It does not show the droids hanging just the base unlocker used in it; no background or anything other else in that theme. This happens on any theme I have tried to apply

what setting am I missing??

I think I am having the same problem, although some it loads fine on others it shows the name of the new theme but shows an old preview of a stock locker. Even when I add it it will not change?!?

Top Liked Posts