FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to configure VoIP/SIP client in WM6.

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By eluth, Member on 28th March 2007, 03:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2008, 08:22 AM |#1121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
iPAQ are sold with VOIP
The HTC touch has been released in June last year and it's still not possible to get voip on it working.

Will it ever be possible? Could it be also a hardware problem? Thinking about that, I was looking for another WM6 phone with VOIP to purchase. I don't want a Symbian.

I found 2 HP which are sold with native WM6 VOIP: HP iPAQ 514 Voice Messenger and HP iPAQ 600 Business Navigator (already available in France).
Do you know if there are more WM6 phones on the market carrying VOIP?

Could it be possible that this 2 HP phones are manufactured by HTC?
If yes, would it be possible to install the latest iPAQ 514 Voice Messenger ROM on an old HTC tornado (Qtek 8300/8310)?
Could someone help on this?
I found the ROM on this page:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=4014

Thanks

22nd January 2008, 11:22 AM |#1122  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Phone : Qtek 8310 (Tornado of course)
ROM : WM6 English 5.2.1616.18120 Standard v3.7 (FINAL!)
SIP provider : Free (france)

Everything is set up using Eluth way. (setup.xml, cab...)

SIP is working for incoming calls but not outgoing I have several questions that I need answers for . The VOIP setting is set up as "whenever available"

1) What is the the exact use of the "IP Phone" option in the comm manager ?

2) When I turn on the wifi the sip account connect but it say: "Freephonie.net : Searching"

But as you can see in the top the IP Phone symbol is active and I can actually receive call.
The symbol use to be like on this picture: http://www.freephonie.org/doku/_medi...an_accueil.jpg

3) When I try to make a phone call it says "cannot complete the call phone number may not be valid" I'm guessing that I'm not dialing it right.

Here is an example of a number I dial to call in France: 0123546543 (Fake it's for the example)
It should be dialed as 01133123546543

I tried several combinations like 33123546543 but I can't call.
I changed the "ipdialplan.xml" with a French file I found on some site, but it still doesn't work. I don't understand how this file works exactly.

4) When I turn off wifi and unplug the phone the "searching" changes to "available" but the phone icon doesn’t appear like on this picture : http://www.freephonie.org/doku/_medi...an_accueil.jpg
But it doesn't make any sense, since wifi is off and that I do not have internet access through GPRS or WAP. And when this happen I can't receive phone call on the SIP phone number when it's like that, I have to set the IP phone to "never" in order to use the GPRS normally.

I hope some people can help me 

Frem
23rd January 2008, 08:24 PM |#1123  

More
Hi,
I need to change the dialplan between "whenever available" and "never" programatically. Also on the fly. Any body knows ?
Maybe do i have to change that somewhere in the registry ?
24th January 2008, 01:03 AM |#1124  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
oook - well I FINALLY got voIP on WM6 working with my Gizmo account - well ALMOST have it working anyway.

Good news: I can call out
Good news: I can recieve calls.

Bad news: depending upon if I made or recieved the call - either I can't hear the other person or they can't hear me.

As I recall there was some talk about this? Supposed to install some audio codec or something if you have this problem? Does anyone know what codec I should be installing - and once it IS installed - do I have to go somewhere in the settings to tell the WM6 VoIP client to use these new codecs?

..the only other issue I have is that when I recieve an incomming call, it takes FOREVER for the 'incomming call' notification to go away. This sucks because it always on top of the dialer and preventing me from hitting the number pad. (for example, I want to press "1" to accept a call - but I can't because the 'incomming call notification' is in the way - kinda sucks cause I have to do that to use my grandcentral stuff!

So close - yet so far away...hahaha

Anyway - anyone of you guru's out here have some ideas for me to try?

Thanks!
24th January 2008, 02:04 AM |#1125  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Question Wierd VoIP problem
Hi all,
I have a HTC TyTN II from the Orange UK network. I have installed a ROM I cooked myself based on the HTC base rom in _Alex_'s kitchen and I added VoIP drivers into the ROM. Previously the VOIP worked really well with my voipcheap.co.uk account, however, I had to do a hard reset because of an error on my part and now I can't get it to work. When on Wi-Fi the call dials and the other person's phone rings, but as soon as they answer the Wi-Fi connection on the phone is reset and the call ended. It's a bit annoying because the call at the other end is not ended so the person I'm dialing answers and is met with silence. Also, even after the Wi-Fi connection has been re-established with the router I have to disable VoIP and re-enable it, via the today screen plugin, in order to get any Voipcheap service.
When using VoIP over 3G the connection appears to be unaffected but either the call is ended as soon as the person answers or there is no audio in any direction. With 3G I did manage to hear somebody say hello once before the call ended, but that's as good as I can get it.
Does anybody know what may be causing my problems?
Cheers,
andrew-in-woking
26th January 2008, 11:50 AM |#1126  

More
Mogul VoIP
I have a PPC-6800 ROM 2.16.651.0 09/03/07. I've loaded the WM6VoIP.CAB and SetupVoIP_v0.3.CAB. The phone registers with my Asterisk 1.4.16.2. When I make a call from the Mogul, the WiFi disconnects and an error message is displayed.

From reading this thread and several others, I believe that VoIP can be made to work, provided everything is configured properly. I think that the RTC 1.5 DLL files would also help.

My WM6 registry does not have a codec key: HKLM\Comm\RTC\ACM\G711
I have added ACM\GSM from a listing from this thread (that agrees with MS info).

From this behavior and reports of other having varying degrees of success, most likely my registry settings are not correct.

If you have a ACM\G711 registry branch, please provide a listing.
If you have working Asterisk configuration, please provide the following registry settings:
HKLM\Comm\RTC\codec\PreferredAudioCodec (mine has 8)
HKLM\Comm\RTC\codec\UsePreferredCodec (mine has 1)
HKLM\Comm\RTC\PreferredMediaTypes (mine has 3)
HKLM\System\VoIP\SIP\EnablePort5060 (mine has 1)

If you spot some other configuration information that you think I may have missed, please point it out.
26th January 2008, 12:34 PM |#1127  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorgeo

I have a PPC-6800 ROM 2.16.651.0 09/03/07. I've loaded the WM6VoIP.CAB and SetupVoIP_v0.3.CAB. The phone registers with my Asterisk 1.4.16.2. When I make a call from the Mogul, the WiFi disconnects and an error message is displayed.

From reading this thread and several others, I believe that VoIP can be made to work, provided everything is configured properly. I think that the RTC 1.5 DLL files would also help.

I have added ACM\GSM from a listing from this thread (that agrees with MS info).

From this behavior and reports of other having varying degrees of success, most likely my registry settings are not correct.

If you have a ACM\G711 registry branch, please provide a listing.
If you have working Asterisk configuration, please provide the following registry settings:
HKLM\Comm\RTC\codec\PreferredAudioCodec (mine has 8)
HKLM\Comm\RTC\codec\UsePreferredCodec (mine has 1)
HKLM\Comm\RTC\PreferredMediaTypes (mine has 3)
HKLM\System\VoIP\SIP\EnablePort5060 (mine has 1)

If you spot some other configuration information that you think I may have missed, please point it out.

Hello,
I have the same problem under 3g, it work well under wifi, do you have these 2 files GSM610 and G711.acm here : HKLM_Divers_Builtin , i don't know PreferredMediaTypes 3 is what mediatypes ???
I don't work with Asterik
26th January 2008, 01:33 PM |#1128  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanvi93

Hello,
I have the same problem under 3g, it work well under wifi, do you have these 2 files GSM610 and G711.acm here : HKLM_Divers_Builtin , i don't know PreferredMediaTypes 3 is what mediatypes ???
I don't work with Asterik

In HKLM\Drivers\Builtin; I have key branchs:
CODEC_GSM610\Dll STRING gsm610.acm
CODEC_GSM610\Flags DWORD 2
CODEC_GSM610\Order DWORD 0
CODEC_GSM610\Prefix STRING ACM
CODEC_MSG711\Dll STRING acmdwrap.dll
CODEC_MSG711\Order DWORD 0
CODEC_MSG711\Prefix STRING ACM
CODEC_MSG711\WrappedDll STRING msg711.dll

The gsm610.acm and acmdwrap.dll both exists in the \Windows directory.
(Man, I wish there were not so many files in the Windows directory!)
BTW: There is also a msg711.dll in the Windows directory.

These URLs defines some of the HKLM\Comm\RTC entries:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa923501.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa926591.aspx
This one the RTC\ACM:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa923501.aspx
The Windows 6R2 CE 2007 rollup is here (it may have the RTC 1.5, not sure):
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/embedded/aa731256.aspx

I have in the past loaded yet uninstalled other VoIP applications:
Skype, VoIPSurfer, and ptalk, so maybe some of the registry entries are left overs.

So far I have not tried any 3g, mine trials have so far all been with WiFi.
26th January 2008, 04:02 PM |#1129  

More
Thanks,
I am french so my English is not very well,
I have exactly the same values than you in codec 610-g711 and i don't understand why it work only with wifi but not 3g . I will look in the microsoft library by your URL .
26th January 2008, 04:21 PM |#1130  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanvi93

Thanks,
I am french so my English is not very well,
I have exactly the same values than you in codec 610-g711 and i don't understand why it work only with wifi but not 3g . I will look in the microsoft library by your URL .

I do not have a g711 registry branch entry under HKLM\Comm\RTC\ACM
I manually added one for GSM and have also tried the values provided by sleuth255 on page 87 of this thread.

Do you have HKLM\Comm\RTC\ACM\G711 in your registry?
If so, please list it and I will try it.

On your G3 problem, I would suggest obtaining network captures or SIP server logs in order to determine if your client is registering. If it is registering, is the codec negotiation working?
26th January 2008, 07:50 PM |#1131  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorgeo

I do not have a g711 registry branch entry under HKLM\Comm\RTC\ACM
I manually added one for GSM and have also tried the values provided by sleuth255 on page 87 of this thread.

Do you have HKLM\Comm\RTC\ACM\G711 in your registry?
If so, please list it and I will try it.

On your G3 problem, I would suggest obtaining network captures or SIP server logs in order to determine if your client is registering. If it is registering, is the codec negotiation working?

I have only gsm values, nothing on g711, i think you are right i have a problem with codec negociation under 3g
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)