[Q] Can't copy clockwork backups to PC

Search This thread

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
Any idea why I can't copy CMR backups to my PC? Weird..

I CAN copy, via MTP, everything else. The Clockwork BUs just gag MTP...permissions seem ok...good thing. Can't change them on SD card. Or so says the error...

Edit: It is the "system image" and "cache" files that are the maggot gaggers...I guess CMR won't let go of them. Doesn't matter which BU date I try. hmmm..

Last edited:

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
You connect to your PC without USB Debug on, and cant copy and paste to your desktop?\

Edit: What are you trying to do? Save a copy on your computer so you can make a fresh backup without taking up more space? Or trying to load the backup on another device?

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
You connect to your PC without USB Debug on, and cant copy and paste to your desktop?\

I can copy/paste everything except Clockwork Recovery backups. When I try to copy the CMR BUs, I get kicked out of MTP with an error to the effect of "a device attached to the system is not functioning"....then have to do the unplug/replug USB dance. USB debugging is off.

Edit: What are you trying to do? Save a copy on your computer so you can make a fresh backup without taking up more space? Or trying to load the backup on another device?

Freeing up space and making secondary backups to PC. Wireless transfers won't work either for CMR backups. Everything else WILL copy. Very odd.

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
I have the same problem,it is probably because one of the file is very big causing transfer fail. Do you have a cusom rom?

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
I have the same problem,it is probably because one of the file is very big causing transfer fail. Do you have a cusom rom?

Big should not be an issue. I can copy other comparatively large files. Custom ROM yes...and custom recovery....

@Szadzik: Can you copy Recovery backups to your PC?

..thanks!

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
much obliged!! u

I just copied the 519MB system.img file to my computer.

Most interesting. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

I've concluded that there must be something in my clockwork recovery that is not letting go of the file. When I get back to my pc I will connect again to try a new clockwork recovery.

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
Done..

Looks like the the modded CMR that I had flashed when installing Overcomes's ROM was the culprit. At least I think it had something to do with it. Was able to copy/paste/move correctly when I installed the "stock" CMR...all is well.

Now, to get this tab back to Sammy "stock" and get it back to Amazon (Newton's Rings")...gotta luv Amazon...shipped a replacement next-day...In the meantime, I'm going to do some stock vs. rooted experiments of my own...;)
thanks, gang!

..sk

Top Liked Posts