How to use THE FAST! BlueStack as your alternate Android development emulator

Search This thread
Nov 21, 2007
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
You can do this VERY EASY! but I'll recommend that you first install Launcher Pro or ADW (you can sync the app using the BlueStacks Android app) then set as your default home. Once you have done that you can open Launcher Pro trough the gadget at any time.

Then open Eclipse go to your "Device Manage" tab and under "Android Remote Device" add a new entry like this:

Name: (whatever you want to name it)
Host: 127.0.0.1
Port: 5555

And you are done! BlueStacks is WAYYYYYYYYYY faster to lunch apps that the regular android emulator. I did a small app for testing/debug and it installed/lunch/debug just fine on BlueStacks.

Last edited:

minijaws

Jul 18, 2011
I cant for the life of me find the device manager could you explain how to get it to appear?

Nov 21, 2007
Los Angeles
www.youtube.com
I cant for the life of me find the device manager could you explain how to get it to appear?

On the Eclipse menu go to:
- "Window", "Show View", "Other..."
- Then type on the entry text box "Device". It should show under the "Sequoyah" folder.

Today I notice that it automatically added "localhost:5555" under "Android Remote Device" next to my manually added entry and the Eclipse DDMS Console was giving me some errors. I restarted BlueStacks and everything seems to be ok now (the automatic added entry is gone now and no more errors too). Lucky that a BlueStacks restart is SUPER fast! :D

Reactions: KingRedHot

cyrius61

Dec 11, 2010
Hi,
how do you install your homemade app for testing/debugging (need official certificate) ? Your bluestacks player seems to be windowed ? how do you make that ? thanks...

Ludden

Dec 21, 2011
Hello!

I'm an artist on an Android project and have very little knowledge on the technical side of things.

Any chance you could expand this how-to a bit more in-depth, as I have trouble even finding "Device Manager" and don't know what Launcher Pro and ADW do and where to find them.

I'd really appreciate it!

eragonn14

Apr 30, 2011
Opole
It really works! Great! Thanks.
I struggled over this for an hour, because I could not see Device Manager tab in Eclipse. So i downloaded MotoDev Studio (It is SDK + Eclipse + all plugins needed) and now i run bluestack smoothly ;)

More precise way to do this:
1. Download and install BlueStack
2. Download and install MotoDev Studio (Its free)
3. Download Launcher pro or ADW launcher .apk
4. Right click on the .apk, select "open with", "Browse"
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks (for 64bit system)
or
go to C:\Program Files\BlueStacks (for 32bit system)
and select HD-ApkHandler.exe
Launcher should be installed after a moment.
5. Open MotoDev
6. select Device Managment tab
7. Right click on Android Remote Device and click New...
8. Name it like you want, for example "BlueStack"
9. fill Host and Port boxes with
10. Click OK

Now everything should work. You can close MotoDev and try to open BlueStack and then select Launcher. Now bluestack is fast as native android device and games run smooth :) Thx to riveraju

KingRedHot

Oct 31, 2010
Baton Rouge
Must come back here when I have time to read lol thanks a lot for this man. I installed the ask last June and still haven't gotten the emulator to work XD

Swyped from my Red Hot Razr phone running Tapatalk

Coisox

Jan 12, 2012
To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!
I'm new here. Purposely join to share in-depth step-by-step after reading the guide here. May someone give me ur email so u can post my guide for me. Thx ;)

Reactions: funniba

weyseal

Jun 9, 2009
Is this still a working method? I'm using a Mac and have just downloaded Bluestacks but I can't even connect to it through adb nor it shows up under my device list.
Any other method to debug my app through Bluestacks with a Mac?

Som3guy

Jul 23, 2011
Hey guys,

so I installed BlueStacks as I already had Eclipse installed and "kinda" followed the guides to this method.

I start Bluestacks player and then I start eclipse and look at the device tab and see this after opening Blood Brothers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lja2rj4wziycsgq/eclipse.png

Many players say that it should be faster after doing this but I see no difference to playing without Eclipse. Am I missing something, a command or something? Or is that all there is, Eclipse is now connected and running with Bluestacks?

Reactions: thecensor

phanonad

Feb 26, 2010
fios

Good stuff, it sped it up just barely to handle the verizon fios mobile tv app. now i can watch live tv on my laptop :D

Android 101

Jun 14, 2013
is there an alternative to this like regitry hack? I mean I have to download Eclipse or MotoDev which is around 200 mb of size just to put this trick?

tamasu

Jun 4, 2012
London
Instead of searching for device management tab you can simply enter

adb connect 127.0.0.1

after starting bluestacks... :)

creatorul

Jan 12, 2014
bluestacks certificates

Have you managed to install new certificates on Bluestacks ? Seems to me like Security/Credential Storage menu is completely missing as well as other features. I understand that this is just an emulator but we need many other features for development.

Untitled.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    107.1 KB · Views: 595

-DemiGodz-

Sep 22, 2011
Instead of searching for device management tab you can simply enter

adb connect 127.0.0.1

after starting bluestacks... :)

i dont know how this work, but when I tried its not working.. anyway, i can't find and download link for motodev or even locate the device manager.. anyone know where I can dowload the motodev or any idea to make the bluestack faster... i played samurai siege, jungle heat and other same game and its still too slow...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can do this VERY EASY! but I'll recommend that you first install Launcher Pro or ADW (you can sync the app using the BlueStacks Android app) then set as your default home. Once you have done that you can open Launcher Pro trough the gadget at any time.

Then open Eclipse go to your "Device Manage" tab and under "Android Remote Device" add a new entry like this:

Name: (whatever you want to name it)

And you are done! BlueStacks is WAYYYYYYYYYY faster to lunch apps that the regular android emulator. I did a small app for testing/debug and it installed/lunch/debug just fine on BlueStacks.
    It really works! Great! Thanks.
    I struggled over this for an hour, because I could not see Device Manager tab in Eclipse. So i downloaded MotoDev Studio (It is SDK + Eclipse + all plugins needed) and now i run bluestack smoothly ;)

More precise way to do this:
    1. Download and install BlueStack
    2. Download and install MotoDev Studio (Its free)
    3. Download Launcher pro or ADW launcher .apk
    4. Right click on the .apk, select "open with", "Browse"
    go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks (for 64bit system)
    or
    go to C:\Program Files\BlueStacks (for 32bit system)
    and select HD-ApkHandler.exe
    Launcher should be installed after a moment.
    5. Open MotoDev
    6. select Device Managment tab
    7. Right click on Android Remote Device and click New...
    8. Name it like you want, for example "BlueStack"
    9. fill Host and Port boxes with
    10. Click OK

Now everything should work. You can close MotoDev and try to open BlueStack and then select Launcher. Now bluestack is fast as native android device and games run smooth :) Thx to riveraju

On the Eclipse menu go to:
    - "Window", "Show View", "Other..."
    - Then type on the entry text box "Device". It should show under the "Sequoyah" folder.

Today I notice that it automatically added "localhost:5555" under "Android Remote Device" next to my manually added entry and the Eclipse DDMS Console was giving me some errors. I restarted BlueStacks and everything seems to be ok now (the automatic added entry is gone now and no more errors too). Lucky that a BlueStacks restart is SUPER fast! :D
    To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!
    I'm new here. Purposely join to share in-depth step-by-step after reading the guide here. May someone give me ur email so u can post my guide for me. Thx ;)
    Hey guys,

so I installed BlueStacks as I already had Eclipse installed and "kinda" followed the guides to this method.

I start Bluestacks player and then I start eclipse and look at the device tab and see this after opening Blood Brothers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lja2rj4wziycsgq/eclipse.png

Many players say that it should be faster after doing this but I see no difference to playing without Eclipse. Am I missing something, a command or something? Or is that all there is, Eclipse is now connected and running with Bluestacks?