[THEME][GUIDE] LauncherPro Ice Cream Sandwich how-to [UPDATED 10/19]

Search This thread

batting1000

Sep 19, 2011
Florida
homescggreen.png

Hello and welcome to my guide on how to theme LauncherPro so that it looks like Ice Cream Sandwich, the newest and best looking version of the Android OS.

DISCLAIMER: I take no credit for any icons, launchers, pictures, or anything else used in this guide. Everything belongs to their respective owners.

Before we begin, here are some things that you will need to download:

1. LauncherPro, the free version or the paid version will work just fine (this guide is intended for use on LauncherPro. I have not tested it on any other launcher)
2. Desktop Visualizer - Click here to download it for free from the Android Market
3. Download these Android 4.0 icons, extracted from the SDK by l0st.prophet. Images by Google.
4. Download the Android 4.0 clock widget for FREE here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.icecreamsandwichclock.clock (Credit to developer juliojs) (This is optional)
5. Download the Google Search Widget image and App drawer icon at the bottom of this post. Add them to the folder of Android 4.0 icons to access them easier.
6. Download the dock background here: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/928/hhhha.png

Add the folder(s) of images to the first level of your SD card / USB storage.

Steps:

Step 1: From your homescreen (while in LauncherPro), hit Menu, click Preferences, then click Appearance Settings. Choose Dock Background and choose Gallery if you are asked. Browse to the dock background linked above.

Step 2: Go back into the LauncherPro Preferences and restart the launcher. Your dock background should now have a white strip above the icons on your dock.

Step 3: Next, go to Preferences (by hitting Menu), choose Dock Settings, and then click Number of Docks. Set this to 1.

Step 4: On the homescreen, hold down on the 1st icon of the dock. Change it to the Phone app and when you get the popup to change the icon and name, change the icon to the Android 4.0 Phone icon, the big blue phone.

Step 5: Change the second dock icon to your Contacts application. Again, change the icon to the Android 4.0 Contacts icon.

Step 6: Now, the app drawer icon. Make sure the middle shortcut leads you to your app drawer. Hold down on the icon and click Change Icon, then click Custom icon. Browse to the proved app drawer icon.

Step 7: Change the 4th dock icon to your Messages application. Change its icon to the provided Android 4.0 Messages icon.

Step 8: Change the 5th dock icon to your Browser application. Change its icon to the provided Android 4.0 Browser icon.

Your dock should now look like this:

unledmg.jpg

After you complete the dock, feel free to change more icons on your homescreen or change the dock to whatever you'd like. The above is only an example. Please note that this guide will not affect the look of your app drawer icons, only the icons you change on your homescreen. To change non-dock icons, remove the icon from the screen. Then, hold down on the screen, click Shortcuts, Applications, then choose the app. You then get the option to change the icon and name.

Now, lets set up the Google Search widget.

Step 9: Add a widget on your homescreen for "Desktop Visualizer 4x1" and click the box that shows up on your homescreen. When the options for the widget pop up, choose the icon button and browse to where you put the search widget icon. Choose the search widget icon. Make the "Select Action" launch the Google Search widget. Click the clear button next to "Label" and make the touch effect "None" and add the widget to the homescreen. (Download the Google Search widget picture from the bottom of this post)

Step 10: Add the Ice Cream Sandwich clock to your homescreen (optional).

Step 11: Go to Menu --> Preferences --> Appearance and uncheck "Show icon labels background". Restart the launcher.

Here's an example of what I did to my homescreen:

homescreend.png

Step 12: Back up your homescreen settings and layout in the LauncherPro settings. The theming is now complete. :)

For an added ICS look, you can get the wallpapers from ICS by visiting the following link and downloading the wallpapers, courtesy of Android Police / P3Droid. Also, add other icons to your homescreen and change their icons to the Android 4.0 ones. Also, to change the icon of the app, you'll need to remove the icon from the homescreen, then when you re-add it, it lets you change the icon. Please note, this will not change the app drawer icons, only ones you CHOOSE to change on the homescreen and dock.

For the ICS lockscreen clock, check out this thread by xaffron: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1310766

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/1...xusnexus-prime-ice-cream-sandwich-wallpapers/

If you have any questions or need help, post here to let me know. :)

Attachments

• ic_allapps.png
    ic_allapps.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 63,793
Last edited:
I

I_am_Error

Here's some pics:

43fca05c-9a73-1496.jpg
43fca05c-9a7b-79a6.jpg

-Hercules grabbed my post, and threw it at your have to be read-

batting1000

Sep 19, 2011
Florida
Looks awesome! :)

Gonna upload both colored strips for the dock tomorrow, blue and the stock white-ish gray from the leaked screenshots.

Last edited:

lwfb

Dec 21, 2010
Houston, TX
My screenshot.

uploadfromtaptalk1318864917431.jpg

Thanks for the details, really liking this look on CM7.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

gtizon

Aug 14, 2011
Manila
Anyone who can recommend a good set of launcher pro icons? Thanks! Just the one you download and install then apply.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    homescggreen.png

Hello and welcome to my guide on how to theme LauncherPro so that it looks like Ice Cream Sandwich, the newest and best looking version of the Android OS.

DISCLAIMER: I take no credit for any icons, launchers, pictures, or anything else used in this guide. Everything belongs to their respective owners.

Before we begin, here are some things that you will need to download:

1. LauncherPro, the free version or the paid version will work just fine (this guide is intended for use on LauncherPro. I have not tested it on any other launcher)
    2. Desktop Visualizer - Click here to download it for free from the Android Market
    3. Download these Android 4.0 icons, extracted from the SDK by l0st.prophet. Images by Google.
    4. Download the Android 4.0 clock widget for FREE here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.icecreamsandwichclock.clock (Credit to developer juliojs) (This is optional)
    5. Download the Google Search Widget image and App drawer icon at the bottom of this post. Add them to the folder of Android 4.0 icons to access them easier.
    6. Download the dock background here: http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/928/hhhha.png

Add the folder(s) of images to the first level of your SD card / USB storage.

Steps:

Step 1: From your homescreen (while in LauncherPro), hit Menu, click Preferences, then click Appearance Settings. Choose Dock Background and choose Gallery if you are asked. Browse to the dock background linked above.

Step 2: Go back into the LauncherPro Preferences and restart the launcher. Your dock background should now have a white strip above the icons on your dock.

Step 3: Next, go to Preferences (by hitting Menu), choose Dock Settings, and then click Number of Docks. Set this to 1.

Step 4: On the homescreen, hold down on the 1st icon of the dock. Change it to the Phone app and when you get the popup to change the icon and name, change the icon to the Android 4.0 Phone icon, the big blue phone.

Step 5: Change the second dock icon to your Contacts application. Again, change the icon to the Android 4.0 Contacts icon.

Step 6: Now, the app drawer icon. Make sure the middle shortcut leads you to your app drawer. Hold down on the icon and click Change Icon, then click Custom icon. Browse to the proved app drawer icon.

Step 7: Change the 4th dock icon to your Messages application. Change its icon to the provided Android 4.0 Messages icon.

Step 8: Change the 5th dock icon to your Browser application. Change its icon to the provided Android 4.0 Browser icon.

Your dock should now look like this:

unledmg.jpg

After you complete the dock, feel free to change more icons on your homescreen or change the dock to whatever you'd like. The above is only an example. Please note that this guide will not affect the look of your app drawer icons, only the icons you change on your homescreen. To change non-dock icons, remove the icon from the screen. Then, hold down on the screen, click Shortcuts, Applications, then choose the app. You then get the option to change the icon and name.

Now, lets set up the Google Search widget.

Step 9: Add a widget on your homescreen for "Desktop Visualizer 4x1" and click the box that shows up on your homescreen. When the options for the widget pop up, choose the icon button and browse to where you put the search widget icon. Choose the search widget icon. Make the "Select Action" launch the Google Search widget. Click the clear button next to "Label" and make the touch effect "None" and add the widget to the homescreen. (Download the Google Search widget picture from the bottom of this post)

Step 10: Add the Ice Cream Sandwich clock to your homescreen (optional).

Step 11: Go to Menu --> Preferences --> Appearance and uncheck "Show icon labels background". Restart the launcher.

Here's an example of what I did to my homescreen:

homescreend.png

Step 12: Back up your homescreen settings and layout in the LauncherPro settings. The theming is now complete. :)

For an added ICS look, you can get the wallpapers from ICS by visiting the following link and downloading the wallpapers, courtesy of Android Police / P3Droid. Also, add other icons to your homescreen and change their icons to the Android 4.0 ones. Also, to change the icon of the app, you'll need to remove the icon from the homescreen, then when you re-add it, it lets you change the icon. Please note, this will not change the app drawer icons, only ones you CHOOSE to change on the homescreen and dock.

For the ICS lockscreen clock, check out this thread by xaffron: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1310766

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/1...xusnexus-prime-ice-cream-sandwich-wallpapers/

If you have any questions or need help, post here to let me know. :)
    Updated with a better picture. :p

device20111017174548.png
    does anyone know what the color code is for the system color in ICS? I am running a ROM that will allow me to change the color of my clock and battery bar and I dont like to guess. If anyone knows let me know. Thanks

Try this 34b4e3