22nd September 2011, 10:01 PM |#21  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

I'm on Rogers and it works perfectly

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Bloatware? I kinda like the idea of having R800a firmware instead of R800i firmware on my R800a.

13th October 2011, 02:23 AM |#22  
Flag Scarborough, ON
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Any idea when the R800a Generic 4.0.1.A.0.283 firmware will be available?
13th October 2011, 04:25 AM |#23  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 506

More
No clue but I'd say probably like next month or so?

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
13th October 2011, 04:35 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
If you have a r800a this version was made for your phone, use it.
14th October 2011, 04:52 PM |#25  
Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

No clue but I'd say probably like next month or so?

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

Are you using this? Can you check what baseband version this includes? I have wifi issues with the generic R800i baseband on 2.3.3 (xloud).
14th October 2011, 05:00 PM |#26  
Flag Scarborough, ON

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassub

Are you using this? Can you check what baseband version this includes? I have wifi issues with the generic R800i baseband on 2.3.3 (xloud).

If I'm not mistaken, I think that issues is Android based and not because of the R800i/a firmware(s). If you're using wifi, make sure to free up port 5228 in your router firewall settings. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

IMO, freeing up that port only slightly increases wifi speed for me. I get way faster speeds on regular 3G. The only time I use my wifi is when I'm downloading something directly to my XPLAY.
14th October 2011, 05:45 PM |#27  
Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flava0ne

If I'm not mistaken, I think that issues is Android based and not because of the R800i/a firmware(s). If you're using wifi, make sure to free up port 5228 in your router firewall settings. But someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

IMO, freeing up that port only slightly increases wifi speed for me. I get way faster speeds on regular 3G. The only time I use my wifi is when I'm downloading something directly to my XPLAY.

Definitely not a router issue, as it affects home, parent's, friend's, and work access points. 2.3.2 didn't have this issue.
14th October 2011, 11:02 PM |#28  
Flag Scarborough, ON

More
I've always had issues when my XPLAY is connected to my wifi regardless whether I was on the R800i 2.3.2 FW and now on the R800a 2.3.3 FW. If you've had or have better wifi connectivity on 2.3.2 then just stick to it for now I guess.

BTW, I forgot to say that port I mentioned in my previous post is only for the Android Market and not overall connectivity issues. I found that it slightly helped me out when downloading and installing apps from Market.
15th October 2011, 11:16 AM |#29  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Just got my Xperia Play today from At&t and flashed to this firmware to get rid of some of the at&t crap.
Now im trying to root the thing using Gingerbreak 1.2. Can anyone confirm if this works.
Also how do i go about going back to the stock at&t firmware and where do i get it to do so?
Thank you for your help.
19th October 2011, 12:55 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
You cant root 2.3.3 with gingerbreak. Only works with 2.3.2. To get r800a 2.3.2 and to have root on r800a 2.3.3 without battery issues. Go to wotanserver.com. Register for a new account (its free). Download the drivers and client software. Install drivers and open wontanserver software. Sign in and follow directions. Choose r800i 2.3.2 (3.0.a.??184 or something). Now download gingerbreak. 1.2( search forum or google) to your computer and unzip. Now connect phone to computer and drag gingerbreak to xperia play storage. On phone go to market and download and install "explorer". Open explorer and find sdcard/gingerbreak.apk and click on it. Now install and open. In gingerbreak press root and wait 5-10 mins until it reboots. Now go to settings/phone/system update. Only update Over-The-Air or else you'll lose root with pc companion/se updater. Enjoy your rooted r800i 2.3.3
P.S. Dont remove system apps unless you aren't going to update again 2.3.4. Use titanium to backup/ freeze apps you dont want to see in phone. Beware of what apps to do this to.

Sent from my rooted R800a 2.3.3 BL locked
The Following User Says Thank You to aranium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aranium Ad-Free
19th October 2011, 03:29 AM |#31  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranium

You cant root 2.3.3 with gingerbreak. Only works with 2.3.2. To get r800a 2.3.2 and to have root on r800a 2.3.3 without battery issues. Go to wotanserver.com. Register for a new account (its free). Download the drivers and client software. Install drivers and open wontanserver software. Sign in and follow directions. Choose r800i 2.3.2 (3.0.a.??184 or something). Now download gingerbreak. 1.2( search forum or google) to your computer and unzip. Now connect phone to computer and drag gingerbreak to xperia play storage. On phone go to market and download and install "explorer". Open explorer and find sdcard/gingerbreak.apk and click on it. Now install and open. In gingerbreak press root and wait 5-10 mins until it reboots. Now go to settings/phone/system update. Only update Over-The-Air or else you'll lose root with pc companion/se updater. Enjoy your rooted r800i 2.3.3
P.S. Dont remove system apps unless you aren't going to update again 2.3.4. Use titanium to backup/ freeze apps you dont want to see in phone. Beware of what apps to do this to.

Sent from my rooted R800a 2.3.3 BL locked

will this work with my r800at? yes i changed the firmware to reflect a r800a but i am still unable to access fastboot on my phone which is keeping me from installing CWM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)