[Kernel][CM7/MIUI/OMFGB] Bali-CM 2.2.2 [10/18/2011]

Search This thread

airhop7

Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone notice the blockiness when you watch videos with this kernel? I switched back to glitch and the video is smoother...great kernel but needs fixing.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
Ok, this kernel still isn't working on my Vibrant. I'm just getting stuck in a boot loop! I've tried everything to get this to work on MIUI v109230 and it won't!

Anybody know how to fix this?

Sent from my SGH-T959 (Samsung Vibrant)

Abu-7abash

Feb 21, 2011
Amman
Ok, this kernel still isn't working on my Vibrant. I'm just getting stuck in a boot loop! I've tried everything to get this to work on MIUI v109230 and it won't!

Anybody know how to fix this?

As said before it won't work ob the new version of miui or cm7 since they seem to have changed the RIL hence we waiting for an update from dr.honk

Or you can simply use platypus kernel r17. It works with 1.9.23

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk

kaintfm

Jun 7, 2011
Cincinnati
Hey Dr Honk! Love your kernels, as always. That being said, unless a kernel update is imminent, could you throw a warning into the original post explaining how this doesn't work with 1.9.23 or the latest CM7? Would significantly cut down on the "My phone no worky!" posts :)

kaintfm

Jun 7, 2011
Cincinnati
Glitch has been updated. Link to it in the Lithium thread. Works perfectly with SS-10.

Bali still my favorite though. Will return as soon as it's updated.

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
Gosh, first time I've checked this thread in 10 or more days and there's still no information on the status of this kernel... So does anyone know if drhonk is working on getting this kernel to work on the latest update of miui?

Abu-7abash

Feb 21, 2011
Amman
Gosh, first time I've checked this thread in 10 or more days and there's still no information on the status of this kernel... So does anyone know if drhonk is working on getting this kernel to work on the latest update of miui?

I too am still waiting for this. Still on 1.9.2 till this come out..

Sent from my Honeycomb running G-tab

N00B_IN_N33D

May 27, 2011
Pompano Beach
1vanFG, you do realize the stock miui kernel has both led notification and voodoo color... but it isn't the same ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing the new variant of Bali kernel, Bali for CM7. The main goal of this kernel is the same as other Bali kernel, balanced performance and battery life. I can't guaranteed you will get the same battery life as Bali for Froyo but you will definitely get an improve battery life over stock kernel.

Features:
    - OC/UV up to 1.4GHz (Safe boot to 1GHz) [require setCPU from market]
    - Voodoo Sound v10
    - Voodoo Color
    - Multiple CPU governor, smartass included (default: ondemand)
    - Multiple IO scheduler (default: BFQ)
    - LED notification support (no external app required)
    - CIFS support
    - Support SetCPU screen off 100/400 profile
    - Dock sound redirector support [need Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector app from market]

Disclaimer:

As always, I'm not responsible with any damage cause to your phone.

Special Thanks:
    - Team Whiskey - you guys are awesome.
    - Alexia - for great work on the new splash image.
    - Supercurio - for awesome work on Voodoo
    - xcaliburinhand - for wonderful work on dock sound redirector.
    - Everybody at CM dev community for their hard work on this awesome ROM.
    - Everybody at #teamwhiskey for beta testing this kernel and their support.

I apologize if I miss anyone ..

Flashing Instruction:
    - If you're coming from another kernel, flash "Ultimate Kernel Cleaning Script" by lippol94 first (http://www.multiupload.com/XFH1GCK4MB)
    - Once that's done .. then flash Bali-CM

If you don't know how to flash then this is not for you. :)

Download:
    Bali-CM_v2.2.2
    OP updated with 2.2.2 ..

Sorry guys .. I've been busy with work and didn't have time to fix the kernel. I've decided re enabled LED and keep only one version to avoid confusion. :)
    Change Log:

Code:
    - 2.2.2 [10/18/2011]
    CM update
    Re-enabled LED by default

- 2.2.1 [9/12/2011]
    Fixed screen jitter issue

- 2.2 [9/10/2011]
    Upgraded BFQ to v2
    Added Smartass v2 with extra tweak
    Fixed ondemand and tweaked for smoother experience
    Set ondemand as default governor
    Other fixes and tweaks

- 2.1 [9/1/2011]
    Disabled SLQB and revert back to SLUB
    Disabled LED notification for the time being
    Added more UV settings
    GPU tweaks
    Added v(r) scheduler
    Added Tiny Preempt RCU
    And other tweaks and fixes

- 2.0 [8/25/2011]
    Disabled ramzswap and switched to zram
    Enabled zcache for better IO performance
    Memory tweak, now gives you 340MB
    More tweaks

- 1.2.1 [8/19/2011]
    Fixed video playback issue
    Fixed battery report when charging, it goes to 100% now

- 1.2 [8/18/2011]
    Updated source with the latest CM patches
    Added SLQB slab allocator for better memory management
    Added more tweaks

- 1.1.1 [7/26/2011]
    Fixed kernel instability that cause random reboot

- 1.1 [7/26/2011]
    Added Voodoo color V2
    Fixed UV portion to make it easier to manage 
    Added Voltage Control support
    Added compiler tweak

- 1.0 [7/22/2011]
    Initial release

A little explanation on different governors (taken from Lord ClockAn thread):

- interactive - Instead of sampling the cpu at a specified rate, the governor will scale the cpu frequency up when coming out of idle. When the cpu comes out of idle, a timer is configured to fire within 1-2 ticks. If the cpu is 100% busy from exiting idle to when the timer fires then we assume the cpu is underpowered and ramp to MAX speed.
    - smartass - Is an improved version of interactive governor
    - ondemand – Available in most kernels, and the default governor in most kernels. When the CPU load reaches a certain point (see “up threshold” in Advanced Settings), ondemand will rapidly scale the CPU up to meet demand, then gradually scale the CPU down when it isn't needed.
    - conservative – Available in some kernels. It is similar to the ondemand governor, but will scale the CPU up more gradually to better fit demand. Conservative provides a less responsive experience than ondemand, but can save battery.
    - performance – Available in most kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the “max” set value at all times. This is a bit more efficient than simply setting “max” and “min” to the same value and using ondemand because the system will not waste resources scanning for CPU load.
    - powersave – Available in some kernels. It will keep the CPU running at the “min” set value at all times.
    - userspace – A method for controlling the CPU speed that isn't currently used by SetCPU. For best results, do not use the userspace governor.

Q and A:

My screen has green, yellow, or orange tint.

Use Voodoo Control to set color profiles (courtesy of d_phekt)

Screen RGB Multipliers:
    Red = 230996000
    Green = 230996000
    Blue = 2704668800

Screen v1 Gamma Hack:
    Red = -50
    Green = -53
    Blue = -44
    OK, after adjusting the "Super AMOLED hardware control" settings in Voodoo Control I've fixed the weird color issue I was previously having...

Screen v1 gamma hack:
    -50 red
    -53 green
    -44 blue

Screen SRB multipliers:
    Red = 2300875360
    Green = 2300875360
    Blue = 2709919680

But the screen is really dark using these settings on Bali, if I adjust the settings to compromise for the darkness then it causes the textures to get all out of whack and become ugly :(. Does anyone know the perfect balance?

I was fiddling with this earlier and found a great balance. I used the same gamma hack, but then raised all the SRGB Multipliers to 389R, 389G, 429B. Balanced the color and got a really low black level with the gamma hack and raised the contrast ratio greatly with the SRGB multipliers. Looks beautiful and bright while still preserving an excellent black level without losing too much shadow detail.

I'm doing this on Glitch kernel, however. Not sure how it'd fair with Bali.
    +1 . I really love/need this feature. Wish we had the option but as always thanks for your work doc :)

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk

Well hell lol ... I can probably build one with LED enabled ... ill have that ready tonight

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App