FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

1,033 posts
Thanks Meter: 495

By Alex C., Senior Member on 6th October 2011, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2011, 09:06 AM |#41  
Flag Copenhague
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Link removed because it was obsolete
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free

18th October 2011, 01:49 PM |#42  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

I guess I'm a bit behind you. I started also to port CM (sort of) to Chacha from Liberty. boots fine but no touchscreen either. My first expirience at porting and I have to say I'm stuck right now. I'll continue tomorrow. Any help is welcome.

Go for it, adlx!
The Following User Says Thank You to astro11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astro11 Ad-Free
18th October 2011, 02:00 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I guess I'm a bit behind you. I started also to port CM (sort of) to Chacha from Liberty. boots fine but no touchscreen either. My first expirience at porting and I have to say I'm stuck right now. I'll continue tomorrow. Any help is welcome.

Would be also great if you can share the rom as it is for other to try out stuff.
18th October 2011, 03:41 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Promising stuff!

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk
18th October 2011, 03:45 PM |#45  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.

Would be also great if you can share the rom as it is for other to try out stuff.

I have no problem with sharing the rom when/if I get something working, but at the moment it's pretty much useless as the touchscreen isn't working in my first build. I'll try further tonight (spanish time), to see if I can get it working .
The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2011, 03:50 PM |#46  
OP Senior Member

More
I presume the same thing is missing: "For the record, the kernel .config from HTC was missing CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_COMPATIBLE_REPORT. This doesn't solve the gralloc issue though."

By xdbg.
18th October 2011, 05:10 PM |#47  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.

I presume the same thing is missing: "For the record, the kernel .config from HTC was missing CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_COMPATIBLE_REPORT. This doesn't solve the gralloc issue though."

By xdbg.

Thanks. Actually I already read that. My first build is using the stock kernel (not a kernel built from sources using either the stock kernel .config not the .config from HTC). In Stock kernel the TS is obviously working correctly, so I assumed it should work. I'll try xdbg kernel in my build, and see if it solved the TS issue or not.
19th October 2011, 09:35 AM |#48  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
working so far
yesterday late I tried with xdbg's kernel, init.chacha.rc & bcm module and the TS worked. using his kernel I got to test more things:

So far, in my build this is what I have tested:

- Touchscreen: OK
- Calls (with audio): OK
- Data (3g): OK
- Wifi: OK

Doesn't work (yet):
- Physical keyboard (I can get data from input device though)
- leds and backlight, not well tested, but didn't seem to be working (it work manually though, by echoing in the /proc)
- Camara
- GPS
- Sensors

SMS, MMS: untested

Screenshots gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/7882...cha?h=5cc26e#/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2011, 09:46 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Great work !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to qbert456 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qbert456 Ad-Free
19th October 2011, 10:21 AM |#50  
Flag Copenhague
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Hi.

A couple of pointers/possible solutions:

Quote:

- Physical keyboard (I can get data from input device though)

You must patch frameworks/base/include/ui/KeycodeLabels.h or remove the unknown keys from chacha-keypad.kl. I suspect other files must be patched as well, for example to make the 0 work.

Quote:

- leds and backlight, not well tested, but didn't seem to be working (it work manually though, by echoing in the /proc)

Check that you have lights.msm7k.so and also check the permissions in init.chacha.rc. You might need a newer lights than the one used in the Liberty.

Quote:

- Camara

I think the libcamera.so from HTC has a different API than CM7. Also you must uncomment PRODUCT_SPECIFIC_DEFINES += TARGET_PRELINKER_MAP... in your vendor/cyanogen/products/cyanogen_chacha.mk.
Check the libcameraservice source code. This problem could be slightly harder to fix.

Quote:

- GPS

I think the radio is more recent than on the Liberty, hence the loc_api version will be higher. Try 20000 and 50000. Also try with the gps.chacha.so from stock ROM.

Quote:

- Sensors

Try with a newer libsensors or sensors.chacha.so from stock ROM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
19th October 2011, 02:30 PM |#51  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
thanks you very much for those directions! Much appreciated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)