FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[i9001][ROM]Cranium-It's Fast(CHECK NEWER THREAD!!)

4,012 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,348

By sakindia123, Inactive Recognized Developer on 30th September 2011, 12:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2011, 01:12 PM |#251  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 9,348

More
also dont forget to re-sign the archive!
The Following User Says Thank You to sakindia123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sakindia123 Ad-Free

19th October 2011, 01:20 PM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumdum

ok maybe try this

download this folder in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=181

open the cranium rom.zip with winrar or other programm
and replace the meta inf folder with the downloaded folder
then try it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakindia123

also dont forget to re-sign the archive!

already downloaded.. but how do i sign the archive?
19th October 2011, 01:26 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
i did it with this instruction http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473580
The Following User Says Thank You to Blumdum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blumdum Ad-Free
19th October 2011, 02:37 PM |#254  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumdum

i did it with this instruction http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=473580

i cant download the zip file on the first post.. maybe the link is broken?

Edit: ok i have downloaded the file. I just need to install sdk first. Will update later or tomorrow.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Controls in recovery mode have change thats why i cant enter INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD

menu button = move down
home button = move up
power button = OK

error when INSTALLING ZIP FROM SDCARD

Finding update package***
Opening update package***
Installing update***
Installation aborted.
19th October 2011, 03:40 PM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
back from work...
let us make a quick summary...
I havent deodexed my phone, Bongerz_0522 has, we both get the same error with E:can't find misc!!!

@ Bongerz_0522 try Power Button instead of Home Button, it worked one time to reboot, then i have played there around once again and it does not reboot(have to take off akku)

Mabye its a little bit tricky to navigate there, but it is save to install the cranium rom when CWM-based Recovery Mode kicks out this error?

Here is a pic what it looks like.

When u navigate than there appears the menu once again in the upper Display and when u go up or down the selected bar goes first in the bottom menu up and by the second click up in the upper menu.

It makes me crazy 2 menus and different selected options what is now selected?!?!

Is this right, that netchips Kernel is responsable to get in and see the CWM-based Recovery Mode?
Maybe he could fix this!

olli
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Masterolli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Masterolli Ad-Free
19th October 2011, 03:45 PM |#256  

More
i have manage to navigate on the CWM. but still installation aborted.
19th October 2011, 03:58 PM |#257  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 637

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterolli

back from work...
let us make a quick summary...
I havent deodexed my phone, Bongerz_0522 has, we both get the same error with E:can't find misc!!!

@ Bongerz_0522 try Power Button instead of Home Button, it worked one time to reboot, then i have played there around once again and it does not reboot(have to take off akku)

Mabye its a little bit tricky to navigate there, but it is save to install the cranium rom when CWM-based Recovery Mode kicks out this error?

Here is a pic what it looks like.

When u navigate than there appears the menu once again in the upper Display and when u go up or down the selected bar goes first in the bottom menu up and by the second click up in the upper menu.

It makes me crazy 2 menus and different selected options what is now selected?!?!

Is this right, that netchips Kernel is responsable to get in and see the CWM-based Recovery Mode?
Maybe he could fix this!

olli

Yes, that is my kernel.
Old one but yes, it is my kernel.
You want go back to stock?
Flash stock ROM via Odin.
Oh yeah, do first "cat /proc/cmdline" and post the output.
Of course in CWM.
19th October 2011, 04:04 PM |#258  

More
hey dont want to go back stock, we want all to flash the cranium rom and therefore your kernel is need I think.
Have got an newer kernel for the I9001?

olli
19th October 2011, 04:20 PM |#259  

More
Yes, maybe if someone had successfully installed it using that kernel, maybe there is something wrong with the zip file that im trying to install. if i cant get the zip file that they successfully installed it might work?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

update:

I installed the zip from the first post without replacing the META-INF folder. it star installing. it reaches about 30-40% then aborted. heres the log

Finding update package
Opening update package
Installing update
Starting Installation fr CRANIUM ROM
Preparing system...
Mounting system...
Removing current system...
Installing new system...
E: Error in /sdcard/signed_Cranium_i9001_kang#2.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

does this help?
19th October 2011, 04:44 PM |#260  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongerz_0522

Yes, maybe if someone had successfully installed it using that kernel, maybe there is something wrong with the zip file that im trying to install. if i cant get the zip file that they successfully installed it might work?

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

update:

I installed the zip from the first post without replacing the META-INF folder. it star installing. it reaches about 30-40% then aborted. heres the log

Finding update package
Opening update package
Installing update
Starting Installation fr CRANIUM ROM
Preparing system...
Mounting system...
Removing current system...
Installing new system...
E: Error in /sdcard/signed_Cranium_i9001_kang#2.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

does this help?

Hmhm i used the stock recovery and the phone was not deodexed but i got the exact same error...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA App
19th October 2011, 05:15 PM |#261  

More
GREAT buisness its fuc*ing workin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick guide:

1.flash netchips kernel ( i have it done)
2.deodex or not, try it, dont know if it is necessary?! (i have it done)
3.Get in CWM-based Recovery Mode like on my pics
4.flash my Cranium Rom file.

Enjoy

Here u can download my resigned rom : http://www.share-online.biz/dl/JJJ1LBTL4A

Thank you to everyone who helped to make this possible especially to sakindia123 for his rom and netchip for his kernel, will hope that now i could be easier to develop for the devs.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Masterolli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Masterolli Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)