FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

3,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,433

By 3xeno, Senior Member on 19th October 2011, 05:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2011, 02:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokzye

Ha! I knew it. 3xeno's thread = always useful. Thanks for the font. ^^

Sent from my HTC Wildfire

exactly my thoughts

19th October 2011, 02:36 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have changed the Font and rebooted but stuck at the booting animation for long time.

What to do now?

Update: Hurray ... it works. Removed the Battery and inserted again and tried. It worked. Font is looking good and neat. I use Nexus S (Rooted)
19th October 2011, 02:57 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Font looks good but looks cramped because of the lack of margin in between lines. I think they are configured differently in ICS. Experience from using whatsapp with the new font.
19th October 2011, 03:06 PM |#34  

More
Talking having trouble with font on sensation
im currently rooted running the dre beats audio rom. Im unfamiliar with installing fonts on htc devices. can anyone point in the right direction?
19th October 2011, 03:18 PM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenccw

Font looks good but looks cramped because of the lack of margin in between lines. I think they are configured differently in ICS. Experience from using whatsapp with the new font.

I am not aware which device you are running, but WhatsApp looks just fine on my Wildfire. But, sure, these fonts may be configured differently on ICS. What we have here are just the TTF files of the font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1584

im currently rooted running the dre beats audio rom. Im unfamiliar with installing fonts on htc devices. can anyone point in the right direction?

There are lots of ways to go about it. (I would recommend you to take a ROM backup first though, so you have a way to go back in case something goes wrong)

- First, if you have a Custom Recovery like Clockworkmod, simply flash the Font file using your Custom Recovery
- Alternative Method 1 - Use ADB to push the fonts - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=637
- Alternative Method 2 - Use Terminal Emulator - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=735
19th October 2011, 03:22 PM |#36  
Flag Yeovil
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod1584

In addition to 3xeno's useful methods to apply the font I'll suggest "Font Changer" which is free on the Android market.
The Following User Says Thank You to w0mbat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift w0mbat Ad-Free
AdderV
19th October 2011, 04:48 PM |#37  

More
Red face
Font install using the file drop in /sdcard/.fontchanger folder and the Font Changer app worked fine on HTC Sensation Z710e. Smoooooth font.
19th October 2011, 04:55 PM |#38  

More
Not sure if maybe I'm just not seeing it, but the only thing that seems to change is the clock on the unlock screen. Everything else just kinda stays the same. I compared the fonts to my brother-in-law's stock Galaxy S Epic and they're the same. Am I missing something? Using Samsung Vibrant running CM7.1 stable.

~ Paul
19th October 2011, 05:01 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by macho386

Not sure if maybe I'm just not seeing it, but the only thing that seems to change is the clock on the unlock screen. Everything else just kinda stays the same. I compared the fonts to my brother-in-law's stock Galaxy S Epic and they're the same. Am I missing something? Using Samsung Vibrant running CM7.1 stable.

~ Paul

The difference is subtle, to say literally, but, the actual difference appears huge, atleast for me. (Not sure that came out right, so I'll post a before <> after pic for comparison).

The pic on the left is before, and the one on the right is after.

Here's another example. (Focus on the date below the time - You should be able to clearly see the difference)

But since you say the Lockscreen Clock's font changed, I am assuming the fonts did install correctly, as intended. But, in any case, I would recommend trying to install again.
19th October 2011, 05:20 PM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno

The difference is subtle, to say literally, but, the actual difference appears huge, atleast for me. (Not sure that came out right, so I'll post a before <> after pic for comparison).

The pic on the left is before, and the one on the right is after.

Here's another example. (Focus on the date below the time - You should be able to clearly see the difference)

But since you say the Lockscreen Clock's font changed, I am assuming the fonts did install correctly, as intended. But, in any case, I would recommend trying to install again.

Yeah, I see it now. And your're right. Subtle is definitely an understatement. :)

Thanks for such a fast and awesome response! Long Live Android!
19th October 2011, 07:53 PM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom200580

+1

Totally!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)