Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....
19th October 2011, 09:59 PM |#2562  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,812

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantroutman

Sent From My Fingers To Your Face.....

Wow, bargain! I'll have a Pepperoni Plus the size of Wembley Stadium please.

19th October 2011, 10:21 PM |#2563  
Flag Planet Omicron Persei 8
Thanks Meter: 1,115

More
how awesome is this

19th October 2011, 10:24 PM |#2564  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 626

More
XD that's amazing! I want! !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by husam666

how awesome is this

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
19th October 2011, 10:30 PM |#2565  
Flag Planet Omicron Persei 8
Thanks Meter: 1,115

More
19th October 2011, 11:35 PM |#2566  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGently

I'd have to check, but didn't both Moist Von Lipwig and Otto Chriek, come from Uberwald? Otto especially makes me laugh, his labour of love reducing him to a pile of ashes whenever he takes a picture.

I read 'Snuff' at the weekend and it was excellent! A new Discworld book is one of those rare joys, to be savoured and enjoyed.

Always nice to meet fellow fans.

That it is, I am hard pressed to say which character is my favorite. In all actuality I think Twoflower is probably in a good race with the bursar... the vampires are great, which book is it that has the witches and the vampires are trying to be more human, granny weatherwax is missing? I use to hate granny stories that one though made me love her and her attitude. Favorite books though out of what I have read are of course color of magic, small gods, the fifth continent and moving pictures. All vampires come from uberwald, still not sure if that's the territory of klatch or not, wasn't twoflower from there as well?

Now, if you like Pratchett do you like Douglas Adams as well?
19th October 2011, 11:45 PM |#2567  
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urabewe

That it is, I am hard pressed to say which character is my favorite. In all actuality I think Twoflower is probably in a good race with the bursar... the vampires are great, which book is it that has the witches and the vampires are trying to be more human, granny weatherwax is missing? I use to hate granny stories that one though made me love her and her attitude. Favorite books though out of what I have read are of course color of magic, small gods, the fifth continent and moving pictures. All vampires come from uberwald, still not sure if that's the territory of klatch or not, wasn't twoflower from there as well?

Now, if you like Pratchett do you like Douglas Adams as well?

Twoflower was from the Counterweight Continent.
Uberworld is near the hub with the ramtops, hence the links with the Witches.
Klatch (known for their coffee that makes you knurd) is by the coast.
Somewhere I have a map of Ankh-morpork, The Discworld, and I think even Death's domain.

Despite loving the radio show, tv show and even the film, I never could get into the HHGTTG books.

PS The turtle moves
20th October 2011, 12:26 AM |#2568  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaccers

Twoflower was from the Counterweight Continent.
Uberworld is near the hub with the ramtops, hence the links with the Witches.
Klatch (known for their coffee that makes you knurd) is by the coast.
Somewhere I have a map of Ankh-morpork, The Discworld, and I think even Death's domain.

Despite loving the radio show, tv show and even the film, I never could get into the HHGTTG books.

PS The turtle moves

Sniff... I love you guys..... LOL, it is so nice to see fans of Pratchett. So my geography is a bit off I admit, I remember the days when there were no maps of discworld... oh and death of rats is another of my favorites. Squeak? Wish I had Rincewind's luggage... or ability to evade death, love the fact his hourglass has curves and even goes back up before going down again... so awesome.

HHGTTG books are killer, BBC TV series is killer, Radio series is killer, the movie with Mos Def as Ford Prefect.... utter rubbish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1319063119406.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	754846  
20th October 2011, 12:37 AM |#2569  
Flag Tucson,Arizona.
Thanks Meter: 1,205

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacaronyMax

20th October 2011, 12:55 AM |#2570  
Flag Milling around Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 412

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urabewe

Sniff... I love you guys..... LOL, it is so nice to see fans of Pratchett. So my geography is a bit off I admit, I remember the days when there were no maps of discworld... oh and death of rats is another of my favorites. Squeak? Wish I had Rincewind's luggage... or ability to evade death, love the fact his hourglass has curves and even goes back up before going down again... so awesome.

HHGTTG books are killer, BBC TV series is killer, Radio series is killer, the movie with Mos Def as Ford Prefect.... utter rubbish

Death of Rats is one of my favs too.
Sir Terry is such a nice bloke, he came to Portsmouth once in the mid 90s for a book signing. There were so many people to see him that when the bookshop closed for the day he just stood outside so that he could get to everyone.

As for the HHGTTG film, I enjoyed it, but I agree the casting was wrong in so many ways, and changing the narrator's lines to be more PC was wrong.
The little touches I liked, such as the original Marvin and Simon Jones, and of course Douglas at the end. People forget it was mostly his script.
20th October 2011, 01:58 AM |#2571  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaccers

Death of Rats is one of my favs too.
Sir Terry is such a nice bloke, he came to Portsmouth once in the mid 90s for a book signing. There were so many people to see him that when the bookshop closed for the day he just stood outside so that he could get to everyone.

As for the HHGTTG film, I enjoyed it, but I agree the casting was wrong in so many ways, and changing the narrator's lines to be more PC was wrong.
The little touches I liked, such as the original Marvin and Simon Jones, and of course Douglas at the end. People forget it was mostly his script.

Yes I know it was but, changed for the worse, did they even show the restaurant at the end of the universe or the Scrabble pieces? "Do people want fire that can be fitted nasally?" Bwahahaha classic!

That was very nice of him to stay after, I always got the feeling that Sir Terry as I will now call him (I am a dirty American dog but, I loves some Discworld) was thankful for his audience.

Now a bit if sadness, I had a huge discworld collection hardback collectors editions, paperbacks the works... they were stored in a bin where that bin is, I have no clue.... 3 moves later I lost one of the most precious things in my entire inventory. Was a sad day when I went to read a nice tale about Cohen then.... much to my dismay, there were no discworld tales at all...

Original Marvin FTW

Stupid xda app wont let me post Marvin's pic so here is death with his kitties... a voice that sounds like coffin lids being slammed, or two tombstones being rubbed together...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1319068502878.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	754920  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)