FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

3,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
By 3xeno, Recognized Contributor on 19th October 2011, 05:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2011, 07:35 PM |#61  
prguzman1978's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tiverton, Rhode Island
Thanks Meter: 190
 
More


---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXOhio

Correction. It looks like the font is installed everywhere except the clock on my lockscreen. I am running cm 7.1. How do I fix the clock font?



First download Font changer from market, make sure u download FontPack_Roboto_E2 from the beginning of this thread. Go to FontPack_Roboto_E2 zip click into it copy fonts folder and place it into the fontchanger folder thats on the root of your sd, Open font changer app click advanced click clocktopia then click fonts and apply clocktopia.ttf and do the same for droidsans-bold.ttf and droidsans.ttf and reboot enjoy...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prguzman1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prguzman1978 Ad-Free
 
 
20th October 2011, 08:49 PM |#62  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prguzman1978



---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------





First download Font changer from market, make sure u download FontPack_Roboto_E2 from the beginning of this thread. Go to FontPack_Roboto_E2 zip click into it copy fonts folder and place it into the fontchanger folder thats on the root of your sd, Open font changer app click advanced click clocktopia then click fonts and apply clocktopia.ttf and do the same for droidsans-bold.ttf and droidsans.ttf and reboot enjoy...

Thank you that did the trick!
21st October 2011, 08:14 AM |#63  
stiefa00's Avatar
Senior Member
Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamland2000

Looking forward to ics being integrated fully with the roms.
Great work and thanks

yeah, so do I. please ice me
and thanx for this nice thread @ OP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamland2000

I flashed the fonts earlier and they work great. I'm using the latest cyanogenmod nightly.

works fine here, too. but gmail is a little bit strange. if there is an unread email it looks fuzzy. but it doesn't matter
21st October 2011, 08:16 AM |#64  
3xeno's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiefa00

yeah, so do I. please ice me
and thanx for this nice thread @ OP!!!

works fine here, too. but gmail is a little bit strange. if there is an unread email it looks fuzzy. but it doesn't matter

Try rebooting your phone. I read on another thread this solves the GMail fuzzy fonts issue. Oh, BTW, I read somewhere someone already got an ICS SDK port for the Nexus S up and running. (It's SDK, so obviously its Pre-pre-pre Alpha. )

Cheers
JohnM
21st October 2011, 04:57 PM |#65  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I MUST know what clock widget that is you have on the launcher screen. I MUST.

Not the ICS one, the one in the wallpaper screenshots.


EDIT: If it is advanced clock widget and a pro template, I might buy that app...
21st October 2011, 05:15 PM |#66  
3xeno's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefak

I MUST know what clock widget that is you have on the launcher screen. I MUST.

Not the ICS one, the one in the wallpaper screenshots.


EDIT: If it is advanced clock widget and a pro template, I might buy that app...

It's Simi Clock (Free)
https://market.android.com/details?i...imiClock&hl=en

The Following User Says Thank You to 3xeno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 3xeno Ad-Free
JohnM
21st October 2011, 05:32 PM |#67  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno

It's Simi Clock (Free)
https://market.android.com/details?i...imiClock&hl=en

Thanks bro!
21st October 2011, 06:54 PM |#68  
Zlatty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SFBA
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
This is fantastical. Brings a whole new life to my OG Droid.
21st October 2011, 07:08 PM |#69  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Flashed the ICS fonts on my Atrix via the most up to date CWM Recovery. Here is the log which contains an error:

-- Installing: /sdcard/FontICS.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/FontICS.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/FontICS.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

Notes:
I renamed the file FontICS.zip from the default after I re-downloaded it and put it onto the phone to make sure my file wasn't corrupted on download.

I tried flashing from the internal memory as well as the sdcard, same error both times.
21st October 2011, 07:16 PM |#70  
3xeno's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,433
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKoil

Flashed the ICS fonts on my Atrix via the most up to date CWM Recovery. Here is the log which contains an error:

-- Installing: /sdcard/FontICS.zip
Finding update package...
I:Update location: /sdcard/FontICS.zip
Opening update package...
Installing update...
E:Error in /sdcard/FontICS.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted.

Notes:
I renamed the file FontICS.zip from the default after I re-downloaded it and put it onto the phone to make sure my file wasn't corrupted on download.

I tried flashing from the internal memory as well as the sdcard, same error both times.

Odd, since it seems to be working fine for most here. But, in any case, you can try changing the fonts via Font Manager:
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

It should work.
21st October 2011, 07:28 PM |#71  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno

Odd, since it seems to be working fine for most here. But, in any case, you can try changing the fonts via Font Manager:
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

It should work.


I'm not sure why it didn't work either. I looked into the flashable zips and they seem just fine. It could just be me, or my phone. The CWM Recovery for the Atrix is terribly bugged and has been since day one of "Official Support" for the phone. So at times the recovery can by flakey, this is the first time I've had trouble flashing with it though. Oh well, I got the fonts on there anyway

Right after I posted, I pushed the files with ADB after renaming the ones on my phone so that I could revert back if I wanted to. That work perfectly for me.

For those wondering, here are the commands I used with a short explination of what they do.

1. adb remount
2. adb shell
3. cd /system/fonts
4. mv Clockopia.ttf Clockopia.bak
5. mv DroidSans.ttf DroidSans.bak
6. mv DroidSans-Bold.ttf DroidSans-Bold.bak
7. exit
8. adb push Clockopia.ttf /system/fonts/Clockopia.ttf
9. adb push DroidSans.ttf /system/fonts/DroidSans.ttf
10. adb push DroidSans-Bold.ttf /system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf
11. adb reboot

Explanations:
Numbers 1 - 3 just set so that you can start to backup the fonts.
Numbers 4-6 move the stock fonts to new files names.
Number 7 gets you out of the ADB shell.
Numbers 8-10 push the new fonts onto the phone
Number 11 reboots the phone so that the changes take effect.

Note that you will need to have the three new font files in the folder you are working out of the command prompt in.
Enjoy!!

P.S. Looks awesome!!


DK
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes