FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

1,033 posts
Thanks Meter: 500

By Alex C., Senior Member on 6th October 2011, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2011, 11:05 AM |#61  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

I've been looking into it yesterday... On my Chacha, the 0 key is also the Symbol key. It's keycode 183 iirc (or something like 18x, but not 11). I couldn't find this keycode in the kcm (maybe it was too late lol). So we'll need to find a trick...

Is there any chance you could set up a repository/github where we could put files and get the rom so that we could also try different stuff?

Have you tried using the stock .kcm files and .kl files? (currently at work and kinda busy)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex C. Ad-Free
20th October 2011, 11:46 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Other than checking this thread every chance I get and sending encouraging thoughts I can't help I'm afraid - keep up the good work tho chaps.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk
20th October 2011, 12:04 PM |#63  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,771

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C.

Is there any chance you could set up a repository/github where we could put files and get the rom so that we could also try different stuff?

Have you tried using the stock .kcm files and .kl files? (currently at work and kinda busy)

I'll set that up tonight (like in +11 hours from now), and post the info here.

regarding the kcm/kl, what do you mean by stock? AOSP? or stock chacha-keypad kcm/kl files? (I've been working off the chacha-keypad files). Any way, there is more keys defined in the Chacha physical keyboard, like the Sym/0 key, which isn't defined in the CM framework (as far as I've seen).

Also, in my case, after getting the keyboard to "start working", I have a lot of other keys that are not working (not only the 0, like the T, V,..). I don't remember the list right now, but there where several columns (which btw do not relate with the "columns" defined in the kl file).

I tested the GPS using GPS Status & GPS Test and it seemed to be working fine. I couldn't get a sat fix because I was indoor, but it was showing 1 or 2 sats.

Also the 3-axis orientation sensors, as it was correctly showing in GPS Status.

Also the light sensor was showing data in the device file :D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adlx.xda Ad-Free
20th October 2011, 12:23 PM |#64  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert456

Other than checking this thread every chance I get and sending encouraging thoughts I can't help I'm afraid - keep up the good work tho chaps.

I feel the same way, that's why I started going on other ChaCha/Status forums to tell people adlx and the folks are here, in xda, porting cyanogenmod and doing a lot of good for the community... I'll just try to bring more people here to thank who deserves.

And of course, keep up the good work guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to astro11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift astro11 Ad-Free
20th October 2011, 12:58 PM |#65  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 134

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
stay tuned guys ... your makes a great job!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to carstenheuer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carstenheuer Ad-Free
20th October 2011, 01:53 PM |#66  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'll set that up tonight (like in +11 hours from now), and post the info here.

regarding the kcm/kl, what do you mean by stock? AOSP? or stock chacha-keypad kcm/kl files? (I've been working off the chacha-keypad files). Any way, there is more keys defined in the Chacha physical keyboard, like the Sym/0 key, which isn't defined in the CM framework (as far as I've seen).

Also, in my case, after getting the keyboard to "start working", I have a lot of other keys that are not working (not only the 0, like the T, V,..). I don't remember the list right now, but there where several columns (which btw do not relate with the "columns" defined in the kl file).

I tested the GPS using GPS Status & GPS Test and it seemed to be working fine. I couldn't get a sat fix because I was indoor, but it was showing 1 or 2 sats.

Also the 3-axis orientation sensors, as it was correctly showing in GPS Status.

Also the light sensor was showing data in the device file :D

Awesome job man!

Yeah replacing the keyboard files themselves with the ones from a stock rom on a device. (2.3.5 preferably). Cannot test it until I get home tonight unfortunately and give out some feedback.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex C. Ad-Free
20th October 2011, 05:49 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
I'm close to giving up on the Bluetooth side. I think some magic is missing in the kernel but I can't seem to figure out what.

adlx.xda: you must tweak an Android.mk somewhere to add something like CHACHA_KEYPAD and tweak the .h so the FUNC_1 and QUECHAR keys are understood by the ui. This by itself is not sufficient, I may need to tweak the kcm as well.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote:

Quick question: what are your BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_AMSS_VERSION and your BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION ?
The Following User Says Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
20th October 2011, 11:39 PM |#68  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,771

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbg

I'm close to giving up on the Bluetooth side. I think some magic is missing in the kernel but I can't seem to figure out what.

adlx.xda: you must tweak an Android.mk somewhere to add something like CHACHA_KEYPAD and tweak the .h so the FUNC_1 and QUECHAR keys are understood by the ui. This by itself is not sufficient, I may need to tweak the kcm as well.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Quick question: what are your BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_AMSS_VERSION and your BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION ?

I had used the same VISION_KEYPAD already defined, just added that to frameworks/base:

Code:
From fb7326a1ec2db3be7e25ea3dece6ddf1d2999bd7 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 00:37:48 +0200
Subject: [PATCH 2/2] Declare chacha as VISION_KEYPAD

Change-Id: I35be42d63b74ddcf9ca44144fc63f42d0f7e9c40
---
 libs/ui/Android.mk |    2 ++
 1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/libs/ui/Android.mk b/libs/ui/Android.mk
index ad00b12..184ee3d 100644
--- a/libs/ui/Android.mk
+++ b/libs/ui/Android.mk
@@ -40,6 +40,8 @@ endif

ifeq ($(TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME),latte)
        LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DLATTE_KEYPAD
+else ifeq ($(TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME),chacha)
+       LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DVISION_KEYPAD
 else ifeq ($(TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME),vision)
        LOCAL_CFLAGS += -DVISION_KEYPAD
 else ifeq ($(TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME),speedy)
--
That way the kbd is working, like yours I guess . no 0(SYM) nor ? (QUECHAR). I'm gonna look into the stock Chacha KeyEvent.java & the kcm file, hope I can understand & see what is wrong here.

I use no BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_AMSS_VERSION nor BOARD_VENDOR_QCOM_GPS_LOC_API_AMSS_VERSION. (edited, I was wrong the first time).

Tested GPS and got a fix :D, see screenshot.

Btw, Orientation is working now too (flipping portrait/landscape)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_OK.png
Views:	166
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	755984  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adlx.xda Ad-Free
21st October 2011, 12:42 PM |#69  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 134

Donate to Me
More
Angry
PayPal donation for adlx.xda

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I'm so hot for CM7
The Following User Says Thank You to carstenheuer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carstenheuer Ad-Free
21st October 2011, 01:22 PM |#70  

More
Quote:

Btw, Orientation is working now too (flipping portrait/landscape)

Awesome work! Did you use the libsensors from Liberty? It's not working for me atm :/
The Following User Says Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
21st October 2011, 08:52 PM |#71  

More
I have a hint on making the camera work: seems the camera supports continuous AF. I think tweaking QualcommCameraHardware.cpp a little bit might do the trick. Also the CameraParameters API seems involved.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)