[ROM][WIP][Android 4.0][ICS] Ice Cream Sandwich SDK port [ALPHA][11/27/2011]

Search This thread

Dread 7us

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
Update 11/27/2011 (version 1.2)

Thanks to preludedrew we have a perfectly working touchscreen! I updated the ROM with his work and now even the home, menu, back and search buttons work! Now that we have touchscreen working perfectly we can now work on getting this ROM functional. ATM orientation only works with the keyboard out, that is my next focus. We still have to work on wifi, bluetooth, audio and more.

Update 11/16/2011 (version 1.1)

We have a kernel that recognizes touchscreen input in mode 3 (pointer) thanks to sparksco. We have changed it to mode 1 but it craps out after unlocking it (by using atmel-touchscreen.idc it has been renamed to atmel.idc so you can see the pointer). So for now, you can play with the port with the uncalibrated ts in pointer mode (using two fingers). To reiterate, its not calibrated but its slightly use-able with two fingers. Working so far, orientation (with keyboard out), data, cellular (without audio), text messaging (haven't tested MMS) and sdcard.

Thanks: sparksco for his kernel work getting touchscreen working initially and preludedrew for getting TS perfected. drob311 for his help in the huddle.

Initial release 10/23/2011 (version 1.0)

So I saw what siulmagic did for the G2 here and decided to give it a try myself. Well, it boots just fine but of course, the touchscreen doesn't work. You can still play around with it a little by opening up the keyboard and using the dpad to navigate. Press "enter" on an option to execute it. I got past the lockscreen by fiddling with it a little and hitting the "del" key. I literally just ported this over so I haven't played with it much yet. This is basically just a test to play around with and since it is an SDK image, probably will never by 100%. Anyways, its nice to check it out a little.

Make sure you have a NAND and wipe everything!

Screenshots:
smaller2x.jpg

smaller1.jpg

Download:
MD5: 23515a1dd67b4939726efaf88b9fbaf3
ICS_Evo_Shift_v1.2
MD5: 2a100743421de3127ed194860292802d
ICS_Evo_Shift_v1.1
MD5: 347754c2c1a9115512adffc22c1a13da
ICS_Evo_Shift

GitHub (old): here.

How to and review video by qbking77 available here.

Last edited:
F

FdxRider

Thanks Dread for this! Gonna give it a shot asap! Appreciate all the work you do to keep our shifter cruzin along!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

crump84

Feb 19, 2011
The Gump
Good work Dread..now, lets see how long I can go without touchscreen :D

Sent from my Android powered Tenderloin

rhodiggah

Aug 11, 2010
South City
It's nice to see some ICS luv for our Shifts. Can't wait to try it out!

from the "CRACKED" speedy EVO engine... Via Tapatalk!

peanjr

Jan 25, 2011
Knoxville
Wow, pretty neat. I just opened my keyboard and it went past the lock screen. Went to the browser some how lol. No service though.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

bigfdaddy

Oct 6, 2010
Great work my friend can't wait for the full drop of this...

Dread 7us

Jul 25, 2010
So, I got cellular (w/o audio), data, orientation half way working but not touchscreen yet lol.

Dread 7us

Jul 25, 2010
OP updated to include link to the source on GitHub. I haven't been successful with the touchscreen, take a look and help if you can, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 11/27/2011 (version 1.2)

Thanks to preludedrew we have a perfectly working touchscreen! I updated the ROM with his work and now even the home, menu, back and search buttons work! Now that we have touchscreen working perfectly we can now work on getting this ROM functional. ATM orientation only works with the keyboard out, that is my next focus. We still have to work on wifi, bluetooth, audio and more.

Update 11/16/2011 (version 1.1)

We have a kernel that recognizes touchscreen input in mode 3 (pointer) thanks to sparksco. We have changed it to mode 1 but it craps out after unlocking it (by using atmel-touchscreen.idc it has been renamed to atmel.idc so you can see the pointer). So for now, you can play with the port with the uncalibrated ts in pointer mode (using two fingers). To reiterate, its not calibrated but its slightly use-able with two fingers. Working so far, orientation (with keyboard out), data, cellular (without audio), text messaging (haven't tested MMS) and sdcard.

Thanks: sparksco for his kernel work getting touchscreen working initially and preludedrew for getting TS perfected. drob311 for his help in the huddle.

Initial release 10/23/2011 (version 1.0)

So I saw what siulmagic did for the G2 here and decided to give it a try myself. Well, it boots just fine but of course, the touchscreen doesn't work. You can still play around with it a little by opening up the keyboard and using the dpad to navigate. Press "enter" on an option to execute it. I got past the lockscreen by fiddling with it a little and hitting the "del" key. I literally just ported this over so I haven't played with it much yet. This is basically just a test to play around with and since it is an SDK image, probably will never by 100%. Anyways, its nice to check it out a little.

Make sure you have a NAND and wipe everything!

Screenshots:
    smaller2x.jpg

smaller1.jpg

Download:
    MD5: 23515a1dd67b4939726efaf88b9fbaf3
    ICS_Evo_Shift_v1.2
    MD5: 2a100743421de3127ed194860292802d
    ICS_Evo_Shift_v1.1
    MD5: 347754c2c1a9115512adffc22c1a13da
    ICS_Evo_Shift

GitHub (old): here.

How to and review video by qbking77 available here.
    Version 1.1 is up. Touchscreen working uncalibrated in pointer mode (thanks to kernel work by sparksco) see OP for more info.

Thanks guys. Dread7us has also done the confiuring for the touchscreen in the rom and LordClockaN's kernel for the desire z also helped and had a hand in this. So everyone has been putting in little things here and there.

Gentlemen, This Is A Bump. Asking for an update. I NEED FULL HARDWARE ACCELERATION!!!!!

All requests for updates automatically trigger a extra week delay. Plus you make Baby Jesus cry.
    Thanks again preludedrew, version 1.2 is up with perfectly working touchscreen including home, menu, back and search buttons. Time to focus on the rest, TS was a major hurdle, now we can work on everything else :D.