By awjones, Member on 12th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2011, 08:26 PM |#101  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507

Yes, it does work after renaming sd-ext.reiserfs.tar to sd-ext.ext3.tar. So, does that mean we have to rename the file every time we want to restore app from backup?

Thanks

For now... But I will modify the code and push out an update so you won't have to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to awjones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift awjones Ad-Free

26th October 2011, 08:30 PM |#102  
Flag Desert Rat
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

For now... But I will modify the code and push out an update so you won't have to.

This would be awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.
26th October 2011, 08:57 PM |#103  
OP Member

More
Quote:

This would be awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

I just published an update to the Market (v1.4.7). Can you give that a try and let me know?

The Following User Says Thank You to awjones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift awjones Ad-Free
26th October 2011, 10:41 PM |#104  
Flag Desert Rat
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones

I just published an update to the Market (v1.4.7). Can you give that a try and let me know?

Yes, the new update v 1.4.7 works fine with my sd-ext format. Now, I will definitely buy the pro version.

Thanks a million,
26th October 2011, 10:52 PM |#105  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Yes, the new update v 1.4.7 works fine with my sd-ext format. Now, I will definitely buy the pro version.

Thanks a million,

Thanks for the support! I'm doing what I can to make this work for as many people as possible. I've only got a Droid X to work with, so feedback regarding other devices helps me a ton!

26th October 2011, 11:59 PM |#106  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 973

More
Could you add a feature to create a flashable zip for apps/data?

That would be an awesome feature!
27th October 2011, 04:19 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Tried restoring from an EXT4 recovery. Both user and system apps were detected but upon restoring user apps, data was not recovered. This was from CM7 to MIUI.

I thought the latest update can detect /data already?
27th October 2011, 04:50 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negative13

Tried restoring from an EXT4 recovery. Both user and system apps were detected but upon restoring user apps, data was not recovered. This was from CM7 to MIUI.

I thought the latest update can detect /data already?

When the restore is complete, do you see the application data directories on /mnt/sdcard/appextractor/imgdump/data/data/?

If you have adb installed you can check what the data detection does on your device by typing:
Code:
adb shell "df /data/data | tail -1 | awk '{ print $NF }'"
@awjones: Maybe setting the data directory in options should be available, but with a button to perform the detection? People could then always change it manually if it doesn't work for their device.
Same thing if people have problems with sdcard location; a button for 'detecting' the location to give a suggestion.
27th October 2011, 05:57 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Jules]

When the restore is complete, do you see the application data directories on /mnt/sdcard/appextractor/imgdump/data/data/?

If you have adb installed you can check what the data detection does on your device by typing:

Code:
adb shell "df /data/data | tail -1 | awk '{ print $NF }'"

There's no /data/data in my appextractor directory, just sd-ext/app/

Upon running the command, it says /data.
27th October 2011, 06:30 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negative13

There's no /data/data in my appextractor directory, just sd-ext/app/

Upon running the command, it says /data.

Looks like the detection works fine, but somehow the data itself doesn't get extracted.
Can you find out the name of the backup of the data partition? For me it's data.yaffs2.img
27th October 2011, 06:37 PM |#111  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Jules]

Looks like the detection works fine, but somehow the data itself doesn't get extracted.
Can you find out the name of the backup of the data partition? For me it's data.yaffs2.img

What version are you running? I just published v1.4.8. It fixes an issue with large yaffs image files. Can you let me know if that helps?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)