Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2011, 03:29 AM |#31  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aranium

You cant root 2.3.3 with gingerbreak. Only works with 2.3.2. To get r800a 2.3.2 and to have root on r800a 2.3.3 without battery issues. Go to wotanserver.com. Register for a new account (its free). Download the drivers and client software. Install drivers and open wontanserver software. Sign in and follow directions. Choose r800i 2.3.2 (3.0.a.??184 or something). Now download gingerbreak. 1.2( search forum or google) to your computer and unzip. Now connect phone to computer and drag gingerbreak to xperia play storage. On phone go to market and download and install "explorer". Open explorer and find sdcard/gingerbreak.apk and click on it. Now install and open. In gingerbreak press root and wait 5-10 mins until it reboots. Now go to settings/phone/system update. Only update Over-The-Air or else you'll lose root with pc companion/se updater. Enjoy your rooted r800i 2.3.3
P.S. Dont remove system apps unless you aren't going to update again 2.3.4. Use titanium to backup/ freeze apps you dont want to see in phone. Beware of what apps to do this to.

Sent from my rooted R800a 2.3.3 BL locked

will this work with my r800at? yes i changed the firmware to reflect a r800a but i am still unable to access fastboot on my phone which is keeping me from installing CWM.

20th October 2011, 09:13 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
You need to unlock bootloader to install cmw. But unlocking bootloader will stop you from getting official updates( brick your phone if you update through sony or ota). But you can still update by flashing manually if you choose to unlock your bootloader.

Sent from my rooted R800a 2.3.3 BL locked
27th October 2011, 09:05 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hey guys. i'm currently using a r800a google dev version, and still running on the original firmware 2.3.2 (build 3.0.A.0.184). i've been wanting to do an update for a while and saw this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1116090 "Working Root on 2.3.3 locked bootloaders! (Works on all Xperia Plays except R800X)".

i apologize for the ignorance, but i am just a bit confused. i understand that since i am running the gsm version of the xplay, so any gsm firmware will work. however, before flashing firmware the bootloader must be unlocked and phone must be rooted, right? i am assuming this is what needs to be done in order to flash the international version of 2.3.3/4.

however, since i am running a r800a and this rom is an r800a generic rom, can i just use the flashtool to flash this without having to do anything else? any help is appreciated. thanks guys!
27th October 2011, 09:17 AM |#34  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 506

More
Yes you can use it no problem plus doomlord just upped a new rooting tool that will root any firmware now!

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to thatsupnow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thatsupnow Ad-Free
27th October 2011, 09:34 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsupnow

Yes you can use it no problem plus doomlord just upped a new rooting tool that will root any firmware now!

Thanks for the info!

I just flashed my xplay. Everything seems to have gone okay. I didn't have to do anything other than use FlashTool. I think my reception is a little better. Did his firmware change the radio?
28th October 2011, 01:31 AM |#36  
Flag Vernon

More
I'm not too sure but I also noticed that the reception was better when I used it

31st October 2011, 03:19 AM |#37  
Flag Scarborough, ON
Thanks Meter: 103

More
R800a Generic US .42 became available to me through SE's PC Companion. Would anybody know the location where it saves or temporarily saves the .ftf when it downloads it prior to installing it on your XPLAY?
31st October 2011, 06:18 AM |#38  
Flag Vernon

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flava0ne

R800a Generic US .42 became available to me through SE's PC Companion. Would anybody know the location where it saves or temporarily saves the .ftf when it downloads it prior to installing it on your XPLAY?

Not too sure about PC companion but on seus it is in the blob fs folder I just uploaded the N.A generic .42 firmware

31st October 2011, 07:45 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Is the .42 version the second release of the 2.3.4 firmware? So that has been released for the R800a now? And are you guys that are seeing it in the US or Canada?

I ask because I installed the Generic UK 2.3.3 firmware to my phone months ago and received the second 2.3.3 OTA update bringing it up to 4.0.A.2.368 about a month before the version for the North American R800a dropped. By all indications at the time, the UK firmware was getting updates out way faster.

But now this has been released and I still haven't seen anything come up for OTA or through PC Companion or SEUS. It makes me wonder if I should just flash back to the Generic North American R800a ROM. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks!

EDIT:
Guess I spoke too soon. I see thatsupnow has already uploaded the .42 version in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1326459

I'll reply there instead. Thanks!
4th November 2011, 01:20 AM |#40  
Flag Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
Thanks Meter: 57

More
does PSXperia work in this?
4th November 2011, 03:50 AM |#41  
Flag Vernon

More