No ICS for us

Search This thread

missaellpzchvz

Nov 25, 2010
Arizona
Oh f*ck no! This is BS. I'm going to call T-mobile and f*cking complain that I bought a high end device and got a piece of sh*t phone that isn't even going to be supported by the manufacturers! These b*itches are gonna here me!

Sent from my LG-P999 phone which is not worth of using Tapatalk

Last edited:

C0dy

Jul 10, 2009
California
This was my first LG phone. While the hardware is great, the official software sucks. The way LG handled GB was lame, and they way they are handling this is lame, it's like they don't want customers to buy another one of their phones in the future. Well, I guess my next phone is going to be HTC or Samsung.

Sent from my CM7 G2x using XDA Premium App

pcchameleon

May 5, 2009
Merica!
Yeah, this is my last LG phone.... back to Samsung or HTC for me and pawn this phone off to the girlfriend...

Last edited:

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
I've been lucky and not had any issues with my phone ...even when I was on the stock froyo rom. We ended up with a working GB rom from the cm team months before an official one was released. I'm sure if its possible someone will port ICS to our phones. If your one of those that doesn't flash roms and will only install stock roms from the manufacturers then you prob should only be buying nexus phones to insure upgrades, or you shouldn't be using android at all and buy an iphone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

SL

Mar 25, 2005
The only way to tell LG that the "F" up is to stop buying LG phones.
It will take efforts from everyone to start telling friends and family not to buy LG phones and to go somewhere else. Get the movement going.......NO MORE LG! LOL

missaellpzchvz

Nov 25, 2010
Arizona
I think by making this move LG has messed up bad. Even if cm9 is released it will never take the full advantage of our tegra dualcore processor. LG must provide their version of ICS so that the cm team can improve our version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

ThC23

Sep 18, 2010
Just saw this and even though I no longer have this phone I'm still pissed (cuz my brother does have it).
First a POS 2.3 update and now this slap in the face. This phone is probably one of the most Epic Fails that I've seen (software), as far as hardware it would still run circles around some of these new phones out including my SGS2.
Unfortunately it will never see it's full potential thanks to Nvidia for not releasing their source and LG for not updating it.

Yeah, these great devs can port any future updates, but it will never work to it's full potential.
Needless to say that I've learn my lesson and I will never buy an LG phone again. I'll stick to HTC and Samsung(which I hope they improve their track record).

lattera

Jun 22, 2009
Of course there will be ICS for us. CyanogenMod is comprised of some pretty freaking smart developers.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Did you seriously not see this coming? It took LG months to get the 2.3 update out the door and even then it shipped with a FroYo kernel. While the answer sucks, I give them credit for being upfront about it in their communication. That's more then can be said about how they handled the issues when the phone first came out. I got a G2X on launch day and returned it during the remorse period. I left T-Mobile over the experience.

missaellpzchvz

Nov 25, 2010
Arizona
d03627c1-c089-ad60.jpg
d03627c1-c09a-2eb4.jpg

LG's response before. I guess we have an answer now :/

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

khamikaze

Oct 12, 2011
I just read that as well and I did not like it at all.

I think we need some how to request
a promptly official comment/update on this matter from LG (LG Dev Team, LG Customer Care Dept, LG Folks, LG Product Pro, SmartPhoneGeek).

For me, if I do not hear any official positive LG commitment to their best Smartphone, I will be throwing the towel and asking my money back, because you guys have failed big with your own and with your Customers as well.

By the way, how is the Class Action Lawsuit going?

Thanks,

LG Forum: lgforum . com /forum/boards/carriers/t-mobile/topics/lg-india-confirms-optimus-2x-not-getting-ics-g2x-next

hendawg1983

Jul 11, 2009
East Chicago
It's all phone manufacturers, I had the Samsung Vibrant, piece of crap. No phone will be perfect, if u think u can do better, go to school for it and make ur own phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

ThC23

Sep 18, 2010
Well, honestly, I am still inside the buyer's remorse period on my G2X. I may very well return it and eat the $50 restocking fee. I only picked it up 2 days ago.

I would, good phone, but with new ones out I would just go get a different one.
Just remember no phone is perfect and they will all have their own problems.

Hercules, Hercules

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you guys honestly believe that the phone will not get a form of ICS released from the G2X devs?

Your first mistake is running factory roms and expecting the factory to actually produce quality roms. Remember the reboot / SOD issue on 2.2 factory?

This is xda - DEVELOPERS, not the tmobile customer forums. Maybe I am naive but I expect any user of this site to have a full knowledge of rooting and flashing. Senseless to ***** about something that will be a non issue from our excellent devs and CM9.

I buy any phone with top class hardware and a unlocked bootloader, thats the extent of support I expect from the phone manufacturer.
    Anyone bother to read the original story? I hate articles that make statements yet provide not one source. Also this article is about the
    Optimus 2x. The writer of this story did not know that the G2x recieved the GB update so I'd take this with a grain of salt and a hearty **** you to Chris Davies the writer of this crap story.

http://www.slashgear.com/lg-confirms-no-ice-cream-sandwich-for-optimus-2x-28191682/
    Funny how people spin things.

LG comments on the O2x... and says nothing about the G2x. LG hasn't supported the O2x at all. We at least got an update... but their track record doesn't look good.

The site says the O2x was released before the Update Alliance... but the G2x was released after.

Optimistically, I'd rather them just come out and say "Yea or Nah" so no one is waiting around for nothing. If they were announcing phones that weren't going to get it, then they would have included the G2x in the list... which were didn't. So we should ASSUME we WILL get it. The G2x is honestly a pretty hot phone if LG would just support the damn thing.
    Would I like an official ICS update? yes! But if this phone does not get official support It's still a great phone. With any new technology regardless if it's a phone, computer etc.. you're always going to be behind the power curve. It sucks that LG drops support so quickly but every manufacture leaves something in the dust. I'll enjoy and use my G2x for a year and see what comes out next summer/fall. Quad cores could be around the corner or perhaps a better Android OS release.

As consumers we're responsible for our purchases, not the company. Enjoy your phone and if you can't, move on. I certainly don't have the money to jump ship so I'm going to get the most out of my G2x. :)