Question about Tabbed Today Screen Programs

Search This thread

lazyboy0172

Jun 3, 2007
I've Tried Pocket Plus and iLauncher, but neither do exactly what I'd like, though they both do half.

I'd like a today plugin with the tabs on the BOTTOM of their contents
I'd like the plugins contents to allow displaying Other today plugins.

right now, iLauncher can be on bottom but I cant add today plugins to it
Pocket Plus can have today plugins in the launcher but wont have tabs on bottom

is there a program out there that will do this? or have i misjudged one of those two programs and one of them will do it? Please help, this is aggravating.

burnblue

Jan 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
When I use Pocket Plus inside SPB Diary, the tabs automatically go to the bottom. I don't know if there's a built-in option to make it so otherwise, but it's definitely possible.

DJ_Nitro

May 13, 2007
NEW YORK
Wisbar Desktop

If you have wisbar advance, you can use Wisbar advance desktop (WAD), I've wanted the same thing and WAD fitted my needs.

It uses virtual pages, where you can add personalized shortcuts and today plugins.

Here are 3 of my virtual pages, if you take a look at the bottom, It's my dock, each icon links to a virtual page.

screen004bs8.jpg
screen003ik7.jpg

screen002qz0.jpg

And, as you can see, each virtual pages can have a different wallpaper.

Cheers.

Last edited:

MaxMotus

Mar 12, 2007
www.stuartmoseley.com
ultimatelauncher is THE app
Second that! Awesome Proggy!

I use it with plugins and the HTC cube style tab change looks mega! And SO customizable!

I have HTC Home, SPB Pocket PLus & SPBWeather on different tabs! You can have tabs Top, Bottom or even hide them. And you can change there size by pixels.

All icons are customizable and you can animate them to increase on press or greyscale them etc.

You can also cube, slide or turn the tabs when you slide your finger over the tabs! And or launch programs like with FTouch etc

Used it for a week now so about time i registered it!

MM

Last edited:

MaxMotus

Mar 12, 2007
www.stuartmoseley.com
Heres a video of my setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNtHCOpZlQ

UltimateLaunch is used for the today screen tabs and gives the cube effect and is used to launch Pocket CM with my skin "MM-HTC V2". Then Action Screen and Comm Manager are Launched using the FTouch config in Touch Commander. Also I used the drag down function in TC for minimizing programs.

Notice at end i used a different effect for Tab change when pressing the tabs rather than sliding finger.

MM

Last edited:

littld

May 18, 2005
What is Ultimate Touch and where can I get it? Youtube video is good btw.

MaxMotus

Mar 12, 2007
www.stuartmoseley.com
Sorry "UltimateLaunch" and this is homepage http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/

but you can get from Handango or Softpedia. The Trial is everlasting and pops up occasionally "not registered" around edges so as not to get in way of you use.

I been using a week on trial with no probs but i will register it tonight!

MM

PS Thanks re video.

Last edited:

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
Heres a video of my setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNtHCOpZlQ

UltimateLaunch is used for the today screen tabs and gives the cube effect and is used to launch Pocket CM with my skin "MM-HTC V2". Then Action Screen and Comm Manager are Launched using the FTouch config in Touch Commander. Also I used the drag down function in TC for minimizing programs.

Notice at end i used a different effect for Tab change when pressing the tabs rather than sliding finger.

MM

Thats really cool - Could you please give an instruction, step by step, on how you did it?

:):)

MaxMotus

Mar 12, 2007
www.stuartmoseley.com
Sure can heres a few tips for starting out...:D

IF you haven't seen the video look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNtHCOpZlQ

Part 1 - Touch Commander

Install Touch Commander and edit the FtouchFlo config file. The options for left and right scroll are blank. I set "Right 2 Left" as Action Screen and "Left 2 Right" as Comm Manager.

"Down 2 Up" opens Touch Commander Standard and "Up 2 Down" minimizes the program currently active.

Obviously configure Touch Commander Layout and icons to suit yourself. My icons that i used in Touch Commander are png format stored on storage card. I got some of mine from Alienware skin. Basically converted the ".ico" files to png

Part 2 - Ultimate Launch

Install Ultimate Commander and take time to edit play with settings. You can spec tab size by pixels (i used 40) and placement. Then you can spec total pixel size that the Ultimate Launcher plugin uses on desktop (includes tabs). I set @ 200 which lines up perfectly with the wallpaper i use. So when you change tab it moves everything between the tabs at top and the glass bar at the bottom. ie Tabs and glass bar stay static.

I used as plugins, HTC home which fits perfectly between the Tabs and Glass Bar at bottom. The Next Tab is SPB Pocket Plus with short cuts and system items. On the Third Tab I used SPB Weather and on the final tab i had short cuts using Ultimate Launch.

Tab placement can be top or bottom of the Today plugin so you could put them at the bottom of page like iphone. If you want to hide the tabs totally and just use the Cube / Slide change of tabs then set Tab size to zero.

Ultimate launch icons are in standard .ico format 32x32 or 48x48 for the animated size! So you can easily make or edit icons!

You can have as many tabs as you like I just chose 4 as i was using cube style change. And you can use all the normal today style plugins via settings. Each tab can have its own gestures regarding launching apps. I set mine same for less confusion, basically stroke down on tab panel for PocketCM.

Layout.png

If i think of anything else will add here!!

MM

Last edited:

Martinhdk

Mar 7, 2007
thx - its a great setup you have made.

Feel free to upload you icons pack (I am not good at doing graphics)

:)

vijayvasa

May 5, 2007
Sure can heres a few tips for starting out...:D

IF you haven't seen the video look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNtHCOpZlQ

hi,

I have a few questions,as my device is a touch cruise, all I am interested is the way you have done the animation with ur main screen.Is it possible without touch commander, bcoz if I install touch commander, then it will conflict with the cube.
Hope you have some suggestions?

vijayvasa

May 5, 2007
english version for ultimate launcher?

hi ,

does anyone know how i can download an english version of ultimate launcher , please?

regards
Vj