ICS on X8?

Search This thread

dotsen9

Jan 27, 2011
Vidra
Bro our cpu it's slow,and the swap it's slow too ,because it will never be like the real ram.all the new phones have 1ghz+ at processor,even dual-core,our phones was the pioneers in this ""revolution" of smartphones,but life goes on,and the technology too:p

Sent from my E15i using XDA Premium App

biscoitu

Apr 26, 2011
Well, I don´t know why ppl want to have ICS on X8. I really don´t know even why they need OC on a mobile device :p. It sound like ppl want better technologies on a limited device. For swap you may get shorter life in your sdcard. If you don´t care about it, you may need class 4 or higher to get good performance with swap, with class 2 it should be so slow :p.
BTW, I´m happy with 2.3.x ROM, and I won´t change it. I really don´t see anything that may change my mind for now.
Does someone may show some benefit on running ICS on X8?

Cheers,

b1s

biscoitu

Apr 26, 2011
Mate don't you know all the new features that are in ICS. How cool are they!

Ok, it should be cool, but it won´t be that cool if it slow down your device, will it be? :D
It sounds like run a game on a moderated PC, or you run this slowly, or you´ll need to remove features from the game to make it run faster.
So, I guess we should not be so anxious about it, since we didn´t have MIUI ROM on this device :D, and MIUI ROM is really beautiful and it don´t require too much from device like ICS should do :). I flashed MIUI on my boss Milestone and loved it, but don´t have it on my little X8 :D

_Sparks

Jun 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Ok, it should be cool, but it won´t be that cool if it slow down your device, will it be? :D
It sounds like run a game on a moderated PC, or you run this slowly, or you´ll need to remove features from the game to make it run faster.
So, I guess we should not be so anxious about it, since we didn´t have MIUI ROM on this device :D, and MIUI ROM is really beautiful and it don´t require too much from device like ICS should do :). I flashed MIUI on my boss Milestone and loved it, but don´t have it on my little X8 :D

ya bro u do have a reason :)

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

btw here is an MIUI launcher:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1220695
In tried it and its good, what do you guys think?

_JoaoCampos

Jul 4, 2011
Vila Nova de Gaia, Porto
pespt.net
Too early to draw any conclusions me thinks. It's obviously much more likely that it won't run well at all in our X8 and people should just accept that, but we'll never know for sure until someone tries it out. I've been reading about ICS and they mention improved performance on stuff like multitasking, menus and usability. So they're optimizing the overall system, how code works and stuff, so in theory it could still run considerably well in a low-end device like ours, if ram and cpu limitations can be overcome somehow.

BIG JD

May 1, 2011
I have been talking to a Dev over on the legend form and he says it running smooth and fast with no oc in the kernel he all so sayed its the SDk 4.* the only problem at the min is the mouse pointer and to start it you need to get the highest gb rom you have and edit init.rc in ramdisk
The legend is allmost the same as are wee x8 bar the ram and camera so I say if wee can do something with the ram it would be got to port it it just what I think as people sayed we will never get gb or froyo and look now

super.sense on x8

Reactions: lukewong01

dotsen9

Jan 27, 2011
Vidra
It's true but this is another story,about system requirements,and it's need to be smooth like gb,it will never be smooth.we have low ram,LG optimus one have 512 ram...,we have 174 ram...,besides the rom itself we need to run apps too.

DeFcOn

Jun 21, 2011
Győrszemere
It's true but this is another story,about system requirements,and it's need to be smooth like gb,it will never be smooth.we have low ram,LG optimus one have 512 ram...,we have 174 ram...,besides the rom itself we need to run apps too.

Lg have 512mb ram = for using 320mb
SEx8 have 256 ram= for using 178mb....

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

deedii

May 25, 2011
Dont worry guys I know DX will have some GB and ICS mixed again like what he did in his FroyoBread. Everything is possible, just have faith. I dont use much my x8 but Im happy reading with these updates.

XperianPro

Nov 19, 2010
Mars
Xperia have 226 mb of ram if you look inside it plus 30 mb on processor and high quality graphic card.

So why x8 then could not run ICS.

EDIT we dont see that ram because sony doesnt want to update our phones.

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

wilbso

Aug 18, 2011
The Internet
www.youtube.com
ics does have cool features but it will run like crap on our phone.
our phone is nearly obsolete, it cant take on all of the new stuff. even gingerbread tests it quite a bit.
try running honeycomb before ics cuz honeycomb is 1 platform below ICS and that will determine if it can run ics.

dotsen9

Jan 27, 2011
Vidra
Even doixanh sayd that he will move on in near future...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i've been planning to start this with frogy furnetals (Gingercruzt) we will see the possibility of porting this to our device (we take this from ics sdk), but i can't promise you anything, i will try to create mdpi asset first, untill now there is no mdpi phone have ics so i have to created this manually
    guys from sony x8, thank you some roms I was able to ride on my mini Xperia X10, having trouble only in the large icons, but I modified the LCD.density = 160 to 120 and it worked perfectly, I got to thinking about the HTC rom HERO ICS, and put on my mini Xperia, and worked with some adaptation in-script updater, installed by CWrecovery, the only problem I'm having is with image distortion because the mini is QVGA, but I think that worked perfectly for you, because their screens are larger.

you can also do the test and try to adapt to the HTC Hero X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5o6C-Rk1U

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1349273&page=6

sorry for my language, do not speak English
    guys do you remember how slow was the gingerbread on our phone at the begining? most of the devs were saying that will never run fast smooth and fast on our low end devices but now we have fully working and very fast gingerbread!
    another example is the bootloader most devs were saying that we wont get custom kernels because bootloader it will never get unlocked, now we have unlocked bootloader and custom kernels! so don't lose your hopes! when the ICS sources will be available we will do our best to get a stable ics rom!:):):)
    This is stupid... :mad: Why are you people thinking that our X8 can run ICS? If it ever be ported to our X8, it will be slow! :)