FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AGPS Patch Inspire 4G 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

2,493 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,234

Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2011, 07:02 PM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted

I assume you're doing Method 2. I don't know what explorer app you're using, but open up its settings or preferences and enable Mount System.

Oh I was using ADB push installer.
26th October 2011, 07:13 PM |#172  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82801BA

Oh I was using ADB push installer.

Is your phone plugged into and recognized by the PC, fully rooted, and all that jazz?

I have the Inspire 4G. My choice method for install is #3 using the ZIP and flashing it from CWR.
26th October 2011, 07:17 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Is your phone plugged into and recognized by the PC, fully rooted, and all that jazz?

I have the Inspire 4G. My choice method for install is #3 using the ZIP and flashing it from CWR.

yea I was able to flash it in CWR. Thanks.
30th October 2011, 12:43 AM |#174  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
NEW VERSION(S) OUT!

v2.2 is updated. There were bad ZIP links for which I apologize for. Further, I added some new BUILDS. These builds can work on all phones no matter what your manufacturer is. However, some manufacturers provide SUPL data for their hardware. I'm helping you take advantage of multiple SUPL SERVER providers.

v3.0 is here! What does this mean for you?
I provide you with my very own xtra.bin file. This has led to some beta-testers having INSTANT locks. I can't promise that, but it works wonderfully for all testers except one person in China.

Guess what! It costs me money to provide this. Donations would be welcome to cover hosting fees should this work for you.

What's next for the 3.x trunk?
You should see v3.1 in a matters of weeks depending on reported success of v3.0. I intend to create my own NTP servers and NTP pools. This may cost a few dollars a month, but should be worth it for all of us.
Other flashing recoveries may be supported. Right now, I'm only providing for Clockwork Recovery. But, there are two other easy installation methods available aside from CWR in Method #3.

I've added more notes. Read them if you have issues before posting.

I've added more information to Method 2 installations.

Finally, click thanks on this POST if you truly enjoy and appreciate the work!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 05:16 AM |#175  
Flag Yuba City
Thanks Meter: 281

More
The link for the 3.0 Google specific alternate is showing 2.2 as the file name.
30th October 2011, 06:00 AM |#176  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1

The link for the 3.0 Google specific alternate is showing 2.2 as the file name.

Just my luck. I'll fix it as soon as I get to a pc. I thought I tested each link. I apologize.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crypted Ad-Free
30th October 2011, 06:21 AM |#177  
Flag Yuba City
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:

Just my luck. I'll fix it as soon as I get to a pc. I thought I tested each link. I apologize.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App

No big deal just wanted you to know. I didn't notice it until I went searching for the two I downloaded and did see the second one because I was looking for the 3.0 in the name. Anyway I haven't been able to use any of the 2 series couldn't get a lock but the 3.0 google is working great. Thanks.
30th October 2011, 07:25 AM |#178  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1

No big deal just wanted you to know. I didn't notice it until I went searching for the two I downloaded and did see the second one because I was looking for the 3.0 in the name. Anyway I haven't been able to use any of the 2 series couldn't get a lock but the 3.0 google is working great. Thanks.

Okay, I'm not seeing the problem with any files. I've downloaded every 3.0 file and it appears right. Which one are you saying is incorrect?
30th October 2011, 11:45 AM |#179  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Hey can you tell me if I did this right?
I downloaded the adb installer and used method 1 v3
Now I also installed gps status let it try to connect to a satellite but after 10 min I closed the gps and it only got 1/1 however I was in the house near the window. Inspire 4G with android revolution rom.
30th October 2011, 03:59 PM |#180  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Question Adb installer
I keep getting failed gps read only error
30th October 2011, 06:21 PM |#181  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muneebrocks

Hey can you tell me if I did this right?
I downloaded the adb installer and used method 1 v3
Now I also installed gps status let it try to connect to a satellite but after 10 min I closed the gps and it only got 1/1 however I was in the house near the window. Inspire 4G with android revolution rom.

Were you getting locks before? Are you using any other GPS fixing apps? It needs internet to get the data for aGPS. Is that activated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor_towney

I keep getting failed gps read only error

Were you getting locks before? Are you using any other GPS fixing apps? I need more information to assist...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
agps, gps, inspire, lock, slow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)