[ROM][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL] Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7)

Search This thread

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
Well hello!

Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29811287#post29811287

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
Now let's get to the facts:

• Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
  • This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
  • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
  • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
  • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
--------------------

Discussion thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)

Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
  • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
  • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
  • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
  • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Useful links:

Last edited by a moderator:

thachtunganh

Mar 19, 2011
Hà Nội - Hanoi
Version 0.a - 30 oct 2011
  • .32 kernel
Known bugs:
  • Bluetooth does not always work
  • Weird green line on top side of youtube HQ videos (OMX problem)
  • Sometimes after you input pin number might ask for network unlock code. Just hit dismiss
  • Crash in Settings->Status bar->Widget buttons order
  • Screenshot feature does not yet work. No framework support

Oh ****... i waitted for this long time ago :eek:
Thank you , popdog123!
Also , Will you switch to .35 kernel, it's better than .32 kernel :D

Reactions: Nachoavgo

RockR172

Jun 12, 2011
What the heck!! Great work..!!
Wanted this from a long time! Wont be able to test it as i dont have my phone..

Sent from my Dad's LG-P500 using XDA App

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Lol, im using Oxygen till now... Guys! Wait for popdog123 to finish the bugs off... The OXYGEN IS FREAKING AWESOME AND FAST... Three words

Minimalist.Powerful.Fast

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Human_dude_007

Jul 30, 2011
chennai
Sounds great!! Some screenies would be nice to form some sort of preview of how the rom would be for those who don't know about oxygen :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
Oxygen looks same as AOSP, it;s already mentioned in first post :D
If you don't know how AOSP looks, you can google it ;)

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Sounds great!! Some screenies would be nice to form some sort of preview of how the rom would be for those who don't know about oxygen :)

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Oxygen has alot of deleted apps... And this is some screenshots on my nexus one of the famous ICS Theme and Oxygen

dcff01a4-293d-cff8.jpg
dcff018a-2949-36a4.jpg
dcff0190-2956-e25a.jpg
dcff018e-295f-cebb.jpg
dcff0174-2977-5088.jpg

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

droidaem

Feb 6, 2011
Riga
but... can it make me coffee? :D

great job, mate. I wish you success with bugs' fixes. :)

Last edited:

popdog123

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
To answer some questions:

The screenshot problem was already discussed. If you really don't know anything about Oxygen a nice ol' google search would do. Also this is their official website (also found on google) off-topic: i find that google is a great way of finding information, don't you?

As for the .35 kernel i do want to implement it in a future release. I wanted to do it now but there were some big bugs going in terms of graphics with the .35. But i promise it will come in a future release. I also tried building with fserve's gbs kernel(.32) but there was no wireless... so i just kept franco's .32 kernel. Better stable and old than brand spanking new and unstable.

And you can use this for everyday. I use it everyday. I don't use bluetooth that much so i'm good :) Also, in my case i have better battery life than cyanogenmod. Probably because there are less apps in there.

Also thank you for your kind words everyone.

Reactions: toxicro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well hello!

Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29811287#post29811287

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
    Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
    Now let's get to the facts:

• Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
    • This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
    • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
    • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
    • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
    copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
    No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
    Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
    http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
    --------------------

Discussion thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)

Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
    • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
    • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
    • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
    • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Useful links:
    Changelog is now available and maintained in the google code project wiki.
    Hello again (after a long while)

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies were kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

I will not continue to work on Oxygen for the following reasons:
    - I simply don't have the time to do it and it also does not help me at all with what i'm studying (i'm a med student :D )
    - Oxygen 2.3.2 (GB) has reached a state where it is very stable for most of the users. I know there are still small bugs here and there but most of those are app related or simply features of stock AOSP GB that people don't like, but that really is the Google way. I am very proud of what i've done and glad that people enjoy it and use it daily.
    - I (personal opinion) believe that GB is the most we can squeeze out of this phone without sacrificing stability or performance. I think ICS is just not going to happen on this phone like GB is. There are a few ICS roms out there for our phone but none of them are nearly as stable or as fast as GB (not because of the developers of those roms of course, but because of lack of proprietary software that is in use in GB)
    - I don't have a powerful enough computer to make fast builds. There is nothing more frustrating than compiling 5-6 hours of code and putting it on the device just to see that it's not working. Horrible...

Thank you all for a great ride. It has been an honour to bring this rom to P500. I will still be here on the forum to answer any questions you may have and to enjoy the work that devs do.
    Care for some updates?

On Oxygen ICS i managed to fix wifi, ril, mass storage and gps... still to come: live wallpapers, camera...

Now i just need a nice new kernel for it...

Fixes will also come for Oxygen GB. Stay tuned :)
    New GB version uploaded. You can find both the download and the changelog at the usual location. Please check out the issues on the google code page and report on the ones that mention "NeedTesting". Hopefully this will be the last GB release.
    It's been a great run but it's time to work on ICS :D