this bad sunday i tried to open my brandnew Cat Nova Android Tablet.
It´s sold actually by Hugendubel and Weltbild.
It´s actual an cheap Android Tablet with Android 2.3
CPU is a TCC8033
it should have 1,2 Ghz but actual it seems to be only a 1 Ghz CPU.
Good site for Infos is http://androtab.info/
You could root it using the [APP]SuperOneClick v2.1.1for example. There is a little trick, found by a member of the http://www.android-hilfe.de Forum
DU musst aber wenn er bei Step 6 stehen bleibt einfach usb abziehen, USB Debug ausmachen..kurz connecten...dann wieder abziehen und wieder USB Debug an und reinstecken.
This method worked fine for me.
To open the Cat Nova:
1. remove any connections ( power, usb headphone, etc. )
2. remove sd-card ( if there is one inside )
3. carefully remove the rubber band that goes around the tablet. It is fixed from the inside on the underside left and right from the connectors. Don´t pull it out here !!!
4. start removing it by carefully pull it out for example on the upper edge.
Remove it around the whole table and let it hang on the bottom.
5. now you will see the screws which are around the tablet.
6. Pick up a little screwdriver an carefully remove the screws.
In my case there are 11 Screws.
7. Now begin to carefully open the backside of the tablet beginning at the top.
8. Be careful not to lose the Volume control wipe ( a little damn plastic part sitting inside only been hold by a little nothing )
Be also careful not to break anything on the bottom of the tablet
9. Voila Now the tablet should be open.
Be careful if you remove any of the shielded Tape as you may rip of any flat cable !
On the inside: EM86_V3 printed on the PCB
some unused connectors an pads
seems like there is a place for a mini pci connector and a
unused 10 pin connector
See more on the pictures please
Looking for CWM Recovery to flash an alternative ROM like CyanogenMod 7
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish