Thanks Meter: 70

By generic.imitation, Senior Member on 2nd August 2010, 01:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th October 2011, 02:38 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akanealw

I'm running CM7 and it has an option to hold Back to kill the app you're in. I do that when I exit google maps. I also use autostarts to keep maps from starting at boot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Were is that setting to kill when holding back? I used it as well and in the latest cm74gb build, I can't find it after I wiped data.

Sent from my CM7-ified Droid X

27th October 2011, 02:01 PM |#92  
Flag Sion
Thanks Meter: 870

More
Hello guys, i want to do a profile on my Tasker but now i can't find how. First i'm pretty new with tasker so be friendly

When i'm at home, i turn on the wifi and then turn off the 3G, and when i leave, i do the opposite (it's logical isn't it? lol).

So i want to make a profil that when i activate the wifi, 3G is turned off and when i desactivate Wifi, 3G is turned on ? Any idea guys ?
28th October 2011, 06:02 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Enable/Disable Key Guard
Do you guys use Tasker to enable/disable key guard under certain conditions? If yes, does it work reliably for you?

I have a profile that disables key guard when connected to wifi at home and it works sometimes, but not always. It also will re-enable the key guard when it is still connected to wifi. I'm just trying to find out your experiences with this particular feature.
29th October 2011, 02:33 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
could anyone help me make a toogle widget for brightness please?
I'd like the brightness to be 100 % when on, when off it goes back to original brightness or certain brightness

I googled it and what I could find is
1. 4 toogle widget brightness (annoying to keep touching your phone to change the brighness)
2. a way to make on/off toogle widget. It works fine with wi-fi on/off, GPS on/off, but when I implemented the brightness to the widget, the widget stopped working or could either do 1 brightness setting, not 2

thank's Guys
31st October 2011, 04:46 AM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent2005

Do you guys use Tasker to enable/disable key guard under certain conditions? If yes, does it work reliably for you?

I have a profile that disables key guard when connected to wifi at home and it works sometimes, but not always. It also will re-enable the key guard when it is still connected to wifi. I'm just trying to find out your experiences with this particular feature.

Yes it works reliably depending on the triggers. In your case probably because your wifi goes to sleep sometimes (or just out of range for eg.) and it triggers the exit task and gets tasker confused. If you used a more stable trigger eg. when phone is plugged into power or by time slots, you'll notice that the feature works all the time.

I personally use the Location trigger to off my keyguard at home at it works 90% of the time so perhaps you can consider using that.
The Following User Says Thank You to frenccw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frenccw Ad-Free
31st October 2011, 03:05 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewall

Hello guys, i want to do a profile on my Tasker but now i can't find how. First i'm pretty new with tasker so be friendly

When i'm at home, i turn on the wifi and then turn off the 3G, and when i leave, i do the opposite (it's logical isn't it? lol).

So i want to make a profil that when i activate the wifi, 3G is turned off and when i desactivate Wifi, 3G is turned on ? Any idea guys ?

As i mentioned in the above post i used the Location trigger - set it when you're at home and for the task go Net > Wifi > On. You can also add Net > Mobile Data 2g/3g to disable 3G if you are rooted (i haven't tried this though so do it at your own risk)

Tap the task again and add an exit task with the opposite ie. Wifi Off 3G On. Then you're set!
7th November 2011, 06:55 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've been using tasker for neigh-on a decade (hyperbole) and love more than certain members of my family (you know who you are!). Anyway, keep up the great work.
9th November 2011, 02:42 AM |#98  
Flag bensalem, pa
Thanks Meter: 228

More
can someone make a profile or instruct me for creation for setting up airplane mode from 4am to 10am but temp turn if off for an hour in between that timeframe to gather sms messages. something along this line would be fine too where i can just set the times myself. hate seeing a flood of sms in the morning
11th November 2011, 10:21 PM |#99  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
How I can take battery temp in tasker?
17th November 2011, 03:19 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Everyone asking for others to write profiles should try it out on your own first. Tasker is not that hard to setup:
http://tasker.wikidot.com/step-throughs

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyetheskin

can someone make a profile or instruct me for creation for setting up airplane mode from 4am to 10am but temp turn if off for an hour in between that timeframe to gather sms messages. something along this line would be fine too where i can just set the times myself. hate seeing a flood of sms in the morning

http://tasker.wikidot.com/airplanenight

just change the 15 minutes to 1 hour

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent2005

best way to do this is with a free app: https://market.android.com/details?i...ckwithwififree
17th November 2011, 06:30 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:

best way to do this is with a free app: https://market.android.com/details?i...ckwithwififree

I'm aware of this free app and I agree that it handles this "task" better than Tasker. I was hoping there was something in Tasker I could do that would give me equally good performance so I don't need two separate apps installed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)