[ROM][2.3.7][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Galaxy SL

Search This thread

falex007

Apr 3, 2011
Ottawa
Please, don't finish you development of CM7 for I9003... If you can't solve problems with camera, solve problems you can solve, please. Someone (like me) don't need camera too much. But there is a problem with audio players: they stop when device go to deep sleep. These players are PowerAMP and Astro Player. But MortPlayer works well. I even set Minimum CPU frequency to 1000MHz and governor to performance, but the players stop play music. When I press any button players continue to play music.

morofaya

Jun 20, 2011
Im still using the first night build of cm7 and im very happy with it..idc bout the camera we dont even have flashlight but code plz make this cm7 stable forget about the camera and tge crying morons ur the developer not them.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

Jun 20, 2011
I know all of our posts aren't helping at all, but after codeworkx request for documentation, i decided to take a look at camera driver.

and man was i surprized, 5000+ lines of code with minimal comments.

changing anything in this code is nothing less than finding a needle in a haystack

I believe that the progress codeworkx made so far is nothing less than GODLIKE

Thank you codeworkx for the tremendous effort you made and I hope people realise how hard you worked on our device and one day they would understand your current situation.

falex007

Apr 3, 2011
Ottawa
Lol you are good man :) you actually save time of some stupid who will search the same thing.

I don't care what people doing here just posting ****ty things.
They don't understand development needs time and they just want all thing within a snap.

I believe in code's work (he has all ready done magic with I9000) and you should too but don't irritate him and this things(buying , selling etc in development thread Really?) frustrating me and code is in all ready tense and working day, night hard for us. Even he resist from battlefield 3 what? This is something I can't resist.

So if you love this device ,forum or any thing in world just don't post anything irrelative here.

Regarding phone I love this phone this is best what I bought in my budget, still there no he games or app which can't be run my device.

If you think you brought this phone by mistake then you are a BIG moron who dont think before buy. Stop such things here it only shows US you are stupid . And also this comment de-motivate members here. I know many device which dont have cf-root, large numbers of themes.

Sure if I have more money then I will buy nexus, s2 or even optimus3D but don't post **** like this in this thread, ask in general section.

This is my first post in thread and I know I deserve 100 view here , I just want to say I will wait and looking for daily updated on cm7 for you untill I have my device with me :) till then I will keep my mouth shut.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree with you. I bought this device after Nokia 5800. And with Nokia there was WOW when developers ported Symbian^3 to it. But Symbian^3 was almost the same as Symbian 9.4 (also even now Nokia didn't port Symbian^3 to 5800 officially). For i9003 you can see how it's easy to create themes and ROM builds and Samsung ported GB to our device.

People why are you crying that Samsung cheated you? May be you was waiting the same support for i9003 as for i9000? But this means that you cheated yourself, not Samsung :) Because i9000 was flagman for 1 year and received a big community and received community support.

hemantgsmc.in

Sep 22, 2011
mumbai
keep up the good work!!!

@codeworkx
mate i have full faith in you...i am sure that you will succeed in sometime....
Forget the idiots abusing samsung or their own ****ty brains...we here,the i9003 community,however small or insignificant may be,fully support u and stand by you...thanks for ur time and hard work...i just urge u to keep up the good work...u shall succeed...thanks again...we here,still have hopes.....AND WE DONT CALL IT DEAD YET!!!!!

Reactions: FrequencyModder

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
Same feelings u people have expressed. Our phone is really like a best friend for mine. I brought this phone on my b'day. This is my first android phone. From that day till now I have experienced so many happy moments in my life. I have captured lots of photos, videos of my girl friend, friends, family. They all love love my phone alot.
I know that CM7 is great and even camera is also important but at this moment I will suggest that codeworkx should solve remaining problems except camera. After that he can look for camera. I can only say that CM7 is not an end of the world guys.
May be to solve camera problem codeworkx will need 3-4 months but till then why dont u guys enjoy other beautiful features of CM7...?

Last edited:
How often i have to tell, that hardware is not hardware?
The P970 is using a totally different camera sensor.
We're already using the sourcecode from p970.
Please don't talk about stuff you can't understand.
The only thing which is identical is, that they're both using the omap3 camera hal, but our ****ty CE147 camera is very special, slow and crappy.
There's another device which is using CE147. The GT-I9000. Maybe you can ask the I9000 CyanogenMod Developers. Oooooops, that was me (whole teamhacksung), too. Sorry.

Get me the documentation for NEC CE147 and i'll fit it!
Also gimme a very big book about Video4Linux2.

Sourcecode:
Manufactures are only forced to release sourcecode which is under GPL license. This is actually only the kernel and samsung has released the kernel sourcecode.
They've nothing done wrong!!! You'll not get more sourcecode because life is no pony-farm!!!

New device:
Get a Samsung device!!!
Samsung is the manufacturer who builds the best hardware. Samsung is also the fastes one on pushing out updates for their phones!
If you are very impatient, buy a google experience phone.

And now please stop...

Better ask a mod to close this thread...or else people will keep asking you the same question again:)

Thanks for your work:)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

wintux

Feb 22, 2009
[...]
I know that CM7 is great and even camera is also important but at this moment I will suggest that codeworkx should solve remaining problems except camera. After that he can look for camera.
[...]

I agree. I think codeworkx should leave camera as the last problem to solve... :)

Last edited:

Lordrdx666

Nov 24, 2010
Www.myspace.com
Listen to mizledz !!!!

Firstly, All the rage about selling / frisbee or flushing your phone has got to stop, Remember you bought the phone, this phone has potential, infact this phone for it's price range is WAY better than any other overpriced ****ing nokia that has wai---THE SAME BLOODY FEATURES COPY PASTED. I don't know if most of you realize this but nokia has had NOTHING, NOTHING NEW. For like 12 ****ing year's they have copy pasted the same **** over and over again and only the design and UI has changed, ever wondered why it's so user friendly? That's the reason why. Kinda like apple? So before the trash talk start's with this phone, remember this phone isn't expensive, rather it's the best for it's price compared to ripoffs like nokia's overpriced copy pasted **** and iPhone's 3G/3GS series and better yet, this phone still kick's iPhone 4's ass. You should know this by now. If not, lrn2Utube

This aggrivates and tires me to the point where I am somewhat ashamed at some of the reactions, yes I agree Samsung smacked us with the nerf bat here and probably bashed our phone with the same bat. What did you expect from this phone? To run Windows 7? Be glad this phone can run Windows 95 at most. I will place my words on this 70% of the smartphones that fall under the price range of our phone can't even do things like this. So please, think twice before you go rampant on how disgusted you are with this phone. I am disappointed I agree but God help you that the minute this phone picks up pace with a developer who collaborates with codeworksx , your probably going to be praising this phone. For once atleast be glad we may be getting ICS as their announcement stated GT-I9XXX, If they wanted to be specific they would have removed those XXX's and placed 000's

Also to those recommending kernel developer's , Quit it. omap3 isn't kernel related. It's like going to a surgeon for common cold and asking to get checked when clearly all you need are some antibiotics, you'd rather insist, "NO YOU NEED A SURGEON". Think about this carefully, If the problem was kernel related, wouldn't the CWM created by code be updated instead of this? If the problem really lied there, then why has he declared changes here and not there? Get the point?

What you need to do is search for dev's who are familiar with the similar hardware structure of the phone, or dev's who have dealt with this before. This may be Samsung's lab rat in assuming it was a better production than the I9000 but I am sure there are phones out there with similar hardware to ours.

/endrant

:eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::p:p:D:D THANKS BOSS........

someone please pay attention to what he has said... I hate to spam and reqoute such a large post.....

BUT people realize that we don't have too many devs... we have themers and ROM cooks...... :eek::eek::confused::confused::(:(

THIS isn't a bad thing.... :eek::eek:;):D

PEOPLE BUT PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING !!!!!!!

and watch this -

btw THANKS A LOT CODEWORXXXXXXX... UR DAA MAN !!

Last edited:

neojith

May 16, 2011
Kannur, Kerala
Thanks code.. But plz dnt stop developing cm7.. Within few days u gave us dis much progress, we cant even imagine how much work u put in.. U can port a stable cm7.. Plz take ur time.. Dnt stop.. Forgive our fellows disorderly conduct in the forum..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

vndlsm

Oct 8, 2011
Code, I can't hardly stress that you have contributed so much work on the sgSL community and to that my hats are off for you! I have no regrets buying this phone since I have reviewed it and read so much online about this phone not to mention this is my hard earn money well spent and I have been enjoying all this time :D

supergaijin

Jun 19, 2011
Honolulu
I would also like to join the petition for codeworks to finish everything he can and ignore the camera, leave it for someone else, if need be.

I can understand if you still want some time off to vent the frustration you built up from working with the camera, but don't give up, please!

mastercipo

Sep 15, 2011
even if he finish other things on this i9003 phone, it is still not supported by CM7 in order for CM7 to support this phone is to have all its functionality working smooth and flawlessly.

everyone should give up their hope on this and trash this phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazone...

Aug 17, 2011
Hope he will not give up. I wont, this is my first phone that I have bought my self, from my pocket with my sweat and blood from my overtime's and rest day works. I love this phone so much. Hope someone can take a look on our phone and help codeworkx fix the issues. Till then I will wait. Thanks Code for the hard work. We appreciate it. :)

JoyMoro

May 2, 2011
Mumbai
even if he finish other things on this i9003 phone, it is still not supported by CM7 in order for CM7 to support this phone is to have all its functionality working smooth and flawlessly.

everyone should give up their hope on this and trash this phone.

Why don't you give up buddy.? If you are so frustrated with this phone not getting c7 why you coming back to this thread again and again?
Why are you demoralizing others
here?

Many of us are happy with this fone.

@ code - thanks for your time and energy. Hope you have not given up totally.

Joymoro

Sent from my GT-I9003

pabreu

May 8, 2011
Margao
A request to all the members -

PLEASE STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD

no need of our kind inspirational or motivation talks.
Just because we donated the phone to Codeworkx doesn't mean that we can demand from him.
It's his phone now and he is the dev who has already worked his ass off for the phone.
Well I can atleast say I don't think he will let that whole hard work go to waste.
Let him decide when to continue the development.

If any comments then plz post on cyanogen q&a thread.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

arun_crsce

Oct 18, 2011
Faridabad
Hi
Please advise on how to degrade from CM7 to XXKPM because on direct flashing to XXKPM phone is getting into bootloop even after installing CWM boot PDA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    01.11.2011: http://www.multiupload.com/YMBHHU8B9A
    - fixed preview on back camera
    - preview is still overlapping option buttons on camera app
    touchscreen is fully fixed now :D, now it's working on any surface
    i will release a full rom with the touchscreen fix by tomorrow

things to finish for a beta release of cm7:
    1- fix the liboverlay (overly is messed out).
    2- fix the camera preview (after taking a picture).
    3- fix the video capturing.
    4- fix the vibration.
    5- fix DSPmanager.
    Hello all,

Before saying any thing i just want to point for something that we are all here respect each others and we have one goal to get a stable working rom for this device.

I want to make somthing clear the drivers am using are opensourced by samsung using them is not against CM gude lines. Even the first 2 releases of this port that codeworkx released have the samsung drivers "kernel" and i used a newer version of these drivers that samsung has released. So am not developing any thing unoffical.

This is what open source is meant for why to develop somthing from zero if you have its source just use it and make it better.

I hope that every thing is clear now :)

When i was talking about $$$ i meant that guys whom developed the drivers they did tha because they ate getting payed to do that, am not looking for any $$$ or samsung to hire me am just doing that to help.

Thank you all.
    ToDo:
    - Camera Parameters (libcamera)
    - Zoom, Auto Focus, and probably much more (libcamera)
    - Crash while switching cameras (S5KA3DFX: Could not request GPIO 152, CE147: Could not request GPIO 152)
    - Video Recording (libcamera)
    - Overall Graphics Performance
    - Touch Sensitivity
    - DSP-Manager FCs (proprietary libaudio)

Download:
    05.11.2011: http://www.multiupload.com/SGI6Y6W5H9
    - overlay: fixed the overlapping issue, makes camera controls visible