Thanks Meter: 425

By Technomancer, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2011, 12:36 AM |#2181  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,162

Donate to Me
More
Hey technomancer, you should check this out: https://github.com/jt1134/android_ke...349ed5d1f3b7d8

Also needs liboverlay, libstagefrighthw, and sec_mm from aries (lightly modified to include correct headers). You can find those on my github in the vzwtab device tree also

Hope this helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jt1134 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jt1134 Ad-Free

2nd November 2011, 05:45 AM |#2182  
Canada
Thanks Meter: 9

More
^^thks for the newest update; appreciate it!!

BTW; although I read the 1st post with the update and the last few pages I have a quick question. Can i update directly via heimdall; or do i need to flash/reboot or do something additional before or after flashing??

Thks!!
2nd November 2011, 11:11 AM |#2183  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Update 2011-11-02
This should fix wifi issues from previous update, but make sure to delete /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and reboot.
yes, you will lose your stored APs but it is necessary because the config template changed.
2011-11-02
use android socket for wpa_supplicant control interface. anyone upgrading to this version please delete their /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
thanks to jt1134, removed extra field in mfc interface in kernel which prevented it from working with aries OMX libraries
updated media_profiles.xml to expose 1024x600 and 800x600 resolutions for camcorder. its not perfect but at least video recording works now. front cam produces broken video.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Technomancer Ad-Free
2nd November 2011, 01:39 PM |#2184  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
If Im reading correctly this update makes video record sorta functional?

Thats the only thing that has held me back from cm7 on the tab..

:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
2nd November 2011, 02:21 PM |#2185  
Thanks Meter: 1,932

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

updated media_profiles.xml to expose 1024x600 and 800x600 resolutions for camcorder. its not perfect but at least video recording works now. front cam produces broken video.

Yay! Video recording works!
Thanks @Technomancer!

- Tapatalk - SGT-P1000N - CM7 Beta -
2nd November 2011, 02:30 PM |#2186  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neubauej

If Im reading correctly this update makes video record sorta functional?

Thats the only thing that has held me back from cm7 on the tab..

:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Rear camera now records video fine . Front camera records but the playback is corrupt. No big deal.

Not sure, but we now also seem to play HD videos more smoothly than before? HW acceleration didn't always work on certain videos but now it seems pretty good on the few I've played. CM7 is now pretty much close to complete on the Tab, just in time for ICS code to drop and get us busy again .
2nd November 2011, 06:07 PM |#2187  
Canada
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul

^^thks for the newest update; appreciate it!!

BTW; although I read the 1st post with the update and the last few pages I have a quick question. Can i update directly via heimdall; or do i need to flash/reboot or do something additional before or after flashing??

Thks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

This should fix wifi issues from previous update, but make sure to delete /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and reboot.
yes, you will lose your stored APs but it is necessary because the config template changed.
2011-11-02
use android socket for wpa_supplicant control interface. anyone upgrading to this version please delete their /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
thanks to jt1134, removed extra field in mfc interface in kernel which prevented it from working with aries OMX libraries

How do i go about to <to delete /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and reboot.?>
2nd November 2011, 06:36 PM |#2188  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul

How do i go about to <to delete /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and reboot.?>

I believe CM7 on this tab has filesystem mounted by default as read-write so just fire up the file manager and navigate to /data/misc/wifi and delete the file. If the filesystem is read-only then something like Root Explorer from the market can do remounts as read-write.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulshields For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulshields Ad-Free
2nd November 2011, 07:39 PM |#2189  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshields

Rear camera now records video fine . Front camera records but the playback is corrupt. No big deal.

Not sure, but we now also seem to play HD videos more smoothly than before? HW acceleration didn't always work on certain videos but now it seems pretty good on the few I've played. CM7 is now pretty much close to complete on the Tab, just in time for ICS code to drop and get us busy again .

That is correct. After fixing MFC interface in kernel the OMX libraries that accelerate video encode and decode work much better. So VideoPlayer app and other players that use Android for decode should work much better and possibly use less power. Anything that uses ffmpeg like mPlayer will still work the same.
2nd November 2011, 09:01 PM |#2190  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
Angry Attention volunteers ;)
For further camera improvements we will need more information about parameters that the camera app sends to libcamera on stock ROM.
I will prepare little camera wrapper that will log this information to Android log, but I need some volunteer who is switching ROMs a lot who doesn't mind renaming libcamera, pushing the wrapper to /system/lib and giving the camera app some exercise to capture the parameters.
2nd November 2011, 11:49 PM |#2191  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 48

More
thanks for update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)