1,762 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,668

By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd November 2011, 11:54 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
It is a different process for every phone. But I saw a "stickies" thread in the sensation android development section. They say that their guide is noobproof... :)

Without root LMT will never run on your device...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
4th November 2011, 11:11 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Just tested LMT on my old HD2 with Android on it: It works fine! Just set the input device for the TouchService to "0". Has someone here a rooted Sensation and can test LMT? I think it should also work...
The Following User Says Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
4th November 2011, 11:49 PM |#23  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Holy sh...mucks! Finally LMT on my HD2 also in its Android incarnation!
I thanked you in every single post and voted 5 stars this thread on trust alone, even before downloading the apk, and if the rest of you don't do the same right now I'll find you and bash you!

Tested it on Hyperdroid (CM7), and it does its job very well
I only associated home back and menu actions for now, since I hate pressing hardware keys on this phone after I sent it back because end key killed the digitizer.

You really should add a shortcut to "Endcall" action together with home/back/menu/search/longpress, but anyway for future reference, that function is covered by keycode_6, while keycode_5 is dial button, at least on the HD2 Now double-swype-down is shutdown, and drouble-swype-up is dialer.

What to say... GREAT!

While I loved the overlay on WM6.5, I kind of find it too longlasting in Android, so I disabled it for the time being, and hoping for a custom value in settings to choose ms duration
Also, but probably it's just the phone computing the gesture path, there seems to be a lag between the gesture drawing and the action run.
More single-finger gestures would be always welcome, not having to move the other arm to reach the screen while you're holding the phone with one hand is great, and using two differenet fingers of the same hand you're holding the phone with, to do a double gesture, can get very tricky Maybe re-enabling tap-n-hold would help in that, but still, single finger gestures rock!

BTW guys, you should really vote this thread to the Portal using "submit to portal" link on top right
4th November 2011, 11:57 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ephestione

Holy sh...mucks! Finally LMT on my HD2 also in its Android incarnation!
I thanked you in every single post and voted 5 stars this thread on trust alone, even before downloading the apk, and if the rest of you don't do the same right now I'll find you and bash you!

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Tested it on Hyperdroid (CM7), and it does its job very well
I only associated home back and menu actions, since I hate pressing hardware keys on this phone after I sent it back because end key killed the digitizer.

You really should add a shortcut to "Endcall" action together with home/back/menu/search/longpress, but anyway for future reference, that function is covered by keycode_6, while keycode_5 is dial button, at least on the HD2

What to say... GREAT!

While I loved the overlay on WM6.5, I kind of find it too long in Android, so I disabled it for the time being, and hoping for a custom value in settings to choose ms duration
Also, but probably it's just the phone computing the gesture path, there seems to be a lag between the gesture drawing and the action run.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

BTW guys, you should really vote this thread to the Porta using "submit to portal" link on top right

Thanks for testing it! I also disabled the gesture overlay because it is a little bit too long! But with Android's toaster mechanism you can only use predefined durations. I think I have to implement my own overlay to be able to set the duration manually...

Lag? I don't see any lag between the gesture and showing the overlay on my side. Sometimes Android takes a little bit time to react on the command afterwards...
5th November 2011, 12:10 AM |#25  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname81

Lag? I don't see any lag between the gesture and showing the overlay on my side. Sometimes Android takes a little bit time to react on the command afterwards...

Yep, that's exactly what happens, overlay is there immediately... so, silly me, rather there is a delay between the overlay appearance and the associated command effect.
Since this happens also on your evo3d, must not be a surprise on my Leo which is slower, and surely depends on Android itself.
Anyway, I just disabled zmooth thanks to you
6th November 2011, 07:21 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Uploaded v0.2 which added HTC Sensation support! See first post...
6th November 2011, 08:19 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 587

More
Question Toggle WiFi BT etc.
Thanks for this app. Upgraded to v0.2 Works after I set the following input device for my
HTC HD2 -> 0
Question: how can I set gestures to toggle BlueTooth (BT), Screen orientation, Vibration, WiFi etc.
Cheers
Tom
6th November 2011, 08:45 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczepanik

Thanks for this app. Upgraded to v0.2 Works after I set the following input device for my
HTC HD2 -> 0
Question: how can I set gestures to toggle BlueTooth (BT), Screen orientation, Vibration, WiFi etc.
Cheers
Tom

Not yet implemented, but this should be easy. Will put it on my todo list for v0.3...
The Following User Says Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
7th November 2011, 03:28 PM |#29  
Flag Campinas - SP
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Awesome!

v0.2 is working in my rooted HTC Desire HD (Android Revolution HD 6.1 ROM).

Desire HD -> Input Device 3

:-O :D

By the way, why didn't anyone told that after changing the input device I should stop and start the TouchService? :)

Anyway, it's working! I just need to figure out more about keycodes and application names and scripts...

noname81, congratulations!
7th November 2011, 08:52 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakira

Awesome!

v0.2 is working in my rooted HTC Desire HD (Android Revolution HD 6.1 ROM).

Desire HD -> Input Device 3

:-O :D

By the way, why didn't anyone told that after changing the input device I should stop and start the TouchService? :)

Anyway, it's working! I just need to figure out more about keycodes and application names and scripts...

noname81, congratulations!

Thanks for testing! :) I added the DesireHD to the first post!
8th November 2011, 09:59 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Nice!

I loved this program when I was still running wimo.
Very glad to see it ported to android!

edit: tested on HD2 [MAG/cLK] NexusHD2-Gingerbread V3.2a (GWK74)(Android 2.3.7)[tytung_r13] nand.
using device set input = 0

The action is immediate, but it seems the overlay is drawn three times with a light delay in between.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)