HP touchpad for all Indian wannabe touchpad owners

Search This thread

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Here is a good deal I found on ebay India, if you missed the firesale or don't have anyone in US to ship it to you or carry it for you - and don't trust yourself to handle to shipping and customs yourself - you can buy it here - a little expensive - but cheap for a tab of such hardware, and now that Android is there on it ;)

Worth the 350$ - as it includes shipping and customs :p

I don't know the seller, but have bought stuff from them - pretty good - but takes 3 weeks to get stuff - so if u want one :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/HP-TouchPad-...5?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3f0ebcdf75

But again, I or anyone at XDA staff does not take any responsibility for this ;)

Willieumm

Oct 4, 2010
That doesn't seem like a very good deal to me? Those were selling for $149 during the firesale. So you're saying that $200 for shipping it to India is a good price?

Feeshie

Jan 20, 2011
That doesn't seem like a very good deal to me? Those were selling for $149 during the firesale. So you're saying that $200 for shipping it to India is a good price?

Lol. Read this wrong. Thought you meant $200 for an HP Touchpad and he is right it is too much. You can get one in the US for $200.

Last edited:

crush

Dec 22, 2010
Why go for a TP for 350$? Get a Asus TF instead or GTab if you want VFM.

I sold my 32GB TP for $280 for which i paid a lot of customs and shipping haha. I don't think its a good deal on ebay. Also the seller cart2...... is just plain bogus, they order your goods after you finish your order on ebay :)

I agree with archat once can get a better Device for those 350 which is TF, galaxy tab, even gtab is better.

madnish30

Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Read what I said, it's only a good price for those people who don't want to ship it to India themselves or don;t have anyone to bring it from US.

Hardware is same as any other tab and that costs 600-700$, so 350$ is not bad compared.

Your opinion, you can have it ;)

But, 149$ was NOT a realistic price, better to get over that - even HP has.

@Crush : How much customs you paid for it ? You got it for 280$+customs+shipping ? Can you explain :)

And i don't know about the seller at all - bought twice items were small and reached in time - were exactly the same price as US price.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Just to clear this up for anyone who isn't quite grasping what this thread is about, madnish30 is providing a link to eBay India. If you don't live in India, or need a Touchpad shipped to India, then why are you even posting in this thread?

$150 is NOT a reasonable price for ANY Touchpad. GTF over it. Consider it a one time sale price. US resales of the Touchpad seem to have settled at $200 and $250 for the 16GB and 32GB models respectively.

Considering this and the cost of shipping to India from the US, plus the time it takes to get through customs, $350 isn't a bad price for this tablet. The Touchpad has very good hardware, and is worth the $350 even in the US. It was never worth the full $650 retail price that it originally was, but that's another story.

So, in short, if you don't have any reason to need a Touchpad delivered to India, then don't post in this thread. It really is that simple.

Reactions: madnish30

madnish30

Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Exactly, well summed up CFB :)

The touchpad is worth 350$ or more itself, for the hardware _ functionality and the OS too - I agree it's no Galaxy tab, but hey that Galaxy tab comes for 700$ not cheap ! And this is for 350$ for almost the same hardware.

Besides, inclding customs and shipping the seller is earn around 30$ a shipment which is not bad !

250$ is the average cost in US today, so 350$ by no means is bad for India that too including customs !

149$ was a throwaway price, but seriously one need to get over it, it's long gone - and those lucky people who saved a 100$ good for them !

Again, I shared a deal - but nobody is compeling you to buy, you can keep looking maybe one day you find one for 50$ or maybe not ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to clear this up for anyone who isn't quite grasping what this thread is about, madnish30 is providing a link to eBay India. If you don't live in India, or need a Touchpad shipped to India, then why are you even posting in this thread?

$150 is NOT a reasonable price for ANY Touchpad. GTF over it. Consider it a one time sale price. US resales of the Touchpad seem to have settled at $200 and $250 for the 16GB and 32GB models respectively.

Considering this and the cost of shipping to India from the US, plus the time it takes to get through customs, $350 isn't a bad price for this tablet. The Touchpad has very good hardware, and is worth the $350 even in the US. It was never worth the full $650 retail price that it originally was, but that's another story.

So, in short, if you don't have any reason to need a Touchpad delivered to India, then don't post in this thread. It really is that simple.