FORUMS

Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 145

By ajeet17181, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 01:12 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
2nd November 2011, 04:07 AM |#161  
Flag Hyrule
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.

I've been too busy to play around with Android lately, but I'm still interested in this project. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do what you suggested. What is adb, and how do I tell if it's running? And what keys do I have to press to see dmesg output? And is all of this done in WM or in Android?

On another note, I tried www's cyanogenmod on my LG IQ tonight, and it worked quite well. I tried the alpha 3 version. It took longer to boot than Ajeet's 2.3.5 version I tried, which booted in under a minute. Cyanogen took 4 or 5 minutes to boot, and it let me get to the home screen and play around with a few things. The touch screen and keyboard are still off by too much to type anything (e.g. typing an "a" resulted in a "d" and typing delete/backspace resulted in a 'k'. Touch the very bottom of the delete button would produce an 'm').

I did notice that pressing the fingerprint scanner button three times always took me back to the home screen.
2nd November 2011, 01:28 PM |#162  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 15

More
guys i have question about video playback. in winmo 6.5 it can play 720P mp4 videos flawlessly in windows media player. but in android i cant seem to be able to play them at all. can you tell me a good player that i can use to play 720p videos on android? hope there is some app that can do that
2nd November 2011, 02:49 PM |#163  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

guys i have question about video playback. in winmo 6.5 it can play 720P mp4 videos flawlessly in windows media player. but in android i cant seem to be able to play them at all. can you tell me a good player that i can use to play 720p videos on android? hope there is some app that can do that

720p is disabled in kernel also in android you have to use 2.3.7 image i have uploaded earlier. I am doing kernel cleanup will upload 720p kernel after that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
2nd November 2011, 05:38 PM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

720p is disabled in kernel also in android you have to use 2.3.7 image i have uploaded earlier. I am doing kernel cleanup will upload 720p kernel after that

ajeet, can you make git repo for kernel? I think this is a easier to develop with version control. I can't upload sources to git, because i have slow (1mbit\sec) upload speed.

And - have you any news about kernel?

Please, add my modifications to kernel - change nvram path and buttons mapping (see my post on page 13).

P.S Have you any Instant Messengers? Such as icq (aim), jabber, etc?
p.p.s little request - can you fix fbconsole for me? kernel is not compiling with fbconsole
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
3rd November 2011, 01:14 AM |#165  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

ajeet, can you make git repo for kernel? I think this is a easier to develop with version control. I can't upload sources to git, because i have slow (1mbit\sec) upload speed.

And - have you any news about kernel?

Please, add my modifications to kernel - change nvram path and buttons mapping (see my post on page 13).

P.S Have you any Instant Messengers? Such as icq (aim), jabber, etc?
p.p.s little request - can you fix fbconsole for me? kernel is not compiling with fbconsole

what is the error message you are getting ?
i am available on gtalk my id is ajeet.vijay_at_gmail.com
3rd November 2011, 09:21 PM |#166  
Flag Tbilisi

More
guys can you do something about the microphone?
5th November 2011, 04:55 PM |#167  
Flag Tbilisi

More
ajeet do you think you can do anything about accelerometer?
5th November 2011, 07:50 PM |#168  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes Right now working on MIC issue will see after that , www2827 can you write detailed steps for how to compile you cynogen mod build
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
6th November 2011, 06:10 AM |#169  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes Right now working on MIC issue will see after that , www2827 can you write detailed steps for how to compile you cynogen mod build

1) Install repo and download android sources:
Code:
mkdir -p ~/bin
mkdir -p ~/fathom/system

curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

cd ~/fathom/system/
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync -j16
2) Clone my cyanogen vendor and fathom device repos:
If you don't want to remove stock cyanogen vendor folder and replacing it by me, you can try to patch it with this
Code:
cd ~/fathom/system/vendor/
rm -r cyanogen
git clone git://github.com/www2287/android_vendor_cyanogen.git
mv android_vendor_cyanogen cyanogen

cd ~/fathom/system/device/lge/
git clone git://github.com/www2287/android_device_lge_fathom.git
mv android_device_lge_fathom fathom
3) Build it:
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch (choose cyanogen-fathom)
mka
4) After build complete, you should compile ramdisk and create ext2 system partition manually
4.1) Ramdisk:
Code:
cd ~/fathom/
git clone git://github.com/www2287/fathom_ramdisk.git
cd fathom_ramdisk
mkdir cpf
cd cpf
cp -ar ~/fathom/system/out/target/product/fathom/root/ .
cd ~/fathom/fathom_ramdisk
mkbootfs fathom_ramdisk | gzip > initrd.gz
4.2) System:
Get system.ext2 image from my build and place it to ~/
Code:
sudo mount -t ext2 -o loop ~/system.ext2 /mnt
sudo rm -r /mnt/*
cd /mnt
sudo unyaffs ~/fathom/system/out/product/fathom/system.img
cd ~
sudo umount /mnt
You should run unyaffs tool with root perms for owner and groups save after decompressing system.img

unyaffs and mkbootfs you can find in ~/fathom/system/out/host bla bla bla (find ot manually )

If you have any questions - write here or to PM, or to Google Chat. I will help you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
6th November 2011, 11:53 AM |#170  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

accelerometer is working (because cat /dev/bma150 outputs sensor values to dmesg), but we need implement support for it in libsensors.
proximity sensor works too (we can test it from /sys dir), but i don't know how to read /dev/input/event4 (proximity event file) from libsensor.
I think, Ajeet can implement this.
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
6th November 2011, 04:29 PM |#171  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

accelerometer is working (because cat /dev/bma150 outputs sensor values to dmesg), but we need implement support for it in libsensors.
proximity sensor works too (we can test it from /sys dir), but i don't know how to read /dev/input/event4 (proximity event file) from libsensor.
I think, Ajeet can implement this.

and if you fix accelerometer will we be able to use it in games? cause on win mobile games it didn't work
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread