Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

Search This thread

velvet_man

Nov 12, 2010
Hyrule
for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.

I've been too busy to play around with Android lately, but I'm still interested in this project. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do what you suggested. What is adb, and how do I tell if it's running? And what keys do I have to press to see dmesg output? And is all of this done in WM or in Android?

On another note, I tried www's cyanogenmod on my LG IQ tonight, and it worked quite well. I tried the alpha 3 version. It took longer to boot than Ajeet's 2.3.5 version I tried, which booted in under a minute. Cyanogen took 4 or 5 minutes to boot, and it let me get to the home screen and play around with a few things. The touch screen and keyboard are still off by too much to type anything (e.g. typing an "a" resulted in a "d" and typing delete/backspace resulted in a 'k'. Touch the very bottom of the delete button would produce an 'm').

I did notice that pressing the fingerprint scanner button three times always took me back to the home screen.

Giorgi-geo

Oct 5, 2011
Tbilisi
guys i have question about video playback. in winmo 6.5 it can play 720P mp4 videos flawlessly in windows media player. but in android i cant seem to be able to play them at all. can you tell me a good player that i can use to play 720p videos on android? hope there is some app that can do that

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
guys i have question about video playback. in winmo 6.5 it can play 720P mp4 videos flawlessly in windows media player. but in android i cant seem to be able to play them at all. can you tell me a good player that i can use to play 720p videos on android? hope there is some app that can do that

720p is disabled in kernel also in android you have to use 2.3.7 image i have uploaded earlier. I am doing kernel cleanup will upload 720p kernel after that

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
720p is disabled in kernel also in android you have to use 2.3.7 image i have uploaded earlier. I am doing kernel cleanup will upload 720p kernel after that

ajeet, can you make git repo for kernel? I think this is a easier to develop with version control. I can't upload sources to git, because i have slow (1mbit\sec) upload speed.

And - have you any news about kernel?

Please, add my modifications to kernel - change nvram path and buttons mapping (see my post on page 13).

P.S Have you any Instant Messengers? Such as icq (aim), jabber, etc?
p.p.s little request - can you fix fbconsole for me? kernel is not compiling with fbconsole :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Giorgi-geo

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
ajeet, can you make git repo for kernel? I think this is a easier to develop with version control. I can't upload sources to git, because i have slow (1mbit\sec) upload speed.

And - have you any news about kernel?

Please, add my modifications to kernel - change nvram path and buttons mapping (see my post on page 13).

P.S Have you any Instant Messengers? Such as icq (aim), jabber, etc?
p.p.s little request - can you fix fbconsole for me? kernel is not compiling with fbconsole :rolleyes:

what is the error message you are getting ?
i am available on gtalk my id is ajeet.vijay_at_gmail.com

Last edited:

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
Yes Right now working on MIC issue will see after that , www2827 can you write detailed steps for how to compile you cynogen mod build

1) Install repo and download android sources:
Code:
mkdir -p ~/bin
mkdir -p ~/fathom/system

curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

cd ~/fathom/system/
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync -j16

2) Clone my cyanogen vendor and fathom device repos:
If you don't want to remove stock cyanogen vendor folder and replacing it by me, you can try to patch it with this
Code:
cd ~/fathom/system/vendor/
rm -r cyanogen
git clone git://github.com/www2287/android_vendor_cyanogen.git
mv android_vendor_cyanogen cyanogen

cd ~/fathom/system/device/lge/
git clone git://github.com/www2287/android_device_lge_fathom.git
mv android_device_lge_fathom fathom

3) Build it:
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch (choose cyanogen-fathom)
mka

4) After build complete, you should compile ramdisk and create ext2 system partition manually
4.1) Ramdisk:
Code:
cd ~/fathom/
git clone git://github.com/www2287/fathom_ramdisk.git
cd fathom_ramdisk
mkdir cpf
cd cpf
cp -ar ~/fathom/system/out/target/product/fathom/root/ .
cd ~/fathom/fathom_ramdisk
mkbootfs fathom_ramdisk | gzip > initrd.gz

4.2) System:
Get system.ext2 image from my build and place it to ~/
Code:
sudo mount -t ext2 -o loop ~/system.ext2 /mnt
sudo rm -r /mnt/*
cd /mnt
sudo unyaffs ~/fathom/system/out/product/fathom/system.img
cd ~
sudo umount /mnt
You should run unyaffs tool with root perms for owner and groups save after decompressing system.img

unyaffs and mkbootfs you can find in ~/fathom/system/out/host bla bla bla (find ot manually :D)

If you have any questions - write here or to PM, or to Google Chat. I will help you.

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
ajeet do you think you can do anything about accelerometer?

accelerometer is working (because cat /dev/bma150 outputs sensor values to dmesg), but we need implement support for it in libsensors.
proximity sensor works too (we can test it from /sys dir), but i don't know how to read /dev/input/event4 (proximity event file) from libsensor.
I think, Ajeet can implement this.

Giorgi-geo

Oct 5, 2011
Tbilisi
accelerometer is working (because cat /dev/bma150 outputs sensor values to dmesg), but we need implement support for it in libsensors.
proximity sensor works too (we can test it from /sys dir), but i don't know how to read /dev/input/event4 (proximity event file) from libsensor.
I think, Ajeet can implement this.

and if you fix accelerometer will we be able to use it in games? cause on win mobile games it didn't work

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
New RIL

Ajeet and I have news for you:

we tried to use HTC Incredible S (viwov) RIL and this give us a little success:
1) Fast GSM network finding (there is no signal strength, operator name, operator finding now)
2) Incoming calls (answer and decline is't working)
3) SMS receiving (buggy-wuggy)

But this is really unstable.
We present new experimental build when we can.

Giorgi-geo

Oct 5, 2011
Tbilisi
Ajeet and I have news for you:

we tried to use HTC Incredible S (viwov) RIL and this give us a little success:
1) Fast GSM network finding (there is no signal strength, operator name, operator finding now)
2) Incoming calls (answer and decline is't working)
3) SMS receiving (buggy-wuggy)

But this is really unstable.
We present new experimental build when we can.

are you saying that calls didn't work before? cause for me they did (but hang up button didn't) and sms worked too, send and recieve. in your cyanogenmod build

Giorgi-geo

Oct 5, 2011
Tbilisi
guys don't forget this thread please ))) . i got one question. why is battery life so short? on idle it loses 50% in about 10 hours (100% in a day). and when playing or watching videos even faster, but thats not a surprise. the problem is idle. only one day is very bad.
ajeet i would install your 2.2 again cause it was faster (now i have 2.3.7 that www posted) but one major problem with that one was fn key functions were messed up, do you think you can do something about it?

also can anyone write down what is and is not working in those versions (2.2 - 2.3.7) so we can compare? thanks

and one more thing, not related to android. i see you two are also outside us, could you get gps working? (on winmo) i tried many things but could not get it to work. i use gsm/umts mode, does it even matter what i set if i'm outside of us?

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
guys don't forget this thread please ))) . i got one question. why is battery life so short? on idle it loses 50% in about 10 hours (100% in a day). and when playing or watching videos even faster, but thats not a surprise. the problem is idle. only one day is very bad.
ajeet i would install your 2.2 again cause it was faster (now i have 2.3.7 that www posted) but one major problem with that one was fn key functions were messed up, do you think you can do something about it?

also can anyone write down what is and is not working in those versions (2.2 - 2.3.7) so we can compare? thanks

and one more thing, not related to android. i see you two are also outside us, could you get gps working? (on winmo) i tried many things but could not get it to work. i use gsm/umts mode, does it even matter what i set if i'm outside of us?
we don't forget about this thread. we are working on new release.
battery life is so short because suspend mode is working not fully in alpha3. in new kernel ajeet fixed that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source code

http://www.multiupload.com/4ECGKXPYJW

[Steps]
    Extract above tar.gz in / and then
    Download CodeSourcy Compiler from here
    https://sourcery.mentor.com/sgpp/li...rm-none-eabi/arm-2011.03-42-arm-none-eabi.bin
    Install above C compiler then issue following command in source directory extracted above

make ARCH=arm tsunagi_defconfig
    make -j16 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/arm-2011.03/bin/arm-none-eabi- zImage

When this steps complete you will get zImage in arch/arm/boot folder

New Image Android 2.2.1 with Audio , WiFi + AP mode , Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/HFZUWFNX0I

Just extract above file to \Storage Card and go to \Stroage Card\2.2 click on CLRCAD (4-5 times) and then click on Haret

(In this version there is no need to copy nvram.txt to \Storage Card)

New Image Android 2.3.5 with WIFI and Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/QUT30LPS8K

extract to SD card and then go to \Storage card\fathom
    Click on clrcad 4-5 times and then click on haret

For wifi it is must to copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card
    if it is difficult to copy from windows folder use attached one

[Note : In this version i have disabled fb console so you will not see any text while booting so wait at least wait 5 min if none appears do soft reboot and then retry]

I have worked on Toshiba kernel and ported that kernel for LG fathom.

As of Now following Works
    GSM (Partially)
    Battery
    TouchScreen
    3D
    Audio (only through front speaker)
    Keypad (Need some work with Fn key)
    Battery
    USB (start haret while usb connected)
    USB Mass Storage and ADB
    wifi

Not working
    Bluetooth
    Vibrator

Issue( Solved now)
    1) Screen will flicker when USB cable was removed. workaround is to set any live wallpaper.

How to run

extract files on Storage card
    goto /Storage Card/tg01
    click 4-5 times on clrcad
    and then run haret-pre-0.5.3-20100625_144828-QSD8250-ONLY.exe

http://www.multiupload.com/GK0FCMUVX6

for wifi extract following file and put replace zImage with this one and copy bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules also copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card

Link for wifi

http://www.multiupload.com/DOEAA1JXCD
    Froyo

First post updated with 2.2.1 Image and that is very very fast compare to 2.3.5
    Fixed Bluetooth , Audio and WiFi
    Enjoy.
    so some sort of good news from my side is 3g is working fully now and also 3d sensor is working, Yes i am able to play games based on gravity sensor:) .

I am now fixing tethering then i will upload new image mean while keep donating .
    Audio Fix Test zImage

zImage for speakerphone audio pls test and reply

http://www.multiupload.com/MDE938Y9XY

as of now audio working only through speakerphone
    Great Job Ajeet! :)

Guys,

Just want to confirm, i tried running it on eXpo but it just gets stuck at Haret, tried clicking CLRCDR 4-5 & more times but nothing! So, has anyone able to load Android on their eXpo or is it just Fathom?

This is only for fathom and may not work with expo.