FORUMS

Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 145

By ajeet17181, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 01:12 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
6th November 2011, 04:29 PM |#171  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

accelerometer is working (because cat /dev/bma150 outputs sensor values to dmesg), but we need implement support for it in libsensors.
proximity sensor works too (we can test it from /sys dir), but i don't know how to read /dev/input/event4 (proximity event file) from libsensor.
I think, Ajeet can implement this.

and if you fix accelerometer will we be able to use it in games? cause on win mobile games it didn't work
6th November 2011, 04:50 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

and if you fix accelerometer will we be able to use it in games? cause on win mobile games it didn't work

yes, it is. I believe we can't use accel on winmo games, because our phone has diffrent accel api layer, than HTC.
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
11th November 2011, 06:46 PM |#173  

Donate to Me
More
New RIL
Ajeet and I have news for you:

we tried to use HTC Incredible S (viwov) RIL and this give us a little success:
1) Fast GSM network finding (there is no signal strength, operator name, operator finding now)
2) Incoming calls (answer and decline is't working)
3) SMS receiving (buggy-wuggy)

But this is really unstable.
We present new experimental build when we can.
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
11th November 2011, 11:50 PM |#174  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:

Ajeet and I have news for you:

we tried to use HTC Incredible S (viwov) RIL and this give us a little success:
1) Fast GSM network finding (there is no signal strength, operator name, operator finding now)
2) Incoming calls (answer and decline is't working)
3) SMS receiving (buggy-wuggy)

But this is really unstable.
We present new experimental build when we can.

are you saying that calls didn't work before? cause for me they did (but hang up button didn't) and sms worked too, send and recieve. in your cyanogenmod build
12th November 2011, 07:16 AM |#175  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

are you saying that calls didn't work before? cause for me they did (but hang up button didn't) and sms worked too, send and recieve. in your cyanogenmod build

Outgoing calls is working in alpha3. You can hang call by touch to "hold call" button and touch to hangup button after it.

sms is not working for me in alpha3, and incoming calls too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
12th November 2011, 04:30 PM |#176  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:

Outgoing calls is working in alpha3. You can hang call by touch to "hold call" button and touch to hangup button after it.

sms is not working for me in alpha3, and incoming calls too.

yes sorry incoming calls and outgoing sms don't work just checked

waiting for next build )
13th November 2011, 04:28 AM |#177  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yes sorry incoming calls and outgoing sms don't work just checked

waiting for next build )

Outgoing SMS will not be easy to fix as AT+CSCA command is not allowed by modem. We have to figure out other way to do this
The Following User Says Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 11:22 PM |#178  
Flag Tbilisi

More
guys don't forget this thread please ))) . i got one question. why is battery life so short? on idle it loses 50% in about 10 hours (100% in a day). and when playing or watching videos even faster, but thats not a surprise. the problem is idle. only one day is very bad.
ajeet i would install your 2.2 again cause it was faster (now i have 2.3.7 that www posted) but one major problem with that one was fn key functions were messed up, do you think you can do something about it?

also can anyone write down what is and is not working in those versions (2.2 - 2.3.7) so we can compare? thanks

and one more thing, not related to android. i see you two are also outside us, could you get gps working? (on winmo) i tried many things but could not get it to work. i use gsm/umts mode, does it even matter what i set if i'm outside of us?
20th November 2011, 07:31 AM |#179  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

guys don't forget this thread please ))) . i got one question. why is battery life so short? on idle it loses 50% in about 10 hours (100% in a day). and when playing or watching videos even faster, but thats not a surprise. the problem is idle. only one day is very bad.
ajeet i would install your 2.2 again cause it was faster (now i have 2.3.7 that www posted) but one major problem with that one was fn key functions were messed up, do you think you can do something about it?

also can anyone write down what is and is not working in those versions (2.2 - 2.3.7) so we can compare? thanks

and one more thing, not related to android. i see you two are also outside us, could you get gps working? (on winmo) i tried many things but could not get it to work. i use gsm/umts mode, does it even matter what i set if i'm outside of us?

we don't forget about this thread. we are working on new release.
battery life is so short because suspend mode is working not fully in alpha3. in new kernel ajeet fixed that.
20th November 2011, 11:40 AM |#180  
Flag Tbilisi

More
Quote:

we don't forget about this thread. we are working on new release.
battery life is so short because suspend mode is working not fully in alpha3. in new kernel ajeet fixed that.

thats great ). can you say anything about GPS? did you get it to work on winmo?
20th November 2011, 12:51 PM |#181  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thats great ). can you say anything about GPS? did you get it to work on winmo?

what sw version are you using now?
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread